Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Future

vikings11_27 is offline Pro-Bowler

The Future

Put in tarvaris jackson and see if we have a QB of the future. And then draft this guy. I know its early, but Brad Johnson sucks

CALVIN JOHNSON
    Position: WR Number: 21
    School: Georgia Tech Height: 6'4

This is a player at the wide receiver position that has all the dominating skills to truly make him a game breaker and impact player
    He is an imposing sized specimen on the field to opposing defenders, and his presence on the field is noticed quickly
    His size, speed, quickness, strength and leaping ability is a combination you rarely see in one player on any level, who posses excellent body control while in the air and one who positions himself well like a basketball player by blocking out his opponent for the reception
    When going up for a reception he attacks the ball at it's highest point so only he can come down with it, and with his combination of size and strength few defenders can stop him for a catch
    He has a soft pair of hands and has the trait of catching balls away from his body with his hands that most of your top flight receivers tend to do, and he has excellent concentration and adjustment to the ball as it is in the air
    He also has the top end speed to take it the distance as well, and to top it all off he has the intensity and will to win to be a top flight blocker as well from the plays I could see
    The one thing I notice he may need to work on is that he is only a sophomore, and only lack inexperience which may save a defensive back or two!

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Re: The Future

This guy will NOT still be on the board when we pick!
    But I guess you can dream.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

MississippiViking is offline Training Camp

For the first time I agree to put in Another quarterback.
    Tarvaris or Brook.
    This offense has not scored hardly at all.
    We have 130 points this year and I believe 35 of those came on Defense and special teams.
    That is under 12 points a game.
    What a waste of a good defense!!
    I also think T Will needs to be benched for a game or two.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

I agree that we need to do something at QB... but we don't exactly have a lot of options.
    TJ is not ready.
    I have said it a hundred times and I will say it again.
    We will do more harm than good to him as a young QB if we put him in now.

That leaves us with BJ or Brooks.
    Kinda like trying to pick the least smelly turd.
    BJ has been outstanding for a long, long time.
    But after two games with multiple INTs, and only scoring 3 points against the worst defense in the league, he is starting to lose my support.
    Another loss to one of the "easy" teams and we won't mke the playoffs.

At this point I also worry about what will happen if we do get to the playoffs.
    I don't want a first round butt-kicking, and if we can't figure out a way to get points on the board, that's exactly what will happen.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

We'd have to get top 10, maybe even top 5.Which ISNT impossible after yesterday, but I think he'll be gone rather quickly.Its like Randy Moss being able to be drafted again, how many teams would pass on him now adays?

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

davike is offline Team Alumni

"MississippiViking" wrote:
    For the first time I agree to put in Another quarterback.
    Tarvaris or Brook.
    This offense has not scored hardly at all.
    We have 130 points this year and I believe 35 of those came on Defense and special teams.
    That is under 12 points a game.
    What a waste of a good defense!!
    I also think T Will needs to be benched for a game or two.
    umm what for....so bollinger can prove why he has been a back up all his career? i haven't been impressed with BJs preformance the past couple weeks, but he is our best option. tavaris is simply not ready to start. i don't want to hear about the whole BJ doesn't go deep thing, if you watch him closely, alot of plays he does want to go deep. in his place would you go deep....first of all most of the times he does go deep his receivers drop the perfectly thrown ball(the bethel johnson throw wasn't perfect but bethel should have caught it) and second after last week he was desperate not to make any mistakes, and i really can't blame him. another 2 pick game for him and he may have seen the bench....and that would not be good for the team. yeah BJ has made mistakes amnd there might be a QB
    that could be better for this team...but he is our best possibility for winning right now. you want a better offense....get our WR to stop dropping balls and also take away some key penalties and we would be 5-3 right now, despite the drops.

Thanks Josdin00 for the sig!

Blog Entries

I think it is too early to start talking about the draft and who we should be aiming to get. I really don't think we will be in the top 10 anyway, and there is no way we will be a top 5.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

JDogg926 is offline Star Spokesman

The only way I can say we should put another QB is if this week goes similar to the last 2.
    I think it's possible that a lot of guys were overconfident and looking forward to Green Bay this week.
    Just kind of taking a win against San Fran for granted.
    If we don't beat Green Bay this week, and hopefully at least have our offense score a TD or two, then I'd say what the hell, maybe a change at QB will do something.
    I still think Brad is our best option, but maybe TJ's youthfulness would bring some sort of spark to our offense.
    Hopefully, though, Brad gets back on track this week, throws for 250 yards and two TD's and doesn't turn the ball over, as we coast to a 27 - 10 victory over the Fudgepackers.
    542cbf305f333b0554e8ffa937f852d6

PAvikesfan is offline Star Spokesman

8 out 10 top picks are a huge bust inb the draft...
    i don't care about the draft right now.
    our offense is stale and it is not BJ's fault (some of the INT's obviously are his fault but...).
    the offense starts with the coaching the stradegy.
    our stradegy works as long as we keep converting for first downs...
    howver, the way it is set up with mini dump passes on third downs when you need 8-12 yards, we are fighting losing not fighting winning.

Blog Entries

"JDogg926" wrote:
    The only way I can say we should put another QB is if this week goes similar to the last 2.
    I think it's possible that a lot of guys were overconfident and looking forward to Green Bay this week.
    Just kind of taking a win against San Fran for granted.
    If we don't beat Green Bay this week, and hopefully at least have our offense score a TD or two, then I'd say what the hell, maybe a change at QB will do something.
    I still think Brad is our best option, but maybe TJ's youthfulness would bring some sort of spark to our offense.
    Hopefully, though, Brad gets back on track this week, throws for 250 yards and two TD's and doesn't turn the ball over, as we coast to a 27 - 10 victory over the Fudgepackers.
    But that is the problem.
    TJ's youthfulness won't even come into play because he wouldn't be the one replacing BJ.
    Nor should he be (see above post).
    If we bench Brad, than Brooks will be
    starting.

I agree that BJ should be the started against Green Bay.
    But he's on his last strike...
    He has only thrown two TDs in the past 16 quarters...
    Zeus wrote:

=Z=

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast