Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    boognish is offline Coordinator

Re: FSN, Vikings strike cable deal

"singersp" wrote:
    "boognish" wrote:
    "FedjeViking" wrote:
    This would be nice if I could get some of it on my Dish Network! Maybe that will be next. Ziggy has to know that there are Viking fans everywhere, not just MN?
    I know that DishNetwork has a sports package that you can subscribe to for around $6 per month that has a bunch of FSN stations; I'm thinking of getting it myself. Problem is, the only have one FSN North and I know there are two FSN stations, one for the WI area and one that covers more MN stuff. I'd hate to sign up and have to listen to stories about Little Lord Favreleroy all the freakin' time.

Anyone know which one comes with the package?
    It all depends on where you are from. Call them up & ask them if you will get it.

Keep in mind this "deal" is for a half-hour show during the Vikings training camp, not for televised games.
    Right, it would be nice to get updates on the Gophers teams and The Wild/T-wolves too. It's all about the Seahawks, Sonics, and Mariners out here, unfortunately :sad: .
    I am a dipshit!!!

Thanks again Zeus, I appreciate the info. It's sounding more and more like getting FSN won't net getting the games themselves. As a sort of last ditch effort, I'm trying to lookback to see what FSN North was broadcasting last year during at the time the Vikings' games were being played; however, I can't see to find a place that has historical TV listings. Anyone know of a way to look back rather than forward? Or how to look forward farther than just a week or two?
    The Betic Always Gets His Shot!

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"Deadly_Diabetic" wrote:
    Thanks again Zeus, I appreciate the info. It's sounding more and more like getting FSN won't net getting the games themselves. As a sort of last ditch effort, I'm trying to lookback to see what FSN North was broadcasting last year during at the time the Vikings' games were being played; however, I can't see to find a place that has historical TV listings. Anyone know of a way to look back rather than forward? Or how to look forward farther than just a week or two?

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

"singersp" wrote:
    That actually made me laugh out loud when I saw it! I almost woke up my wife in the other room which if I had, I TOTALLY would've blamed on you!

Thanks for giggle!

-DD
    The Betic Always Gets His Shot!

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"Deadly_Diabetic" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    That actually made me laugh out loud when I saw it! I almost woke up my wife in the other room which if I had, I TOTALLY would've blamed on you!

Thanks for giggle!

-DD
    You're the one that asked the question! :grin:

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Aaarrgghh!! Does anyone here get the $5.99 sports package for DishNetwork? FSN North has two channels, one for WI and one for MN...I have called DishNetwork twice and of course only get to speak to people from India, so they can't tell me if the one North channel listed gets MN news or WI news. Here's how my conversation went:

Me: With this sports package, does the FSN North channel receive the feed from MN or WI?

Them: Yes sir, you do get FSN north with the package.

Me: ? But is the feed from MN or WI?

Them: FSN Northwest will show you the teams in your region of the country.

Me: I don't care about the Northwest; I get all that through my local channels. Which FSN North will I get?

Them: Yes sir, FSN North is included with the package.

Me:??? Maybe I'll just sign up and cancel it later if FSN North shows all things WI. Is there a fee to cancel?

Them: Yes, it will cost you $5 to cancel the package.

Me: I'll call you back later, after I confer with my Viking brethren at PPO.

So, does anyone get that package and know if the North channel will have MN or WI sports?
    I am a dipshit!!!

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"boognish" wrote:
    Aaarrgghh!! Does anyone here get the $5.99 sports package for DishNetwork? FSN North has two channels, one for WI and one for MN...I have called DishNetwork twice and of course only get to speak to people from India, so they can't tell me if the one North channel listed gets MN news or WI news. Here's how my conversation went:

Me: With this sports package, does the FSN North channel receive the feed from MN or WI?

Me: I don't care about the Northwest; I get all that through my local channels. Which FSN North will I get?

Me:??? Maybe I'll just sign up and cancel it later if FSN North shows all things WI. Is there a fee to cancel?

So, does anyone get that package and know if the North channel will have MN or WI sports?
    Yes, you will get FSN North with your package. :lol:
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "boognish" wrote:

Yes, you will get FSN North with your package. :lol:
    Don't make me come over there :violent1: :wink:
    I am a dipshit!!!

Anybody know if FSN North carries Gophers football games?
    I am a dipshit!!!

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

I am for sure getting the NFL Package on my dish this season.. I am also going to tape every Viking game, so I can watch them all year long..

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast