Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
Results 101 to 108 of 108
  1. #101
    ragz's Avatar
    ragz is offline GM
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,114

    Re: Fuzzy Math(2 pt conversion)

    "singersp" wrote:
    "ragz" wrote:
    exactly.
    the fans aren't looking at it like it was a rationale decision by childress.
    they're looking at it like "that silly guy might have just cost us a game."
    it worked out, but in the end i think the fans want to hear his explanation cuz most of them are so Challenged Hillbilly Lover'd.
    and we got what we wanted when he pulled out his 45% conversion rate as if he was totally blowing up the media.
    did any of you read that article where the guy questions childress on his red zone and 3rd down percentages?
    he acted as if he blew everybodys mind that 2 point conversions are about 50% effective.
    well if detroit did score a td, which i figure was the logic for kicking, then the conversion rate would have still been the same later in the game so what was he proving?
    hes an arrogant prick and to me he hasn't proven much of anything for him to have such a condescending demeanor about him.
    Well at least he proved to you that he's an arrogant prick.
    actually nodak, if you read an earlier post in the thread i said exactly that.
    and said that the qeustioning came down to the fact childress has managed games poorly in the past so we dont give him the benefit of the doubt.
    but i heard the press conference.
    and when you ask a question, and then respond by saying i didnt think so.
    you are doing something that wreaks of rude.

    and singer good point.
    sometimes i cant stand to listen to his press conferences cuz of how he acts like any question is so stupid to him.
    like god forbid you question childress at times on his bone headed decisions.
    and then when he responds about kings clothes, or getting the ball back with no timeouts under 2 minutes, you start to think, "where the hell does this guy get off acting smart?"
    "self improvement's masturbation.
    now self destruction" that's enlightenment

  2. #102
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,601
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Fuzzy Math(2 pt conversion)

    "ragz" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "ragz" wrote:
    exactly.
    the fans aren't looking at it like it was a rationale decision by childress.
    they're looking at it like "that silly guy might have just cost us a game."
    it worked out, but in the end i think the fans want to hear his explanation cuz most of them are so Challenged Hillbilly Lover'd.
    and we got what we wanted when he pulled out his 45% conversion rate as if he was totally blowing up the media.
    did any of you read that article where the guy questions childress on his red zone and 3rd down percentages?
    he acted as if he blew everybodys mind that 2 point conversions are about 50% effective.
    well if detroit did score a td, which i figure was the logic for kicking, then the conversion rate would have still been the same later in the game so what was he proving?
    hes an arrogant prick and to me he hasn't proven much of anything for him to have such a condescending demeanor about him.
    Well at least he proved to you that he's an arrogant prick.
    actually nodak, if you read an earlier post in the thread i said exactly that.
    and said that the qeustioning came down to the fact childress has managed games poorly in the past so we dont give him the benefit of the doubt.
    but i heard the press conference.
    and when you ask a question, and then respond by saying i didnt think so.
    you are doing something that wreaks of rude.

    and singer good point.
    sometimes i cant stand to listen to his press conferences cuz of how he acts like any question is so stupid to him.
    like god forbid you question childress at times on his bone headed decisions.
    and then when he responds about kings clothes, or getting the ball back with no timeouts under 2 minutes, you start to think, "where the hell does this guy get off acting smart?"
    I don't see how he was being rude.
    It was handled well IMHO... Question his stupid decisions all you want.
    Lord knows he has made enough to give you reason to question his decision making ability.
    But stop acting like the 2PT was a horrible decision, and stop reading into every quote you can find to drum up more hatred.
    And calling him an arrogant prick just because you don't like him is, well, acting like a prick.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  3. #103
    ragz's Avatar
    ragz is offline GM
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,114

    Re: Fuzzy Math(2 pt conversion)

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "ragz" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "ragz" wrote:
    exactly.
    the fans aren't looking at it like it was a rationale decision by childress.
    they're looking at it like "that silly guy might have just cost us a game."
    it worked out, but in the end i think the fans want to hear his explanation cuz most of them are so Challenged Hillbilly Lover'd.
    and we got what we wanted when he pulled out his 45% conversion rate as if he was totally blowing up the media.
    did any of you read that article where the guy questions childress on his red zone and 3rd down percentages?
    he acted as if he blew everybodys mind that 2 point conversions are about 50% effective.
    well if detroit did score a td, which i figure was the logic for kicking, then the conversion rate would have still been the same later in the game so what was he proving?
    hes an arrogant prick and to me he hasn't proven much of anything for him to have such a condescending demeanor about him.
    Well at least he proved to you that he's an arrogant prick.
    actually nodak, if you read an earlier post in the thread i said exactly that.
    and said that the qeustioning came down to the fact childress has managed games poorly in the past so we dont give him the benefit of the doubt.
    but i heard the press conference.
    and when you ask a question, and then respond by saying i didnt think so.
    you are doing something that wreaks of rude.

    and singer good point.
    sometimes i cant stand to listen to his press conferences cuz of how he acts like any question is so stupid to him.
    like god forbid you question childress at times on his bone headed decisions.
    and then when he responds about kings clothes, or getting the ball back with no timeouts under 2 minutes, you start to think, "where the hell does this guy get off acting smart?"
    I don't see how he was being rude.
    It was handled well IMHO... Question his stupid decisions all you want.
    Lord knows he has made enough to give you reason to question his decision making ability.
    But stop acting like the 2PT was a horrible decision, and stop reading into every quote you can find to drum up more hatred.
    And calling him an arrogant prick just because you don't like him is, well, acting like a prick.
    so i guess you ignored the fact that i said the decision could have gone either way and that the decision wasn't horrible but since you like calling people names you can go with that if it makes me more of a prick to you.
    and whats with this "quote i can find"?
    hello, this is a thread about the 2 pt conversion, he addressed it by acting as if the decision was based on his huge 45% stat, which i'm sure he had just sitting on the sideline which convinced him to kick the extra point.
    and as if that stat is so telling.
    "oh so childress, you mean about half the time people convert 2 pt conversions?
    well thanx for putting us in our place for asking the question of why you didn't go for it.
    i would have never guessed about half the time teams convert."


    did he answer the question asked?
    no.
    he asked a rhetorical question, and then followed with a "I DIDN'T THINK SO".
    as if that explained it all.
    i dont have to read much into anything to know thats him acting as if he shouldn't have to be questioned on his decision.
    which if i look up the definition of arrogant, it would probably sound something like that.
    and then if i look about the way he chose to answer the question, wala, pricky.
    i.e; arrogant prick.
    its not rocket science and not the first time hes acted that way.
    but if you wanna make it about me, all yours pal.
    "self improvement's masturbation.
    now self destruction" that's enlightenment

  4. #104
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,258

    Re: Fuzzy Math(2 pt conversion)

    "ragz" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "ragz" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "ragz" wrote:
    exactly.
    the fans aren't looking at it like it was a rationale decision by childress.
    they're looking at it like "that silly guy might have just cost us a game."
    it worked out, but in the end i think the fans want to hear his explanation cuz most of them are so Challenged Hillbilly Lover'd.
    and we got what we wanted when he pulled out his 45% conversion rate as if he was totally blowing up the media.
    did any of you read that article where the guy questions childress on his red zone and 3rd down percentages?
    he acted as if he blew everybodys mind that 2 point conversions are about 50% effective.
    well if detroit did score a td, which i figure was the logic for kicking, then the conversion rate would have still been the same later in the game so what was he proving?
    hes an arrogant prick and to me he hasn't proven much of anything for him to have such a condescending demeanor about him.
    Well at least he proved to you that he's an arrogant prick.
    actually nodak, if you read an earlier post in the thread i said exactly that.
    and said that the qeustioning came down to the fact childress has managed games poorly in the past so we dont give him the benefit of the doubt.
    but i heard the press conference.
    and when you ask a question, and then respond by saying i didnt think so.
    you are doing something that wreaks of rude.

    and singer good point.
    sometimes i cant stand to listen to his press conferences cuz of how he acts like any question is so stupid to him.
    like god forbid you question childress at times on his bone headed decisions.
    and then when he responds about kings clothes, or getting the ball back with no timeouts under 2 minutes, you start to think, "where the hell does this guy get off acting smart?"
    I don't see how he was being rude.
    It was handled well IMHO... Question his stupid decisions all you want.
    Lord knows he has made enough to give you reason to question his decision making ability.
    But stop acting like the 2PT was a horrible decision, and stop reading into every quote you can find to drum up more hatred.
    And calling him an arrogant prick just because you don't like him is, well, acting like a prick.
    so i guess you ignored the fact that i said the decision could have gone either way and that the decision wasn't horrible but since you like calling people names you can go with that if it makes me more of a prick to you.
    and whats with this "quote i can find"?
    hello, this is a thread about the 2 pt conversion, he addressed it by acting as if the decision was based on his huge 45% stat, which i'm sure he had just sitting on the sideline which convinced him to kick the extra point.
    and as if that stat is so telling.
    "oh so childress, you mean about half the time people convert 2 pt conversions?
    well thanx for putting us in our place for asking the question of why you didn't go for it.
    i would have never guessed about half the time teams convert."


    did he answer the question asked?
    no.
    he asked a rhetorical question, and then followed with a "I DIDN'T THINK SO".
    as if that explained it all.
    i dont have to read much into anything to know thats him acting as if he shouldn't have to be questioned on his decision.
    which if i look up the definition of arrogant, it would probably sound something like that.
    and then if i look about the way he chose to answer the question, wala, pricky.
    i.e; arrogant prick.
    its not rocket science and not the first time hes acted that way.
    but if you wanna make it about me, all yours pal.
    I'm sure Ragz will find this little snippet interesting....

    Too often, Childress stands at the lectern and acts as if he's the smartest guy in the room, especially when the Vikings aren't playing well. Criticism is never easy to take. But talking down to people you consider intellectually inferior is the wrong way to handle it.
    http://www.minnpost.com/patborzi/2008/10/17/3918/vikings_childress_joins_a_long_list_of_nfl_coaches _on_the_fans_firing_line

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  5. #105
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,909

    Re: Fuzzy Math(2 pt conversion)

    "singersp" wrote:
    "ragz" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "ragz" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    [quote author=ragz link=topic=48494.msg853694#msg853694 date=1224198662]
    exactly.
    the fans aren't looking at it like it was a rationale decision by childress.
    they're looking at it like "that silly guy might have just cost us a game."
    it worked out, but in the end i think the fans want to hear his explanation cuz most of them are so Challenged Hillbilly Lover'd.
    and we got what we wanted when he pulled out his 45% conversion rate as if he was totally blowing up the media.
    did any of you read that article where the guy questions childress on his red zone and 3rd down percentages?
    he acted as if he blew everybodys mind that 2 point conversions are about 50% effective.
    well if detroit did score a td, which i figure was the logic for kicking, then the conversion rate would have still been the same later in the game so what was he proving?
    hes an arrogant prick and to me he hasn't proven much of anything for him to have such a condescending demeanor about him.
    Well at least he proved to you that he's an arrogant prick.
    actually nodak, if you read an earlier post in the thread i said exactly that.
    and said that the qeustioning came down to the fact childress has managed games poorly in the past so we dont give him the benefit of the doubt.
    but i heard the press conference.
    and when you ask a question, and then respond by saying i didnt think so.
    you are doing something that wreaks of rude.

    and singer good point.
    sometimes i cant stand to listen to his press conferences cuz of how he acts like any question is so stupid to him.
    like god forbid you question childress at times on his bone headed decisions.
    and then when he responds about kings clothes, or getting the ball back with no timeouts under 2 minutes, you start to think, "where the hell does this guy get off acting smart?"
    I don't see how he was being rude.
    It was handled well IMHO... Question his stupid decisions all you want.
    Lord knows he has made enough to give you reason to question his decision making ability.
    But stop acting like the 2PT was a horrible decision, and stop reading into every quote you can find to drum up more hatred.
    And calling him an arrogant prick just because you don't like him is, well, acting like a prick.
    so i guess you ignored the fact that i said the decision could have gone either way and that the decision wasn't horrible but since you like calling people names you can go with that if it makes me more of a prick to you.
    and whats with this "quote i can find"?
    hello, this is a thread about the 2 pt conversion, he addressed it by acting as if the decision was based on his huge 45% stat, which i'm sure he had just sitting on the sideline which convinced him to kick the extra point.
    and as if that stat is so telling.
    "oh so childress, you mean about half the time people convert 2 pt conversions?
    well thanx for putting us in our place for asking the question of why you didn't go for it.
    i would have never guessed about half the time teams convert."


    did he answer the question asked?
    no.
    he asked a rhetorical question, and then followed with a "I DIDN'T THINK SO".
    as if that explained it all.
    i dont have to read much into anything to know thats him acting as if he shouldn't have to be questioned on his decision.
    which if i look up the definition of arrogant, it would probably sound something like that.
    and then if i look about the way he chose to answer the question, wala, pricky.
    i.e; arrogant prick.
    its not rocket science and not the first time hes acted that way.
    but if you wanna make it about me, all yours pal.
    I'm sure Ragz will find this little snippet interesting....

    Too often, Childress stands at the lectern and acts as if he's the smartest guy in the room, especially when the Vikings aren't playing well. Criticism is never easy to take. But talking down to people you consider intellectually inferior is the wrong way to handle it.
    http://www.minnpost.com/patborzi/2008/10/17/3918/vikings_childress_joins_a_long_list_of_nfl_coaches _on_the_fans_firing_line

    [/quote]
    And sometimes a yutz needs a wake up call.
    Best way in my book to do that is to jolt them with a bit of reality or at least some facts to get them back on track.


    I've been reading what spews from that media area up there for years.
    Me thinks most of them need a little talking down to.........

    Go getem Chiller.
    ;D
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  6. #106
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,601
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Fuzzy Math(2 pt conversion)

    []
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  7. #107
    ragz's Avatar
    ragz is offline GM
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,114

    Re: Fuzzy Math(2 pt conversion)

    []
    "self improvement's masturbation.
    now self destruction" that's enlightenment

  8. #108
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,909

    Re: Fuzzy Math(2 pt conversion)

    []
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Similar Threads

  1. Digital TV conversion fast approaching
    By Vikefanman2000 in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-17-2008, 02:31 PM
  2. Lotus Notes to MS conversion program
    By AngloVike in forum Help / Suggestion Box
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-09-2008, 12:41 PM
  3. Mp4 to conversion
    By ultravikingfan in forum Help / Suggestion Box
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-19-2007, 08:00 AM
  4. I did the math: 9-7
    By StillPurple in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 07-30-2007, 10:16 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •