Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: THE FUMBLE!

SacredStar is offline Rookie

THE FUMBLE!

"NeoVikesTX" wrote:
    Plain and simple, a blown call by the refs. You guys would be pissed too if it was the other way around.
    Yeah....I agree. Viking fans have a right to be mad as Packer fans would be if the shoe were on the other foot.
    [img:2dca9ca3d7]http://www.boomspeed.com/insano/ss.jpg[/img:2dca9ca3d7]

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

THE FUMBLE!

Amen Neo you just said in Brotha!

GBMiah is offline Rookie

THE FUMBLE!

"NeoVikesTX" wrote:
    The title of this thread is FUMBLE! Not, Packer fans whine about a first half 4th and 1 spot.

You are taking a risk going for it on 4th and 1. You guys could of easily kicked a field goal and been up by 17 points.

Now there's a big difference between that and a fumble with less than 2 minutes remaining and the refs blow the call and give the game away.

There is a logical, legal reason why the Packers did not get that call, momentum had been stopped.

There is NO logical, legal reason why the Packers fumble the ball, a Vikings player is first to recover, and a Vikings player has the ball after the pile is dismantled, yet still the Packers get the ball.

Plain and simple, a blown call by the refs. You guys would be pissed too if it was the other way around.
    Well then why did you continue blabbing about all the "momentun was stopped" horsecrap?

And apparently your just stubbornly ignoring my explantion of the RULE of momentum and the meaning of the whistle.
    And there is a perfectly logical reason for the late fumble, which I've already explained. Refs cant see the replay angle that you see on the TV, they dont see that Ross had the ball. All they saw was that when the pile was sufficiently clear someone in a green and gold jersey had the ball. After the ref see's it and calls it for green bay, a desperate and disgruntled Viking smacks it away and is then seen with the ball in view of the camera's. Why is that so hard to accept? Because it came out against you, thats why. And yes, if it were a GB player that clearly recovered it but didnt come up with it in the end, I would be incensed. I will definitely agree with you there. But alas... It wasnt, it was the other way around. So that entire argument is rendered moot.

In situations like this, any good coach will say.. "we never should have put ourselves in a situation where we had to rely on the correct call from an official to decide the game" And that DEFINITELY applies here.
    Inhale it. Savor it. Drink with your eyes and taste with every fiber of your flesh, revelations come through experience.

LosAngelis is offline Team Alumni

THE FUMBLE!

I got into this argument after the Redskin game. This would probably be contstrued as a bad officiating day.

The big gripe in the Redskin/Packer game was the illegal motion call on the WR. My counterpoint was that they HAD been calling those ticky tacky calls ALL GAME, so when Thrash stopped, they called it. They called it consistently.

This game, the refs sucked. They couldn't make a call. I don't know how they do it, but usually refs have it right, and if they don't, the replay system fixes it. There were calls all night that were not called.

I saw the physical contact by the Packer DBs. There were a couple that were blatant, but a lot of the others I see every game (the jersey grab on a cut, the hand on the backside).

Obviously, the Vikings have a case to present to the NFL on the inconsistencies of the "point of emphasis" rule.

However, the Packer DBs saw the refs were consistently letting things go, so they continued to do it. The midget CB pushed it as far as it would go (wrestling the WR off the field of play), so they knew what would get called.

Personally, if the situation was reversed, I would have spent less time whining about the missed calls and been going back to the sideline and telling my DBs what the refs were allowing today. Then, go out and rape the Green Bay WRs.

It's not good when the refs call the games too loose. It's much, much worse when they call the game inconsistently.

I didn't disagree with many of the calls, but I will admit the fumble call confused me. I don't know if I ever saw a really clear replay that showed who got the ball. But, I'd be ticked, because that one call basically decided who would get the ball for the FG.

GBMiah said it pretty well, though. If the Packers would have quit inexplicably trying to rush 8 guys in the fourth quarter and just contained Daunte and played good coverage, that play would have never happened to decide the game. Conversely, if the Vikes would have been playing up to their ability all game, you probably would have never been behind.

In short, though, Packers have the win, they are tied for the lead with you, and have the tougher schedule, and you have a chance for revenge on Christmas. Frankly, nothing is decided, and you will have Moss back in two weeks.

Game on.
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

Welcome to the NFC North.

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

THE FUMBLE!

Very good points Los. I will concede that on the 4th and 1 play he clearly "looked" like he got it, but the replay did not show any evidence where the BALL was, and thus not enough evidence to overcome (according to their retarded replay rules).
    On the replay of the fumble it was pretty damn clear that ross recovered, or at the very least I NEVER saw any Packer come anything close to recovering it.

Hell we were the first one in and the last one out with the ball, gimme a break, look at the replay refs.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

THE FUMBLE!

You know i dont know what the hell they are gonna have to do, maybe they should put i ref every five yards on the sideline, cause there not handling it right now. Like Italian said is was pretty clear the vikes had the ball before the pile up, thats when the call should have been made. They didnt make the call therefor they f*cked up. Just cause the vikes get that ball doesnt mean they would win but it does mean they should have had a chance to win and the packers should not have had a chance to win in the last 1:20. The vikings on the 50 the way they were playing Offense i'd say they had a hell of a chance.

LosAngelis is offline Team Alumni

THE FUMBLE!

[/url]
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

Welcome to the NFC North.

Toss2Moss84 is offline Starter

THE FUMBLE!

"LosAngelis" wrote:
    [/url]
    The scrum was in front of the Packers' sideline, but Green Bay coach Mike Sherman didn't exactly express confidence in the call.

"I'll have to look at the tape to see who got it. Ben Steele was credited with it," Sherman said. "I'm just proud of the effort we showed today, even at the end when we did fight to get the ball."

Ross said he was robbed by referee Ron Winter, plain and simple.

"Clearly, I had the ball. Yeah, we had the ball," Ross said. "I don't think the referee did a good job of getting everybody off the pile to see clearly I had the ball."

Ross said a 300-pound lineman -- who was actually the 250-pound Steele -- pried one of his arms back and he was helpless to do anything about it: "I'm on the bottom of the pile for two minutes, eventually he's going to win that one."

THE FUMBLE!

LOS dont disapoint me, is that the best you can come up with, our backup safety that fail down. That just isn't gonna cut it around here.

THE FUMBLE!

Intristing that i didnt see your text the first time i looked at your post, i thought you were taking a shot at the vikings.

MY BAD

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast