ragz is offline GM

Re: Fuzzy Math(2 pt conversion)

"Webby" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Webby" wrote:
    "Ragnarok" wrote:
    "BootyCall" wrote:

Are you kidding me?
    I spent nearly half the game wondering if passing up a chance at 2 pts was going to cost us the win.
    Please...someone explain the math to me because I'm not as smart as Chilly.
    HOW CAN YOU NOT GO FOR TWO?
    Wait...I get it...Chill was counting on another safety out of the defense to give us the 11-10 win.

Bottom line is the offense is FUGLY.
    Eight/Nine in the box and we can't hit a hot route to give AP a little room out there.
    When anyone can show me the improvement the offense has shown because Gus is in and Action Jackson is out please drop me a note.
    Gus stands in there and gets pounded except for a couple times a game where he throws out of fear and the zebras bail him out with a PI call downfield. I don't want to hear about Berrian's crossing route that turned into a big TD either....my mother could have hit him 5 yds past the line of scrimmage for the same result.
    Anyone else happen to notice how many balls were underthrown/overshot or into the turf today?
    Gus has to go.
    He doesn't have to go far.
    Just over to the bench where he looks best wearing that headset.
    We aren't going to win a playoff game with this band-aid in under center.
    Put T-Jax back in.
    He isn't the Messiah but he gives us something that Gus can't.
    HOPE.
    This team would be 3-3 without the QB change and TJ would have had 4 more games of experience to draw from.
    BC was trigger happy because he was scared of losing his job.
    I've got a news flash for you Vikings fans...Childress is gone if we don't win at least 1 game in the playoffs and that isn't going to happen with run-run-pray Gus can hit a 4 yd slant every 3rd down so why doesn't Chill GROW SOME and ride his horse till the end.
    At least at the end of the day we would know if TJax is for real.
    Please don't post any BS that Gus gives us a better chance to win either because anyone who thinks we are bringing home the Lombardi with that old man under center is kidding themselves.
    Put Jax in.
    Play it out.
    Let it ride.
    If the best we do with Gus is 8-8 at the end of the day, I'd rather give the kid the reigns and see if we can get some first downs.
    Lets face it....this sh*$ we saw today....doesn't inspire people.
    I'm not going to get a hard on watching our kicker get game balls the rest of the year, are you?
    The "Enter" key is your friend.
    ;D

Am I the only one that didn't have that big a problem with not going for two?
    The conversion rate is quite low for those, and if you happen to not convert (which is VERY likey to happen with this offense) you screw yourself.

IMO, a two-point conversion at that point in the game just doesn't do much for you; kick an extra point and you're only down by 1, the Lions were doing practically nothing on offense, and there was plenty of time left in the game to win.

What do you Jared Allen negatives think about him now?
    His pressure on Orlovsky caused him to stupidly step out the back of the end zone for a safety, and ended up being the ultimate difference in this game.
    I didn't have a big problem with it.
    Remember, they are arguing we should have because our offense was lagging.

Well, pooh, isn't it our offense that needs to get those 2 points?
    LMAO.

Nice arguments, right?
    Well my point is this, yes our offense was lagging, but you have a chance to tie it up with a succesfull 2 point conversion. Miss it & you end up down by 2 vs. down by 1 with a PAT. Either scenario requires you to score to go ahead, so why not take that shot at that particular moment?

It's not like we were getting the ball into the redzone during the game & having more opportunities. In fact I believe that it was only the 2nd time in 3 quarters of play that we were down that deep in that end of the field.
    The odds of them getting the 2 points is well below the NFL average, which is itself low.
    They can't find end zone ever, I doubt this time would be magical.
    I am certain Chilly whacks off to field goals.
    i understood the thinking of not going for it, but my feeling, like apparently alot of people, is what if we dont get down there again?
    i mean if we at least have a tie the vikes literally could have waited for a orlovsky to make a mistake and we win.
    instead we still needed our offense to put together another drive.
    though we did do it, we f-ed it up like we do in so many ways until a friendly pass interference call.
    i would have went for it just cuz i felt like i couldnt guarantee we were going to even get down there again to get another shot.
    "self improvement's masturbation.
    now self destruction" that's enlightenment

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"BootyCall" wrote:

Are you kidding me?
    I spent nearly half the game wondering if passing up a chance at 2 pts was going to cost us the win.
    Please...someone explain the math to me because I'm not as smart as Chilly.
    HOW CAN YOU NOT GO FOR TWO?
    Wait...I get it...Chill was counting on another safety out of the defense to give us the 11-10 win.

Bottom line is the offense is FUGLY.
    Eight/Nine in the box and we can't hit a hot route to give AP a little room out there.
    When anyone can show me the improvement the offense has shown because Gus is in and Action Jackson is out please drop me a note.
    Gus stands in there and gets pounded except for a couple times a game where he throws out of fear and the zebras bail him out with a PI call downfield. I don't want to hear about Berrian's crossing route that turned into a big TD either....my mother could have hit him 5 yds past the line of scrimmage for the same result.
    Anyone else happen to notice how many balls were underthrown/overshot or into the turf today?
    Gus has to go.
    He doesn't have to go far.
    Just over to the bench where he looks best wearing that headset.
    We aren't going to win a playoff game with this band-aid in under center.
    Put T-Jax back in.
    He isn't the Messiah but he gives us something that Gus can't.
    HOPE.
    This team would be 3-3 without the QB change and TJ would have had 4 more games of experience to draw from.
    BC was trigger happy because he was scared of losing his job.
    I've got a news flash for you Vikings fans...Childress is gone if we don't win at least 1 game in the playoffs and that isn't going to happen with run-run-pray Gus can hit a 4 yd slant every 3rd down so why doesn't Chill GROW SOME and ride his horse till the end.
    At least at the end of the day we would know if TJax is for real.
    Please don't post any BS that Gus gives us a better chance to win either because anyone who thinks we are bringing home the Lombardi with that old man under center is kidding themselves.

Put Jax in.
    Play it out.
    Let it ride.
    If the best we do with Gus is 8-8 at the end of the day, I'd rather give the kid the reigns and see if we can get some first downs.
    Lets face it....this sh*$ we saw today....doesn't inspire people.
    I'm not going to get a hard on watching our kicker get game balls the rest of the year, are you?

[youtube=425,350]3cvotwO0Kwo[/youtube]

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion

The bottom line is I don't think Childress realized that a 1 pt conversion meant nothing to the outcome of the game where as a 2 pt conversion could have made a difference.
    The only reason for not going for it was maybe he was afraid that not getting it would have been a let down for the O.
    Other than that there was no reason not to give it a try.
    I just don't think he thought it out nor did any of his coach's.

WWBGD

IDK where you get this Jackson giving us "hope" from?? Putting him back in wouldn't change this team a bit IMO. This is a team sport and one guy isn't gonna give us this huge amount of "hope" you are looking for.

Ya childress is an idiot, but i still believe Gus should be in over TJ. When was the last time we saw a 300 yard passing game with this team??

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

This is a farce... he proves to be a bigger joke every week.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

"C" wrote:
    This is a farce... he proves to be a bigger joke every week.

It is something new every week

ragz is offline GM

"idahovikefan7" wrote:
    IDK where you get this Jackson giving us "hope" from?? Putting him back in wouldn't change this team a bit IMO. This is a team sport and one guy isn't gonna give us this huge amount of "hope" you are looking for.

Ya childress is an idiot, but i still believe Gus should be in over TJ. When was the last time we saw a 300 yard passing game with this team??
    who cares?
    if we throw for 300 yards and score ten points, or rush for 200 and score ten points.
    the important stats are 3rd down conversions and points and we are still terrible in all of them.
    enough praise for the qb, how bout we start giving the credit where its due.
    the defense.
    i think we can say for sure as the season has gone on they have gotten better, something that no one can honestly say about the offense.
    and is it that big of an accomplishment to throw for 300 yards against the lions.
    wasn't the average qb rating against them this year like 130?
    considering he threw a pick, one score, and had a 54 completion percentage i'm pretty sure he was no where close to that.
    we have to get better, or hope that we can win a division at 8-8.
    were not gonna get consistent pass interference calls and qbs running out the back of endzones every week.
    if we dont improve we are not gonna be able to beat decent teams anywhere let alone on the road.

"ragz" wrote:
    "idahovikefan7" wrote:

who cares?
    if we throw for 300 yards and score ten points, or rush for 200 and score ten points.
    the important stats are 3rd down conversions and points and we are still terrible in all of them.
    the defense.
    i think we can say for sure as the season has gone on they have gotten better, something that no one can honestly say about the offense.
    and is it that big of an accomplishment to throw for 300 yards against the lions.
    considering he threw a pick, one score, and had a 54 completion percentage i'm pretty sure he was no where close to that.
    were not gonna get consistent pass interference calls and qbs running out the back of endzones every week.
    if we dont improve we are not gonna be able to beat decent teams anywhere let alone on the road.
    Well if you wanna talk about points, u have to factor in the fact we had a great drive stalled because of a fumble on the one yard line, and other mishaps as well. I know it was an ugly win and our team has a dump load of improvement that needs to be made to be a playoff caliber team, but i'm still happy with the win regardless.

I also believe if we can give gus some time to throw the dang ball, we will show improvement on the passing game as well. I really hope we can step it up against the bears and pull out another W. But if we keep playing the way we have as a "team" this is going to be a long year.....

ragz is offline GM

"idahovikefan7" wrote:
    "ragz" wrote:
    "idahovikefan7" wrote:

who cares?
    the defense.
    Well if you wanna talk about points, u have to factor in the fact we had a great drive stalled because of a fumble on the one yard line, and other mishaps as well. I know it was an ugly win and our team has a dump load of improvement that needs to be made to be a playoff caliber team, but i'm still happy with the win regardless.

I also believe if we can give gus some time to throw the dang ball, we will show improvement on the passing game as well. I really hope we can step it up against the bears and pull out another W. But if we keep playing the way we have as a "team" this is going to be a long year.....
    well some of that is still on ferrotte, cuz as much as everyone says teams respect our passnow, by the way they are coming at us it don't feel like it.
    if we are gonna stop teams from putting so much pressure we have to convert 3rd downs and get more going than 10 points.
    of course the fumble was huge early on, but its getting a little old to think that if we turn the ball over once than scoring again is such a chore.
    i mean we got the ball 5 times last week and didnt turn it over once but still struggled moving teh ball.
    too many pentalies, too many errant throws, especially on 3rd downs.
    if we could seriously get anything going early in games i guarantee you'd see the pressure start weening and the running game really take over.
    the way we've won our last two games is not a formula thats gonna work for us going forward.
    but maybe thats the positive.
    unless we keep doing it.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast