Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    johnkdbr is offline Training Camp

Gabbert or Cousins?

Skins want a 2nd round pick for Cousins & I think New England would would go for a 3rd round pick for Gabbert. I really like Gabbert & Shanahan loved Cousins. Top 3 QB's will most likely not be there come the 8th pick & I would hate to see us trade up. We know we will eventually grab a QB in either the 2nd or 3rd round so why not trade for one of these QB's expecially Gabbert for a 3rd round pick. I think he's the real deal plus he's been under Bellecheck for 3 years.

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by johnkdbr View Post
    Skins want a 2nd round pick for Cousins & I think New England would would go for a 3rd round pick for Gabbert. I really like Gabbert & Shanahan loved Cousins. Top 3 QB's will most likely not be there come the 8th pick & I would hate to see us trade up. We know we will eventually grab a QB in either the 2nd or 3rd round so why not trade for one of these QB's expecially Gabbert for a 3rd round pick. I think he's the real deal plus he's been under Bellecheck for 3 years.
    Mallet not Gabbert (he plays for jacksonville)

drewlovs is offline Asst. Coach
    I like Cousins if we only had to give up the 2nd round pick, though I would prefer one of the 3rd round picks we have.
    Men are moved by two levers only: fear and self interest.

~Napoleon Bonaparte on Politics

Ted Dibiase is offline Rookie
    I'd be very surprised if NE gives up Mallet for a 3rd...unless those character concerns that allowed them to draft him in the 3rd are legit and they want to unload him.

purpleblood32 is offline Starter
    Blog Entries
    what has cousins show anybody ha ha o-4... 4 tds 7 ints ...is completion ratio and qb rating sucks ..,why would you give up anything ...he has only proved he can lose a game for you i guess he looked good doing it i dont know what people are thinking draft a rookie

cousins isnt the kind of vet you sign

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Yeah... think you mean Mallet. I'd trade for Mallot in a heartbeat before Cousins.

Cousins is not that great of a QB. He had 8 TDs, 10 INTs and a 56% completion... that doesn't scream starter to me.

Mallet doesn't have any starts to judge his play, but I have much more faith in someone that has been Brady's understudy for the past three years. He's also looked great in preseason.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by C Mac D View Post
    Yeah... think you mean Mallet. I'd trade for Mallot in a heartbeat before Cousins.

Cousins is not that great of a QB. He had 8 TDs, 10 INTs and a 56% completion... that doesn't scream starter to me.

Mallet doesn't have any starts to judge his play, but I have much more faith in someone that has been Brady's understudy for the past three years. He's also looked great in preseason.
    If you focused on the last three games of 2013, when the team had all but given up and there was major drama over benching RGIII, I can understand why you feel this way. but personally, I don't think 2013 told us a whole lot about Cousins.

When the team was on the right track in 2012, and they were playoff bound, he was a competent QB backing up RGIII.

Which QB is he depends, IMO, on what the team surrounding him gives him to use.

Tad7 is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mac D View Post

I'm not gonna pretend like I remember any Patriots pre-season games but just yesterday I read this article on NESN thay says the opposite of that.

Mallett has attempted just four regular-season passes in his three years with the Patriots. He has struggled in his preseason appearances.
    Report: Patriots Want Second-Round Draft Pick In A Ryan Mallett Trade | New England Patriots | NESN.com

Even a 3rd round pick is a lot to give up for a guy in the last year of his rookie deal with almost literally nothing positive in t he NFL to go on.
    Last edited by Tad7; 02-21-2014 at 07:18 AM.
    Skol Vikings! Go Cubs!

X MARKS THE SPOT

Ted Dibiase is offline Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Tad7 View Post
    Even a 3rd round pick is a lot to give up for a guy in the last year of his rookie deal with almost literally nothing positive in t he NFL to go on.
    I think the fact that he's nearing the end of his rookie deal is pretty significant. But the positive side of that is he is plenty young yet and has experience, even though he hasn't seen much action. Rather than take a chance on someone like Carr or McCarron, I wouldn't mind them using their 2nd on him. Big guy, big arm...kind of guy Norv likes. Lombardi from NFL network said NE actually had him as the top QB in the draft that included Kaepernick, Dalton, Locker...and Ponder and Gabbert. It was the off field stuff that dropped him. Who knows, maybe a few million dollars lost due to stupidity was all the wakeup he needed.
    Perfect fit for Mallett? - NFL Videos

Of these 2 QBs, Cousins is the only one who has any real experience to draw conclusions off of. In the 2012 season, when the games meant something and the team was energized, he look as good as RGIII at times, though not as mobile. He won games under immense pressure, and the team rallied around him.

In 2013, the dynamics were VERY different. The team was playing for nothing, many players had sided with RGIII and given up on the head coach, and the HC was playing games with not only the QBs but, if you remember, he was playing round-robin with the RBs. Morris was the best on the field, but there was no guarantee that he would even get the ball. Shaningan's game decisions were horrible. In the atmosphere, Cousins looked as bad as the rest of the team.

I submit to you that the next team Cousins plays for will not be as septic as Washington was last year, and he will be more like the Cousins of 2012 than last year. Only time will tell, obviously, but there is more reason to think he is 2012 good than 2013 bad.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast