Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: THE FUMBLE!

so-cal vike is offline Team Alumni

THE FUMBLE!

"vikingstw" wrote:
    "so-cal vike" wrote:
    That play clearly showed the bias by the refs. Although it was pretty clear by the lack of pass interference call on the hack. Still, the defense has to take most of the blame since they looked like couldn't tackle my grandmother.
    Well you say that then the realize what they did the previous two of three drives. EJ came alive they played really good run defense and they get the ball back to the offense. Specail Teams comes up big and makes a play to get us the ball back, what happens the refs rape us and give the ball the packers.
    I'll give the D credit for stepping up late in the game yet, it was late in the game. Just one or two more stops anytime during the game and the outcome would have been different.

GBMiah is offline Rookie

THE FUMBLE!

Officiating was horrendous for sure. I will admit that, on both sides. Our DB's got away with atleast 4 holds/interferences. But we got shafted on the 4th and 1 call with the horrible spot. And yes it did seem that you guys came up with the fumble, however those plays arent reviewable as was stated and they can only go by who had it when the pile cleared. Meaning the refs didnt do anything wrong, it was just bad luck. Same thing with the 4th and 1 spot we got which was clearly way off. If the refs cant see clearly then they have to guess. I thought it was clear enough on the replay that he was clearly past, although you could not see the ball.
    again, bad luck call.
    Inhale it. Savor it. Drink with your eyes and taste with every fiber of your flesh, revelations come through experience.

Toss2Moss84 is offline Starter

THE FUMBLE!

"GBMiah" wrote:
    And yes it did seem that you guys came up with the fumble, however those plays arent reviewable as was stated and they can only go by who had it when the pile cleared. Meaning the refs didnt do anything wrong, it was just bad luck.
    again, bad luck call.
    Did you not see Larry Ned run out from the pile with the ball?

so-cal vike is offline Team Alumni

THE FUMBLE!

Ned had the ball in the end. The refs gave the Hack the ball before clearing the pile

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

THE FUMBLE!

Alright GB, i will once more explain the 4th and 1. Once you are stopped and leaning on your teamates for seconds your momentum is stopped and that is where the ball is to be spoted. Thats the way the rule is just like the rule of reviewing for a fumble. Fair and square guess, but not really.

Toss2Moss84 is offline Starter

THE FUMBLE!

Well I think the last person to actually have possession of the ball was the ref. And as we saw and have become grown to see. Ref = Packer.

PAvikesfan is offline Star Spokesman

THE FUMBLE!

Close games are often decided by dimwit refs... a couple bad spots on the ball for both sides, defensive holding by the Packer corners (I MEAN COME ON! MARCUS AND BURLESON WERE GETTING RAPED THROUGHOUT THE GAME__I THOUGHT THE REFS WERE SUPPOSED TO CONCENTRATE ON THAT NO BUMPS AFTER 5 RULE?) and the Fumble during the last kick-off!
    Ross clearly had posession of the fumbl-iyah....
    This loss really hurt.

Ross needs to do more arm curls--that weak mother effer... he should have been willing the bite the fingers off of any packer or vike who came within 1 foot of the ball!

I hate losing like this.

Packerguy is offline Rookie

THE FUMBLE!

"vikingstw" wrote:
    Alright GB, i will once more explain the 4th and 1. Once you are stopped and leaning on your teamates for seconds your momentum is stopped and that is where the ball is to be spoted. Thats the way the rule is just like the rule of reviewing for a fumble. Fair and square guess, but not really.
    WE know the rules but I disagree with his momentum being done. That was a horrible spot that cost the packers big.

U guys can piss and moan all u want about losing because of refs but basically your defense is one of the worst in the league and u guys are not going to do jack unless u stop teams from scoring 30 plus on u all the time.

u guys gave up 5.9 yards per carry today. That sucks.

And yes the packers defense sucks too

GBMiah is offline Rookie

THE FUMBLE!

"vikingstw" wrote:
    To the letter of the law that is correct. But that didnt apply to this situation, because 1) There was no significant reversal of momentum (a second plus stop at best. And actually there was no reversal of momentum at all, just a very brief halting. But obviously not enough to warrant a whistle 2) the whistle wasnt blown therefore the play is still live and he continued his forward motion.

Again, momentum or lack there of doesnt stop a play nor does it determine the spot (except in the case of an obvious stopping and gang tackle backwards) The whistle does. So by your logic If a running back advances 5 yards down field and is then smacked 4 yards back but the whistle doesnt blow and then he regains footing and further advances 10 yards, hes down with only a 1 yard gain?

I see what your saying, there is just more to it than that that applies.
    Inhale it. Savor it. Drink with your eyes and taste with every fiber of your flesh, revelations come through experience.

THE FUMBLE!

The title of this thread is FUMBLE! Not, Packer fans whine about a first half 4th and 1 spot.

You are taking a risk going for it on 4th and 1. You guys could of easily kicked a field goal and been up by 17 points.

Now there's a big difference between that and a fumble with less than 2 minutes remaining and the refs blow the call and give the game away.

There is a logical, legal reason why the Packers did not get that call, momentum had been stopped.

There is NO logical, legal reason why the Packers fumble the ball, a Vikings player is first to recover, and a Vikings player has the ball after the pile is dismantled, yet still the Packers get the ball.

Plain and simple, a blown call by the refs. You guys would be pissed too if it was the other way around.
    Skol!
    Go Vikings!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast