Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Funniest moments in Vikings History

You know what - there is a thread with the worst moments in Vikings history - thought it might be kind of fun to relive some of the funniest quotes over the years.

Here is my start and it's a good one. Jerry Burns' meltdown while he was trying to defend offensive coordinator Bob Schnelker.
    It's much funnier on the audio, which you can pick up on 93x or other internet sites:

“It was one hell of a game. I mean, s***, for 23 bucks if you can get more excitement than that, hell, you’re in the wrong operation. Let me say something. As long as I’m in this f****** job, Schnelker will be the offensive coach. There’ll be no f****** question about that. I don’t like to name names after a f****** … after a f****** game, but we can’t be responsible for the blocking, we can’t be responsible for the f******* guys jumping offside, we can’t be responsible for f****** … We get down there, and it was a dumb play by Anderson. I love Anderson, but it was a dumb play when his shoe came off, hollerin’ up the line to take a timeout. We had a trap play called, and his f****** shoe comes off! That ain’t Bob Schnelker’s fault! We had another trap play called and Fenney picks up his f******* feet and he walks in. We’ve got the f******* pass to A.C. out there in the flat, and the ball’s thrown low. That ain’t Bob Schnelker’s fault!”
    Then they put his f****** picture up on the jumbotron and the f****** fans boo him!!!

I am sure there are lots more.....let's hear them....
    "SHOOT EM JIMMY!!"

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Funniest moments in Vikings History

Our new cracked out Hulk Hogan mascot swinging down in the opener.

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

A few funny things in recent memory.

- Randy mooning the fans at Green Bay

- When Tice told everyone at the weekly press conference a few years ago, that we would hand the ball off to Moe Willims in Goalline situations in the upcoming game

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

Keith Millard -- "My arms are bigger than your guns!!!!"
    "SHOOT EM JIMMY!!"

purplepowered is offline Pro-Bowler

When we have the opportunity to get our Rookie of the year the possible title for rushing and we barely use him the last game, not very funny but kinda typical of Vikings history
    I am THE #1 Sidney Rice #18 Fan ever! Don't Be surprised when this kid IS a superstar! He is humble, smart, tough, talented and has alot of character! Takes alot of pride in his work, team, fans and life. Watch out for this kid! I think he is awesome! Everytime he touches the ball its MAGIC!

Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

Pull a Randy Moss
    [youtube=425,350]7y-v2YLSzAM&feature=related[/youtube]

I never saw this but funny as hell
    [youtube=425,350]ow-Et4_HW2Q[/youtube]

Reporter: "Write the check yet, Randy?"

Moss: "When you're rich you don't write checks."

Reporter: "If you don't write checks, how do you pay these guys?"

Moss: "Straight cash, homey."

Reporter: "Randy, are you upset about the fine?"

Moss: "No, cause it ain't [expletive]. Ain't nothing but 10 grand. What's 10 grand to me? Ain't [expletive] … Next time I might shake my [expletive]."

Funny stuff.

You can't have a funniest moments in Vikings history without a few quotes from Denny Green.

My hand is on the plow and the best thing when your hand is on the plow is to look forward,"

"Well he's a ball player. Good football players make football plays. He's a good football player. We were hoping he was a good football player, and it looks like he is. Football players that are good football players make plays."

And "when he plays like he could play, he makes all the plays he should make when he plays the way he can play".

I think they play well at home. They always play pretty well at home. I think that's obvious. And they were at home.

My job as the head coach is to teach reality. We need to rise up change our altitude. That's right altitude. I did not say attitude. Our attitude is great. When an airplane is experiencing turbulence at twenty five thousand feet, they seek a change to go up to thirty two thousand feet, where the things are smoother. Now we must buckle up our seat belts real tight, because it will be even more rugged getting up to that altitude that we want. However, when we get there, we will be stronger because of the struggle.

"SHOOT EM JIMMY!!"

enlvikeman is offline Hall of Famer

Morten anderson when signed by the Vikes...."I did not have sex with that women".
    Hilarious interview.

"24 mil under the cap? there are teams 30 mil over the cap, heck that gives us at least 50 mil to spend"

CollegeGuyJeff circa 2006

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

"marstc09" wrote:
    Our new cracked out Hulk Hogan mascot swinging down in the opener.
    lol haha yah that is pretty funny, especially the first time i saw it
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Wrong way Jim Marshall.

Or.......

This
    2003 draft, when the Vikings, with the 7th overall pick, were late with their selection. The Jacksonville Jaguars drafted quarterback Byron Leftwich and the Carolina Panthers drafted offensive tackle Jordan Gross before the Vikings were able to submit their selection of defensive tackle Kevin Williams
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast