Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Vikes is offline Team Alumni

Front office moves!!!

Front office move: Mike Kelly will leave the Minnesota Vikings after the season, completing an unsuccessful five-year push for a new stadium.

As executive vice president, Kelly oversaw many areas of the organization -- including those fruitless efforts in the state Legislature to secure funding for a new place to play. Kelly, a lifelong fan of the team who grew up in Edina, said Monday the decision to leave was his.

Though still adamant that the Metrodome generates insufficient revenue, Vikings leadership declared an end to their stadium campaign earlier this season. Lobbyists, including chief stadium consultant Lester Bagley, were told in September their contracts would not be renewed.

Owner Red McCombs has had the team for sale for more than two years, and Kelly said he didn't see many more opportunities to help grow the franchise.

"Right now, I feel like I'm leaving on top," he said.

WE STAY THE COURSE MEN!

The rigors of Spartan life. Leonidas is cast out into the wild, and survives the harsh winter to return to his home, when he is crowned King ....a Viking!

packmanxxxi is offline Asst. Coach

Front office moves!!!

Ouch.... even Packer fans dont want the Vikes to leave, and without a new stadium, they are done... If they fail to make the playoffs again and fans prove that they are mostly fair weather (outside of the die-hard that exist on this board) the Vikings will be yet another team from MN moving to CA.
    3 Straight Division Champs

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Front office moves!!!

Not going anywhere!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

XTAP59 is offline Coordinator

Front office moves!!!

"packmanxxxi" wrote:
    Ouch.... even Packer fans dont want the Vikes to leave, and without a new stadium, they are done... If they fail to make the playoffs again and fans prove that they are mostly fair weather (outside of the die-hard that exist on this board) the Vikings will be yet another team from MN moving to CA.
    Leaving the fair weather fan remark aside,
    The Vikes have a contract with the NFL to play in Minnesota through 2011.
    Red can say all he wants, I don't believe this lease can be broken. If it could, Red would have already moved the team so he could sell it and make millions upon millions.

I believe that in 2006-07, the Vikes and the state of Minnesota will strike a new deal to replace the Metrodome so the Vikings can stay in Minnesota.
    This will give plenty of time for planning and building and fund raising.

LURKING ON THE GRASSY KNOLL
    http://lotgk.wordpress.com

cheesefree is offline Starter

Front office moves!!!

"packmanxxxi" wrote:
    Red can huff and puff and threaten all he wants, he can't move the Vikings to LA (thanks to Rozelle) Besides, the NFL wants the Vikings in MN, but in a new stadium with local owner(s). Red can whine and beg for poor needy billionare welfare all he wants- the Vikings are making a yearly profit (even playing in the Dome) and his investment is also appreciating nicely. I believe a new stadium would be halfway built already if Taylor owned the Vikes.
    [b:6191debc1d]it ain t easy being cheesy[/b:6191debc1d]
    [img:6191debc1d]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid137/p834fa46b07efd9e3efdcb7cb577f214e/f73f7170.jpg[/img:6191debc1d]

snowinapril is online now Jersey Retired

Front office moves!!!

Thought this was interesting. Found this on ESPN today.

The Vikings are seeking a higher cut of the money taken in from concessions stands at the Metrodome.

Vikings president Gary Woods asked the Metropolitan Sports Facilities Commission on Monday for at least $1.2 million yearly in increased concessions revenues.

Woods, who is Vikings' owner Red McCombs' partner, said that an increase in Vikings' food and beverage revenues is "a matter of principle" as the NFL franchise seeks parity with the Twins and Gophers football.

Depending on attendance, the Twins get up to 45 percent of Dome concessions revenues, after expenses. The Gophers take 30 percent. The Vikings, under a deal struck in 1982, get 10 percent of concessions proceeds from their games, as well as control of the luxury suites.

The commission, which owns and operates the Metrodome, gets what the tenants don't. It uses the money for maintenance and to fund the agency's reserves, now at $17.7 million, the Star Tribune reported in its Tuesday editions.

But according to commission forecasts, if the Vikings increase their take from concessions and if regular maintenance occurs, in three years the reserves would be $6 million. Agency officials say that's the minimum amount needed to ensure that the Metrodome will be able to handle problems, such as the cost of a roof repair.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Front office moves!!!

Please Red, sell the team to Glen Taylor!!
    or
    Please Glen, pay Red the money so we can have a great owner!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

enlvikeman is offline Hall of Famer

Front office moves!!!

Please Red fall off a cliff

"24 mil under the cap? there are teams 30 mil over the cap, heck that gives us at least 50 mil to spend"

CollegeGuyJeff circa 2006

snowinapril is online now Jersey Retired

Front office moves!!!

"enlvikeman" wrote:
    Please Red fall off a cliff
    He's old, there is no reason to find a cliff, just put him in the shower.

Foreman44 is offline Starter

Front office moves!!!

Put him in the oven!
    :angryfire:

HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE :rr:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast