i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Fullback Key to Peterson's Success

Fullback key to Adrian Peterson's success - NFC North Blog - ESPN

Hmm...

who was that Chucklehead telling eveyone the fullback is a dead position, and that we don't need to improve over Tahi. That he was "Just fine"

It's no coincidence that Peterson's two best years (rookie year and now this year) were with fullbacks who seemed to do a pretty good job of what they were asked to do.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Fullback Key to Peterson's Success

Is Marrdro ever right? How many posts did I fight with him on this? Glad to see I was right again.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by i_bleed_purple View Post
    Fullback key to Adrian Peterson's success - NFC North Blog - ESPN

Hmm...

who was that Chucklehead telling eveyone the fullback is a dead position, and that we don't need to improve over Tahi. That he was "Just fine"

It's no coincidence that Peterson's two best years (rookie year and now this year) were with fullbacks who seemed to do a pretty good job of what they were asked to do.
    And despite AD's claim that he'd rather do it alone now, when he had all that success during his rookie year, he accredited his success & was grateful for the fact that Tony Richardson was paving the way.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries
    Frazier: Felton is Viking's unsung hero of 2012

I have to agree that Jerome Felton is awesome. It has been incredibly nice to watch the Vikings with a fullback that actually does a fine job blocking. Combine the new addition at fullback with this year's improved O-line (especially in the run department) and we have the best run offense in the league. Bar none!

Peterson has been running behind a bad o-line and a terrible fullback for most of the years. Not to mention with an almost non-existing passing attack. Now, he has at least 2 out of 3.