Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

Full time refs please

The NFL needs to hire new refs or get a new vison plan.

Chester didn't fumble and he got his head ripped off.

Re: Full time refs please

Exactly what i was saying in the post game thread, what were those guys thinking??

Also they had a lot off little huddles that took a long time to figure out a pass interference call

MetalMike-LoudVike is offline Hall of Famer

that play where Chester lost his helmet bull/ that was a facemask his helmet was taken completely off. oooooh and that fumble returned for a touchdown another really bad call this game was couldnt be told by the score but by horrendous blind officials who need to pull their heads out of a certain orafice but its a win.

MMLV

"I am going to Ref school so I can give the Vikings a fair chance "
    IN THE PITS ON THE RIVER BEDS EVRY VIKING FAN WILL RISE & VAHALLA SHALL REJOICE WITH THE MOST GLORIOUS PRIZE LOMBARDI'S TROPHY

Ayresd is offline Training Camp

You will note though that the Replay Official's name was:

'Dick' Creed.

Obvious really!
    See, Jesus Is Purple..

modena11 is offline Rookie

i'm getting really tired of watching the segment on NFL total access when mike perraria, the head of officiating going over the terrible calls made by the refs.

i wanna hurt someone when they are reviewing a blown call vs the vikes. (ex. vikes-pats, the wiggins call) im preparing for when they go over this terrible call vs chester.

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

For my two pennyworth from where I was sitting Taylor had his knee down before the ball was popped - some people by also felt that he'd broken the plane as well though I'm not so sure on that.
    The facemask/helmet non-call was ridiculous, I sometimes wonder what the refs look at on the replay screen.. re-runs of Sponge Bob no doubt.
    Anyone have a better view on the last Cardinals TD as I didn't think the receiver was over the line but it was at the opposite end of the field to me.
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"AngloVike" wrote:
    For my two pennyworth from where I was sitting Taylor had his knee down before the ball was popped - some people by also felt that he'd broken the plane as well though I'm not so sure on that.
    The facemask/helmet non-call was ridiculous, I sometimes wonder what the refs look at on the replay screen.. re-runs of Sponge Bob no doubt.
    Anyone have a better view on the last Cardinals TD as I didn't think the receiver was over the line but it was at the opposite end of the field to me.
    OTHER than that...did you enjoy the game, Anglo?
    Any tailgate pics?
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

I agree that we need fulltime officials in the games. This season there has been numerous examples of bad calls all over the NFL, and it's just not fair to anyone.

Last night there were so many lengthy referee talks, so you could see that they wanted to get the calls right, but after the dust settled it just looked like they were unsure.

The fumble call on Chester is not the worst I have seen, even if it were wrong. In the heat of the game the linejudge called it as he saw it when it popped out, and that is a judgment that is hard to come down on anyone for, because it is a very dificult call.
    When they went to the replay I think that the ball came out after he went down, but as you could not actually see the ball on the pictures there were no clear evidence strong enough to overturn the call on the field.

As for the other call mentioned, I think it were a really bad call. I guess they tought that the defender tried to rip the ball out. But you shouldn't be able to strip someones helmet off like that. Bad call, dangerous play.

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"cogitans" wrote:
    I agree that we need fulltime officials in the games. This season there has been numerous examples of bad calls all over the NFL, and it's just not fair to anyone.

Last night there were so many lengthy referee talks, so you could see that they wanted to get the calls right, but after the dust settled it just looked like they were unsure.

The fumble call on Chester is not the worst I have seen, even if it were wrong. In the heat of the game the linejudge called it as he saw it when it popped out, and that is a judgment that is hard to come down on anyone for, because it is a very dificult call.
    When they went to the replay I think that the ball came out after he went down, but as you could not actually see the ball on the pictures there were no clear evidence strong enough to overturn the call on the field.

As for the other call mentioned, I think it were a really bad call. I guess they tought that the defender tried to rip the ball out. But you shouldn't be able to strip someones helmet off like that. Bad call, dangerous play.
    I agree with you completely on the first call.
    There was no indisputable evidence on the replays we could see at the dome that chowed Chester down before the ball came out.
    I haven't watched it on TV yet (will do that tonight), but if the refs only saw what we did, then they would have been wrong to overturn it.

As far as the helmet call, he didn't have a hold of the face mask.
    I don't know what the rules are for ripping someone's helmet off (maybe unnecessary roughness), but it wasn't a face mask IMHO.

But all in all, i agree with the overall theme of the thread.
    We need full time refs.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Freya is offline Team Alumni

I didn't think there was enough evidence to support the call that Chester lost the ball before he was down in the first place. This is what annoys me. He's down, blow the whistle. Look at that cute cheerleader during the commercial break not during the play.

I'll bet it was a full 3 seconds before the ball popped out and meanwhile the other players obviously thought the play was over. Bad sloppy form by the refs, imo.

Or..............as someone said earlier, once the ball crosses the plane it's over. TD.

Personally, I don't think there is intelligent life on other planets. Why should other planets be any different from this one?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast