Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: the fumble

poult is offline Asst. Coach

the fumble

i didnt see the play, but what ive read makes it sound like moore just stood there while the giants picked up the ball. did it seem like he didnt know the rules on a backwards pass? should he have been able to beat the giants to the ball if he had known the rules?
    "the only diffrence between suicide and martyrdom is the press coverage"
    Tender Branson

CanuckVike is offline Starter

the fumble

The play, which I think was supposed to be a quick, down the line "forward" pass, went ever so slightly backward. Moore of course dropped it. I think he thought it was a forward pass and that's why he didn't go after it. But, in hindsight, he should of...even if he wasn't quite sure if it was a backward pass. No one else for the Vikings went for it either, they all thought it was a forward pass I guess
    8ed0c24a99f7e44be7931aa4afb7bd88

eelpout72 is offline Starter

the fumble

basically, they were standing around expecting that the refs would blow the whistle. When the refs didnt whistle the play dead that stood there stupidly a bit longer until a giant player picked it up. It was quite pathetic.

I dont know about you guys, but i was immediately screaming at them for them to jump on the ball. Evidently they didnt hear me.

BigEasyViking is offline Coordinator

the fumble

From that point on I just new that we were in trouble today. I just got that feeling, but you can't win them all ya know!
    God Bless America, & the MINNESOTA VIKINGS!!!

Kleinsasser40 is offline Coordinator

the fumble

Yeah, that play set the tone for the whole game
    [img:2264cdc124]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v482/ultravikingfan/vikesklein.jpg[/img:2264cdc124]

King Eth1x is offline Waterboy

the fumble

should he have been able to beat the giants to the ball if he had known the rules? --Poult

wtf man...what kind of player would be in the NFL if he didnt know that a backwards pass is a fumble when dropped?! get a clue and stop trying to act like Moore is stupid.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

the fumble

"King Eth1x" wrote:
    should he have been able to beat the giants to the ball if he had known the rules? --Poult

wtf man...what kind of player would be in the NFL if he didnt know that a backwards pass is a fumble when dropped?! get a clue and stop trying to act like Moore is stupid.
    Could have been a brain fart or a rookie mistake...doesn't mean that Moore is stupid, just that he wasn't thinking...lighten up dude!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

the fumble

"CanuckVike" wrote:
    The play, which I think was supposed to be a quick, down the line "forward" pass, went ever so slightly backward. Moore of course dropped it. I think he thought it was a forward pass and that's why he didn't go after it. But, in hindsight, he should of...even if he wasn't quite sure if it was a backward pass. No one else for the Vikings went for it either, they all thought it was a forward pass I guess
    I think that thing no one has said is that Cully needs to take some blame also. He is suppose to continue backward on the play so it is harder to determine the spot where he threw it from. Also, he needed to lead Moore a little, on more foot. With that said, Moore is a RB who catches balls, CATCH THE BALL and we wouldn't be having this conversation.

Yes, he thought it was a fwd pass and he gave up. There weren't any other vikes in the area that could have got to it faster than Moore. They were all down field and didn't know that it was a FWD pass.

The KEY is NO WHISTLE = KEEP PLAYING.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

the fumble

The arguement for Moore to be in the game this week was he provides consistancy and we don't want to ruin the flow of the game.

Then on the first play, the fumble happens. If the flow was so important, WHY did TICE yank him so fast?

It was only one play. It was bonehead but it was one play.

PhxFan is offline Pro-Bowler

the fumble

Having played football, and watched enough of it...you are taught to always go for the ball...regardless. My guess, just a brainfart

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast