PacNWVike is offline Team Alumni

The Future... I'm Concerned

Our Vikes have the best RB in the NFL. Other than our shining star WR named Harvin, our receiving corp is mediocre at best. Our defense is all right, but we still need some help on the back end. What is our future?

I've always believed a successful NFL team must plan/draft/free agent recruitment/contract length/top player performance lifespan, etc with a focus on a point in time when they can make a bona fide run for The Ring.

I'm not so sure the pieces are falling into place for us...
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."
    Edmund Burke

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Like I said in another post, they're trying to build their offense around AD & the run. He's already played 6 seasons & by the time they have all the pieces in place to make it work at a Super Bowl contender level, AD may already be on the backside of his career or already out due to injury.

Then what? Rebuild again?

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

PacNWVike is offline Team Alumni

The Future... I'm Concerned

It's all about timing. I'm concerned our "stars" will be done prior to the other pieces of the puzzle showing up...
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."
    Edmund Burke

Rambro987 is offline Training Camp
    Realistically, it's darn near impossible to find a star QB in the league, and the injury to Childs has probably really stunted the growth of Ponder.

I'm just really interested to see what we could be like with Childs healthy. Next season is gonna be great!
    Last edited by Rambro987; 12-18-2012 at 01:04 AM.
    None

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by Rambro987 View Post
    Realistically, it's darn near impossible to find a star QB in the league, and the injury to Childs has probably really stunted the growth of Ponder.

I'm just really interested to see what we could be like with Childs healthy. Next season is gonna be great!
    Realistically, it's darn near impossible to believe that a 4th round WR, who has yet to play a NFL game is the reason that Ponder hasn't improved like he should.

When your QB makes bad decisions, has bad mechanics, throws way short of receivers down field, hell sometimes throwing it feet short of a receiver behind the LOS, that's not the fault of the center, the WR or any other player on the field, much less a player who was injured in TC.

The fact that we're even talking about or seeing bad mechanics after Ponder has played in 25 consecutive regular reason games, plus a full offseason/preseason in between, should speak volumes as to who is to blame for his lack of improvement.

Even if we had Fitzgerald & Calvin Johnson on our team, I believe you would see some improvement in his stats, but not by a lot.
    Last edited by singersp; 12-18-2012 at 05:32 AM.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

purplehelmut is offline Pro-Bowler
    The future, I'm concerned too. Have been since 1969.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    3 days left. Will it all end?........

Reignman is offline Asst. Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    3 days left. Will it all end?........
    It'll all be over Friday at 11:11am (GMT) which I believe is 5:11am Minnesota time. Hey at least the Vikings last game was a win and AD had 1 hell of a game.