Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

Re: future looks bright for vikings. even without moss

Good question Magicci. Ambrose or Williams? they play pretty similar. I would have to give the edge to Williams. Only because he is younger. Yes everyone read it right.....I gave Williams props.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Are we jinxed now? I hope not!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

VikemanX84 is offline Hall of Famer

I hope it's KC representing in the SuperBowl this season. It would be kind of sad getting revenge on them since Hank Stram died this year, but I would much rather see them than Oakland or New England. Which are the only two teams that scare me in the AFC against the vikes this year. However, if the Edge plays this season I still think it's going to be Vikings v Colts.
    When it s all said and done, you ll have to admit we re number 1!

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

no one should worry about oakland

true moss and jordan will bring their defence up from marginal to good, but the loss of harris to their already craptacular defence will hurt real bad. as a football fan you should know that defence wins championships, offence sells tickets and jerseys. the raiders will have a 9-7 record at best and not make the playoffs you watch.

pats, well yah they scare me too.

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

"collegeguyjeff" wrote:
    thats cool but i don't agree with dallas or kansas city. dallas drafted 4 drfensive ends which tells me they arn't sure who will be good or not, and kansas city didn't do much with thier defense. some people will say kansas city did a good job but they really didn't.

Dallas runs a 3-4, meaning college DE's will play both DE and OLB for dallas. Spears will be a DE and Ware will be an OLB. I like what dallas did at CB too, getting henry and glenn, to add with a very talented terrance newman. If they can fix that safety spot, next to roy, they could have a heck of a D. I don't like bledsoe though and don't see them as too much of a threat with him at QB. If they ride julious jones and their D is as good as I expect it to be, then bledsoe won't have to do much and I would say 10-11 wins is definitely a possibility. Not a super bowl contender with bledsoe though IMO, even if he doesn't have to do much.

I love what KC did to their D this offseason, getting bell, knight, surtain, ambrose, and drafting DJ. I also hear they are gonna make a push for ty law too, so their D could be significantly upgraded. They still have troubles at WR(especially with the team chemistry killer mitchell now there), and have a young and inconsistent kicker that they have to deal with. I am also not sold on their D-line either. 10 wins looks realistic for them and mabye a few more wins, if the breaks go their way, like they seemed to do 2 years ago.

I think it is obvious to everyone that the bigest question mark on our team is coaching. Tice, cotrell, and loney all have questions to answer this year.

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    no one should worry about oakland

true moss and jordan will bring their defence up from marginal to good, but the loss of harris to their already craptacular defence will hurt real bad. as a football fan you should know that defence wins championships, offence sells tickets and jerseys. the raiders will have a 9-7 record at best and not make the playoffs you watch.

pats, well yah they scare me too.

The raiders also lost buchanon and will rely on an unproven CB now.

I think it is crazy that any vikes fan could fear the raiders this season. Are they not a replica of the vikes, of the past 5 years? We of all fans should know that even with the best offense in the league, you aren't going anywhere with one of the worst D's in the league. I think the raiders could push for worst D and best offense, and that would get them what 8 wins maybe. Plus if we traded moss because he hurt our team chemistry, that should be factored in at oakland too. I think 8 or 9 wins is about all oakland can hope for. Moss has to be frustrated, being here for 7 years and never having a D, then being shipped to oakland where they will have a crappy D, and seeing us immediately build a formidable D.

magicci is offline Jersey Retired

yea i kinda feel for moss on that

I agree. It sure wasn't Randy Moss' fault that we haven't had an average defense in years. Red could have spent that money anytime over the last 2-3 years to improve the defense, but chose not to. Our defense isn't better because of the Randy Moss trade (all we got on D was Harris)...it's better because of all the other moves we made. So, it's a shame that Randy won't be part of the revival.

DaunteHOF is offline Coach

good read, only problem he seem to have was with the coaching, its on you Tice...
    Its not braggin if you can do it!!!

magicci is offline Jersey Retired

what year did moss become the no.1 receiver for the vikings?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast