Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: THE FUMBLE!

Jer
    Jer is offline Rookie

THE FUMBLE!

We don't get screwed on 4th and one we scored a touchdown up by 21 at that point we never ever get to the fumble. Now I would understand the fumble argument had the blown 4th and one call not been made. If the 4th and one call is made correctly we don't see that situation.

Another thing-You guys having Moss doesn't automatically give you the win next time. Our defense couldn't stop you guys a lick w/ or w/o Moss in the lineup. The part where it got bad for you was the fact that you couldn't stop Favre and company.

We won yesterday and thats all there is to it. I won't come here and laugh at you guys because I'm just not like that. I've been on the losing end before and I know what its like.

I think we can all agree that Nate Burleson will be in a Viking uniform next year.

Erock is offline Waterboy

THE FUMBLE!

I posted this on another topic.
    Posted: Today at 7:55 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I could be way off base here, but this is my understanding of the call.
    It wasn't ruled a fumble, it was ruled a touchdown. The refs got together and confirmed that the ball crossed the goal line before he fumbled there fore it is a dead play and unreviewable to see if minnesota recovered the footbal, just the same as if he was ruled down by contact. However if they would have called it a fumble then whoever comes out of the pile with it has either a touchdown or a touchback. Thats why when Tice threw the red flag the ref told him he could not review the see if it was a fumble just to see if he crossed the goal line. Thats when he decided not to review it.
    If it would have went the way some of you had described, that the ref would have said that the play was unreviewable, witch is not what he said, he said that "minnesota has decided not to review the play. Witch be the way we should have done anyway to show that it was not a touchdown. We wouldn't have gotten the ball, but it would have been 4th and 1 for the Packers.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

THE FUMBLE!

Welcome to the board, Erock!!! I think that Tice should have challenged...God knows he has wasted timeouts before...it couldn't have been worse to waste one there!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

vwo32 is offline Training Camp

THE FUMBLE!

The refs did indeed rule the play a fumble. However, they said the Packers recovered it in the endzone and therefore a touchdown. The fact that we came out of the pile with the ball did not mean anything. As you can tell after Sunday, it doesn't mean anything to recover a fumble. We recovered two fumbles and didn't get the ball for either one of them. The refs just decided who they rather have the ball, and when you are at GB thats who they choose. It was a creative screw job by the refs. They knew that if they said it wasn't a fumble we could easily challenge that and show that they were lying. However, if they admitted that it was a fumble and said the Packers recovered it (even though they didn't) then we wouldn't have anything to challenge, our hands were tied. It was like when the Packer receiver caught the ball 4 yards out of bounds and they said he would have came down in bounds if he wasn't pushed. They knew that was bullshit but they also knew that we wouldn't be able to challenge that, we tried anyway. At least I didn't see Favre throw any TD's with no time on the play clock like Manning did. I guess we have that to be thankful for. I can't wait to get another apology from the league this week, that will make up for it.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

THE FUMBLE!

Welcome to the board, vwo32! The league definitely needs to look into this...unless they are in on the conspiracy...and it definitely is a conspiracy...LOL!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

mxpx003 is offline Waterboy

THE FUMBLE!

For anyone that missed it, you can see a clip of the fumble at http://www.packerssuck.com. It is obvious that Derek Ross has the ball.

Somebody has probably already said this in this thread, but this game brought back memories of a couple of years ago, where the refs admitted to missing 7 calls (even though there were undoubtedly more), one being an interception by Jack Brewer on the Packers' final drive that would've most likely given us the win.

Many factors contributed to the Vikings loss. There were a lot of things that we could've done a whole lot better (our defense, time managment, etc.) There was even some after The Call. (Brian Russell gift wraps an interception for the other Brian and he can't come up with it.)

That being said, this missed call was the one factor that completely changed the game. It is obvious that the Vikings had the momentum with their sweet comeback, and to have it taken away in that fashion... That is a huge blow to a team. The right call would have put us in the position to win, or at the very least, force overtime. You can blame it on our defense, or on our coach, or on the absence of Mr. Moss. However, none of those things matter when you consider that we put ourselves in the position to win, despite these things, and had that taken away from us by a poor call.
    I aint seen nothin like that nowhere I never lived.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

THE FUMBLE!

Man I have to see this game on tape! Seeing the game live you miss so much stuff!!!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456