Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Future

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: The Future

"Ltrey33" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    This guy will NOT still be on the board when we pick!
    But I guess you can dream.
    Exactly. Getting Calvin Johnson is a pipe dream.
    Not if we keep playing offense like we have been playing.
    My worst nightmare is that we finish below Green Bay.
    We should have gained a game yesterday when the Bears lost.

I agree, it is too soon to be looking at the draft.
    Lets hope the coaching staff can get a game plan that will be successfull against Green Bay.

Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

The Vikes need to do something.
    The way I see it we are stuck in two quandries.

QB: We have nothing.
    BJ is circling the drain and Bollinger as the backup and an unprepared TJ.

O-play calling:
    A rookie HC in Childress and an unprepared OC in Bevell.
    Give Bevell the reigns and see what happens, can't get worse.

The WRs are a third, making the pooch kick is a viable option in every 3rd and long.
    Pathetic.
    Bring in Cris Carter at whatever the cost and coach these bastards, starting at the pee-wee level and work their way up.

There are other concerns, but the first two are not really reparable this season, hope and pray is all we've got.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"Acumen" wrote:

O-play calling:

The WRs are a third, making the pooch kick is a viable option in every 3rd and long.
    Pathetic.
    Bring in Cris Carter at whatever the cost and coach these bastards, starting at the pee-wee level and work their way up.

There are other concerns, but the first two are not really reparable this season, hope and pray is all we've got.
    Well said.
    Even though I have been a proponent of Tavaris (See my thread "Just a Thought I think this runs deeper than just the QB for instance:

Coaching Staff - How were we not prepared for an on sides kicks.
    Do we only worry about them if we are ahead.
    We weren't prepared.
    WR - How come our guys consistently drop balls. Isn't it our coaching staffs job to fix that?
    Adjustments - Didn't look like we made any offensive adjustments during the game.
    Same old lame 1) run it up the middle, 2) run it up the middle, 3) short dump off to the RB/TE, 4) Punt.

As I stated before, my 16 year old who is just now showing an interest in the Vikings can call just about every play before it happens.

Lets hope our staff can grow from this
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

CCthebest is offline Hall of Famer

Alot are saying TJack isnt ready. How do you know hes not ready? Because Childress hasnt played him yet? Childress, unfortunaetly has the final say, but that doesnt mean TJack isnt ready. Was Young ready? Bush? Lienart?

Also, how would TJack be worse? I doubt he would have as many turnovers as BJ does. And Id be willing to bet he could throw more TDs. Or at least A TD. And maybe even run for a first down or TD.

Maybe the receivers would see if a QB is replaced, they might be next. Maybe TWill would see Jason Carter coming in. Who knows.

And CC as receiver coach would be awesome. And beveil calling the plays would at least free up some of Childress's time.

davike is offline Team Alumni

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "Acumen" wrote:

O-play calling:

Pathetic.

Well said.
    Even though I have been a proponent of Tavaris (See my thread "Just a Thought I think this runs deeper than just the QB for instance:

Coaching Staff - How were we not prepared for an on sides kicks.
    Do we only worry about them if we are ahead.
    We weren't prepared.
    WR - How come our guys consistently drop balls. Isn't it our coaching staffs job to fix that?
    Adjustments - Didn't look like we made any offensive adjustments during the game.
    Same old lame 1) run it up the middle, 2) run it up the middle, 3) short dump off to the RB/TE, 4) Punt.

As I stated before, my 16 year old who is just now showing an interest in the Vikings can call just about every play before it happens.

Lets hope our staff can grow from this
    excellent post...we are making to many rookie mistakes....but hey honestly if we finish 9-7 or even 8-8 i wouldn't consider this season to be a failure. not many rookie headcoaches can bring in a whole new coaching staff alot of new starters and then have a winning season in his first season. i don't think that BJ should take all the blame though, he has made mistakes, but he has been one of the most consistent players this year on the offense. he hasn't been flashy but he has made almost no mistakes, except the past couple weeks

Thanks Josdin00 for the sig!

grpape is offline Asst. Coach

I like the idea of getting CC over here to coach the receivers. It is the first year of this whole staff (learning curve has its bumps).

The one thing that Moss had that Johnson doesn't is the speed. The one thing that Johnson has that Moss never did was good character. When ESPN does there "did you know about the player" sideline babbles, it was mentioned that Johnson went over seas to build houses for families that needed them in a third world country. He is going back later this year, after the season, to check out his work and how the families are doing. Now that is a class act.

It would be nice to draft this guy. Anyting is possible with the way this season could go. He reminds me of a TO or Irvin type of receiver, without the ego.

davike is offline Team Alumni

"CCthebest" wrote:
    Alot are saying TJack isnt ready. How do you know hes not ready? Because Childress hasnt played him yet? Childress, unfortunaetly has the final say, but that doesnt mean TJack isnt ready. Was Young ready? Bush? Lienart?

Also, how would TJack be worse? I doubt he would have as many turnovers as BJ does. And Id be willing to bet he could throw more TDs. Or at least A TD. And maybe even run for a first down or TD.

Maybe the receivers would see if a QB is replaced, they might be next. Maybe TWill would see Jason Carter coming in. Who knows.

And CC as receiver coach would be awesome. And beveil calling the plays would at least free up some of Childress's time.
    i am a tavaris jackson fan, but i don't agree with starting QBs their rookie year. they will make rookie mistakes that will bring down the whole team. there is some exceptions, but not many. and lienhart and young, they are playing well for rookies but you can deffinetly see they are rookies. hey if BC decides to start jackson, then i wouldn't mind, just to see how he does, and if he does well then have him start, but i doubt he would do better then brad. and i wouldn't mind seeing carter come in at all, or having bevel try at playcalling and having cc come in as WR coach

Thanks Josdin00 for the sig!

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    I agree that we need to do something at QB... but we don't exactly have a lot of options.
    TJ is not ready.
    I have said it a hundred times and I will say it again.
    We will do more harm than good to him as a young QB if we put him in now.

That leaves us with BJ or Brooks.
    Kinda like trying to pick the least smelly turd.
    BJ has been outstanding for a long, long time.
    But after two games with multiple INTs, and only scoring 3 points against the worst defense in the league, he is starting to lose my support.
    Another loss to one of the "easy" teams and we won't mke the playoffs.

At this point I also worry about what will happen if we do get to the playoffs.
    I don't want a first round butt-kicking, and if we can't figure out a way to get points on the board, that's exactly what will happen.

How can you say putting in TJ will do more harm then good? He is not going to learn a dam thing behind BJ, and Brooks Bollinger.. Behind BJ he will learn how to throw no more then 25 yards, and how to fumble the ball against a crappy defense.. Behind Brooks, the only thing he will learn is how to stay in the pocket and get sacked 3 straight times..

There have been plenty of rookies that have come into starting roles and have been just fine.. TJ is a very talented player.. I am sure that if he is given the opportunity, that he won't just fold, he will make the best of it.. Besides, we need to do something.. That pathetic idiot we call a QB, along with those helpless idiots that we call WR's are not going to get us anything but a good draft pick..

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"VikesfaninWis" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    I agree that we need to do something at QB... but we don't exactly have a lot of options.
    TJ is not ready.
    I have said it a hundred times and I will say it again.
    We will do more harm than good to him as a young QB if we put him in now.

That leaves us with BJ or Brooks.
    Kinda like trying to pick the least smelly turd.
    BJ has been outstanding for a long, long time.
    But after two games with multiple INTs, and only scoring 3 points against the worst defense in the league, he is starting to lose my support.
    Another loss to one of the "easy" teams and we won't mke the playoffs.

At this point I also worry about what will happen if we do get to the playoffs.
    I don't want a first round butt-kicking, and if we can't figure out a way to get points on the board, that's exactly what will happen.

How can you say putting in TJ will do more harm then good? He is not going to learn a dam thing behind BJ, and Brooks Bollinger.. Behind BJ he will learn how to throw no more then 25 yards, and how to fumble the ball against a crappy defense.. Behind Brooks, the only thing he will learn is how to stay in the pocket and get sacked 3 straight times..

There have been plenty of rookies that have come into starting roles and have been just fine.. TJ is a very talented player.. I am sure that if he is given the opportunity, that he won't just fold, he will make the best of it.. Besides, we need to do something.. That pathetic idiot we call a QB, along with those helpless idiots that we call WR's are not going to get us anything but a good draft pick..
    Put down the pipe.
    TJ has much to learn and BJ has been a game manager his whole career, he has a ring to prove it.
    He has never been anything more than an interim QB this year and he is not the only problem on the O.
    TJ may see time at some point this season and if the coaching staff will make the decision and if he goes in I'll be behind him 100%.
    Like Caine mentioned you could put Tom Brady in this O and he would falter, the WRs need to catch something for this to work.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

People are afraid of T-Jack making rookie mistakes.. Well im not sure but from what i've seen Brad Johnson is making rookie mistakes!

T-Jack is a duo threat QB and would open things up a bit..

Brooks I would like to see get a shot.. He looked good coming cold off the bench against a steller D.. He did get sacked 3 times yes.. But he wasn't into the swing of the game.. Next drive he drove us right down the field but made a bad mistake..

But he obviously has something Brad doesn't.. SKILL

Throw in one of the back ups.. See what they can do..

One Love

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast