Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Johnson14 is offline Hall of Famer

Norseman FSN's top 5 Viking bust's

Quiet news day, but killed a couple of minutes

Defensive ends headline Vikings' draft busts

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion
    Yeah those seem about right. Didn't we reach for both underwood and Alexander? If I remember correctly we did so that just magnifies how bad they turned out. What a couple of debacles!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    The speed was there, but Williamson was never able to hold on to the ball when he was open
    Always hard when you can't even get them on the ball in the first place. I remember his lone TD in '07 against the Bears, my wife and I couldn't work out what shocked the Bears most - the fact that Williamson caught the ball or the fact that it was Tarvaris Jackson that threw the pass
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Personally I think Williamson at #7 was a bigger bust than Underwood at #29.

Underwood is considered a bust because he never played, Williams played 3 years for us and was just as productive.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Johnson14 is offline Hall of Famer
    Assuming they all got paid first round money, im sure they are doing just fine out the game.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mac D View Post
    We should have taken Mike Williams like most people here wanted.

Oh wait!

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    We should have taken Mike Williams like most people here wanted.

Oh wait!
    Guilty

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mac D View Post

Underwood is considered a bust because he never played, Williams played 3 years for us and was just as productive.
    Have to disagree C Mac. Underwood was a first rounder that never even made it out of his first training camp.Has that ever even happened before or since? Williamson even found another team who thought he could play. He actually even tried to make an effort to get better.
    Last edited by marshallvike; 04-15-2012 at 12:45 AM.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson14 View Post
    Quiet news day, but killed a couple of minutes

Defensive ends headline Vikings' draft busts
    Good list... Most of those picks were from the Denny Green years... He couldn't draft defense to save his life... Ridiculous offensive drafter though...

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Quote Originally Posted by marshallvike View Post
    Have to disagree C Mac. Underwood was a first rounder that never even made it out of his first training camp.Has that ever even happened before or since? Williamson even found another team who thought he could play. He actually even tried to make an effort to get better.
    Underwood went on to play for the Dolphins and Cowboys... so he also found teams who thought he could play, more than Williamson actually.

But if Williamson 'improving' results in 8 catches for 64 yards and 1 TD... in two years... well, I rest my case.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast