Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 28
  1. #11
    VKG4LFE's Avatar
    VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Hartford, WI
    Posts
    15,991
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mac D View Post
    Underwood went on to play for the Dolphins and Cowboys... so he also found teams who thought he could play, more than Williamson actually.

    But if Williamson 'improving' results in 8 catches for 64 yards and 1 TD... in two years... well, I rest my case.
    Were those really his stats with us????

    I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

  2. #12
    C Mac D's Avatar
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    13,407
    Quote Originally Posted by VKG4LFE View Post
    Were those really his stats with us????
    No, those were his stats with the Jaguars.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

  3. #13
    VKG4LFE's Avatar
    VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Hartford, WI
    Posts
    15,991
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mac D View Post
    No, those were his stats with the Jaguars.

    Oh ok, geez. I guess I am now compelled to look up his stats with us.

    I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

  4. #14
    VKG4LFE's Avatar
    VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Hartford, WI
    Posts
    15,991
    Well, here are his career numbers. Yikes

    Receptions 87
    Receiving yards 1,131
    Receiving touchdowns 4

    I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

  5. #15
    Randy Moss's Avatar
    Randy Moss is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    453
    Darn. Based on the title I thought this was going to be an epic Two Beer Minimum thread.

  6. #16
    Purple Floyd's Avatar
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    16,646
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Randy Moss View Post
    Darn. Based on the title I thought this was going to be an epic Two Beer Minimum thread.
    It still could be............

  7. #17
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,204
    Worst draft choices IMO was the choice to not draft at all...

    1990

    1...... NO CHOICE, traded to Dallas in Herschel Walker trade.

    2...... NO CHOICE, traded to Dallas in Herschel Walker trade.

    1991

    1...... NO CHOICE, traded to Dallas in Herschel Walker trade.

    2...... NO CHOICE, traded to Dallas in Herschel Walker trade.


    1992

    1...... NO CHOICE, to Dallas in Herschel Walker trade.

    2...... NO CHOICE, to Dallas in Herschel Walker trade.

    3...... NO CHOICE, to Dallas in Herschel Walker trade.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  8. #18
    tarkenton10's Avatar
    tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,152
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    Worst draft choices IMO was the choice to not draft at all...

    1990

    1...... NO CHOICE, traded to Dallas in Herschel Walker trade.

    2...... NO CHOICE, traded to Dallas in Herschel Walker trade.

    1991

    1...... NO CHOICE, traded to Dallas in Herschel Walker trade.

    2...... NO CHOICE, traded to Dallas in Herschel Walker trade.


    1992

    1...... NO CHOICE, to Dallas in Herschel Walker trade.

    2...... NO CHOICE, to Dallas in Herschel Walker trade.

    3...... NO CHOICE, to Dallas in Herschel Walker trade.
    I hated that Hersel Walker trade from day 1. He wasn't even a good fit for our sheme. I wanted to trade for Marcus Allen. We would ahve had to trade a third maybe even a second round pick to Al Davis for him. He would have fit our team great, he coudl catch out of the back field and had great vision to find holes. Our team was a finess team on offenseand we needed a back who can read the holes and not blindly run to one. I think we would have had a super bowl with Allen in the backfield and that frustrates the heck out of me still.

    There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

  9. #19
    marshallvike's Avatar
    marshallvike is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Posts
    2,456
    Quote Originally Posted by tarkenton10 View Post
    I hated that Hersel Walker trade from day 1. He wasn't even a good fit for our sheme. I wanted to trade for Marcus Allen. We would ahve had to trade a third maybe even a second round pick to Al Davis for him. He would have fit our team great, he coudl catch out of the back field and had great vision to find holes. Our team was a finess team on offenseand we needed a back who can read the holes and not blindly run to one. I think we would have had a super bowl with Allen in the backfield and that frustrates the heck out of me still.
    I feel your pain tark, but there are a WHOLE LOT of woulda shoulda couldas with the Vikings and Super Bowls. If you've been around that long, you have been through a lot of them.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

  10. #20
    marshallvike's Avatar
    marshallvike is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Posts
    2,456
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mac D View Post
    Underwood went on to play for the Dolphins and Cowboys... so he also found teams who thought he could play, more than Williamson actually.

    But if Williamson 'improving' results in 8 catches for 64 yards and 1 TD... in two years... well, I rest my case.
    I stand corrected. I remember the Dolphins. I don't think he actually played for them though. Maybe preseason then cut. Dallas I had forgotten about. He actually played there. What makes that draft pick even worse was that his college coaches warned NFL scouts that he was very unstable and we took him anyway.

    I see he also got cut by the Ottowa Roughriders before playing a game with them.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •