Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Ted Dibiase is offline Rookie
    The Patriots had him as the best QB in the draft. They drafted him 3rd round because they thought he was way too good to be there, even though they had no real need of him. Since then all we know is that he's not good enough to unseat Brady. He's done more than hold a clipboard. He's gone through game prep for three years and run scout team offense. Not trying to overstate, but being a pro for three years carries some value. Tasty, I think there may be something to your argument, but I think it's just as likely that Brady plays 4-5 more years and they want to get him all the help they can for another run.

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Ted Dibiase View Post
    The Patriots had him as the best QB in the draft. They drafted him 3rd round because they thought he was way too good to be there, even though they had no real need of him. Since then all we know is that he's not good enough to unseat Brady. He's done more than hold a clipboard. He's gone through game prep for three years and run scout team offense. Not trying to overstate, but being a pro for three years carries some value. Tasty, I think there may be something to your argument, but I think it's just as likely that Brady plays 4-5 more years and they want to get him all the help they can for another run.
    Another thing to consider is that in the limited playing time he has had (primarily in pre-season), he has done nothing to show that he is anything special. I think folks are enamored because New England selected him and he has been in their system for 3 years. I don't put much merit in being in NE's system. I think much like Favre and Peyton, Brady is what makes them click and not the coaching staff.

Full disclosure, I'm not a fan of Belichick. I am a fan of Tom Brady, and quite a bit jealous.

I see Mallet as nothing but an unknown. Definitely not worthy of a 2nd round pick, I would rather pursue re-signing Cassel and drafting a QB over giving up high draft picks for Mallet.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123