Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Future

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

Re: The Future

"cajunvike" wrote:
    This guy will NOT still be on the board when we pick!
    But I guess you can dream.
    Exactly. Getting Calvin Johnson is a pipe dream.

OnlyVikes is offline Rookie

I do think that Tarvaris should get the start. Why?

In BJ you have a QB that opposing defenses KNOW doesn't move very well, sits in the pocket, and is slow to make decisions or makes them a hair too late.

If we start Tarvaris it gives us that added threat that Daunte had(of running that is, please forget the bad memories haha :'(). The way defenses are playing us now, linebackers don't even NEED to keep an eye out for the QB running, just dumping it off. With Tarvaris starting I do think that it would give us that added dimension that we are obviously missing.

NOTE:I'm not saying he'll be like Michael Vick(and don't want him to be) but anything is better than a
    Bledsoe-esque QB sitting back there :.

Just my .02

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

It DID work for Dallass...of course, Romo HAS had a few years to absorb the system!

That being said, I highly doubt that Childress will do it....we will just have to wait for next season and hope that TJack soaks enough of it in to surpass Brad...otherwise BJ is our QB for another season...like it or not.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

"Ltrey33" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    This guy will NOT still be on the board when we pick!
    But I guess you can dream.
    Exactly. Getting Calvin Johnson is a pipe dream.
    A CRACK pipe dream!
    8)

MY pick at WR two drafts from now:
    Early Doucet of LSU...he already looks good in Purple and Gold, he scored the game winner with :07 left on the clock against Tennessee on Saturday...and he's from my home town! ;D

marcosMN is offline Star Spokesman

I really think you guys are aiming your criticism at the wrong Brad...

How come B.J. gets all the blame, when the one calling the shots is B.C.?

All you T-Jackers... Maybe instead of ditching B-rad for T-Jax, we should ditch B.C. and let Tomlin take this team over...

EDIT: I don't really think we should fire B.C., I was just making a point.
    -Sno

davike is offline Team Alumni

"OnlyVikes" wrote:
    I do think that Tarvaris should get the start. Why?

In BJ you have a QB that opposing defenses KNOW doesn't move very well, sits in the pocket, and is slow to make decisions or makes them a hair too late.

If we start Tarvaris it gives us that added threat that Daunte had(of running that is, please forget the bad memories haha :'(). The way defenses are playing us now, linebackers don't even NEED to keep an eye out for the QB running, just dumping it off. With Tarvaris starting I do think that it would give us that added dimension that we are obviously missing.

NOTE:I'm not saying he'll be like Michael Vick(and don't want him to be) but anything is better than a
    Bledsoe-esque QB sitting back there :.

Just my .02
    well first of all...like nodak said, it wouldn't be tavaris that would be playing if BJ was benched, it would be bollinger. and also BJ is one of the best if not the best decision makers playing QB today, but everyone makes mistakes, even the ppl that seem invincible like peyton manning. speaking of peyton manning....i wouldn't say that the LBs have to worry about him running much either, but he is only the best QB in the nfl leading the only undefeated team in the nfl right now, im not comparing BJ to peyton. but im saying that a team doesn't need a scrambling QB to be successful. the problem with us now is not BJ its our WR catching balls and penalties and few other things. im not saying that its not at all BJs fault, but alot of ppl are putting way to much blame on BJ. there is other QBs in the league that are very successful leading successfull teams that are not scramblers. down to the point. A SCRAMBLING QB IS ONLY A BONUS, IT IS NOT THE KEY TO WINNING GAMES.
    yes it does keep the defenses on their toes but you don't build a offense around the running of your QB, unless you have vick.

Thanks Josdin00 for the sig!

bobbybryant101 is offline Waterboy

The future is now. It's safe to say we're going nowhere with Brad, I respect the guy but with zero td's in the past 8-10 qtrs he must sit, case closed. What's the alternative? The last I looked there were two guys on the bench, Bollinger & Jackson.
    I keep hearing Tarvaris isn't ready, the comment defies logic, we won't know until he takes a few snaps, could be he lights it up, in the least it's worth a shot. Bollinger? His mop up role vs. The Patriots is no measure, he needs a weeks worth of reps, then a chance. All I'm saying is this offense, with Brad and Troy playing miserably, is going nowhere fast. It's ignorant not to at least give another guy a shot. I'm a big Childress fan, I just wish he weren't so damn stubborn.

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

The cumulative years of coaching experience of our coaching staff is greater than the number of years most of you have been alive.
    It Tarvaris Jackson was ready he would be playing.
    It you can't handle that reality then stick to the video games.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

tb04512 is offline Team Alumni

"Acumen" wrote:
    The cumulative years of coaching experience of our coaching staff is greater than the number of years most of you have been alive.
    It Tarvaris Jackson was ready he would be playing.
    It you can't handle that reality then stick to the video games.
    but at least in the video game we win... hahaha, maybe he is still nursing the injury but i think this offense really needs a mobile qb

Thanks josdin00

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast