Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
    ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

Is the Front Line Starting to Gel????

Hey everyone.
    Unfortunately, I wasn't able to watch the game this weekend because I had reserves.
    Luckily they were on the NFL Network and I was able to watch what they showed.
    I noticed a few things while watching the game.

1)
    For the most part, the offensive line looked really good whether it was on running plays or passing plays.
    2) WR did a great job blocking down the field.
    3) Even though TJack had only 9 completions for 136 yards, I noticed there were 3 dropped passes (Williamson, Rice and Ferguson).
    All 3 could have been for huge yardage.
    That being said, he also rushes some throws and looks as though he shotputs the ball sometimes.
    4)
    AP - Enough said.
    5) Ben Leber - Enough said.
    6)
    Didn't see Robison much or at all.
    I wasn't really looking for him but its something I just realized.

My point to this entire blabber is if the OL begins to gel, TJ seemed more confortable (mostly).
    If that is a sign of things to come, I think TJ will start to blossom.
    what does everyone else think?

davike is offline Team Alumni

Re: Is the Front Line Starting to Gel????

"ejmat" wrote:
    Hey everyone.
    Unfortunately, I wasn't able to watch the game this weekend because I had reserves.
    Luckily they were on the NFL Network and I was able to watch what they showed.
    I noticed a few things while watching the game.

1)
    For the most part, the offensive line looked really good whether it was on running plays or passing plays.
    2) WR did a great job blocking down the field.
    3) Even though TJack had only 9 completions for 136 yards, I noticed there were 3 dropped passes (Williamson, Rice and Ferguson).
    All 3 could have been for huge yardage.
    That being said, he also rushes some throws and looks as though he shotputs the ball sometimes.
    4)
    AP - Enough said.
    5) Ben Leber - Enough said.
    6)
    Didn't see Robison much or at all.
    I wasn't really looking for him but its something I just realized.

My point to this entire blabber is if the OL begins to gel, TJ seemed more confortable (mostly).
    If that is a sign of things to come, I think TJ will start to blossom.
    what does everyone else think?
    Good points EJ.

I like how TJ played this week, he didn't make mistakes. Like you said, he would have had much better stats if his WRs didn't drop some of those balls. I think if he continues to do that, we will be able to win games. He will continue to get better till he reaches the point where he starts making plays and turns into a good QB.

I also noticed that Robison wasn't in there. I am not sure why, but I really hope he starts getting more playing time. When he is in there, you watch him and he is always in the back field. Idk how many times he would have had a sack if the other QB had held onto the ball a second longer. We need to get this guy out there more for sure.

And good point about the WRs, I have been impressed at how our WRs have handled blocking this year.

Thanks Josdin00 for the sig!

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

I noticed that TJ had more savvy presence. He was stepping up in the picked more than I have seen him. The only fault I see yet is he too often doesn't look over the field, only at his primary receiver. I think this is because he is a little guy-shy yet. But back to the question, the OL is doing a better job of giving him some time and that pocket presence will become more and more developed.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

patistheman is offline Starter

The line did look like it was starting to gel.
    They say it takes a little over a year usually for that to happend and we are 5 games into the second year.

I was impressed with how TJ played, he had alot of time and as far as I could tell he made all the right reads.
    I don't remember a pass where I thought why on earth did you throw that.
    He did miss Richardson wide open that would have gone for huge yards or a TD, he also missed TWill deep and if I remember right he missed one other wide opend throw.
    I will take those any day over INTs however.

I remember five drops, two by Rice, two by TWill and one by Fergie.
    Five more completions he should have had.

Robison did play, not as much as some would like, no me for that matter, but when he was in he was a non factor.

Also I thought Udeze had a good game, I remember two times he got to Griese and he wound up on the ground.
    Good to see him getting pressure more consistently.

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

Well, if you ask me, the OL has been starting to gel since week 1. Sure there were some bumps in the road, but I fault Holcomb and the receivers more than most. So, IMO, the OL is not starting to gel. The OL has gelled. They face a much tougher task against a great run D this Sunday.

As far as TJ goes, he gave us everything you could hope for. There is still room for improvement, but if he plays like that every game for the rest of the year, I'll have no complaints. It's the WR who need to get their asses in gear.

I saw Erasmus is probable for this game. Please let him be a force. Please let us have a healthy Edwards, Robison, James, and Udeze. Heads will roll. That being said, Edwards needs to step it up. Still, Robison has been good, but hasn't been good enough to be our main pass rush guy. Edwards, and hopefully James, are just as capable.

It's amazing how Williams and Williams get all the credit for our run D. Udeze and Edwards should get props as well. Also, our LBs are pretty young, and playing very well.

I hope we continue to bring TJ along, but at a snails pace. He bounced back well from Detroit, but this game could be another confidence wrecker if we rely on him too much.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

I wouldn't say the line is starting to gel. The coaches changed the line and blocking scheme a little bit during the bye week.
    They put Kleinsasser at right end, right next to Cook, primarily to block. They had Schiancoe on the other side most of the time.
    They also put Herrera in for Hicks.
    Their game plan was to run. But when they passed, they left people in to block instead of sending everyone out in the pattern. That gave TJ much better protection than in the past. And also less receivers means less reads in the progression for TJ. aka. simpler pass offense.
    It didn't hurt to have 3 long passes in the game either. Two were thrown very well, and the third wasn't terrible.

So it's a new line in a way. And if it gives a potent running game week in and week out, the passing game will come along in time.

The Dallas game will be telling.
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

Big C is offline Coordinator

I absolutely agree jargomcfargo. There were 8 people in pass protection on the TD touchdown. I am so glad that they made those adjustments after the bye week. Having cook, Shiancoe and Peterson pickup Kampman one-on-one at various points (which all resulted in sacks by the way) in the Green Bay was clear indication that we needed to re-think AND adjust our blocking schemes. The Dallas game will be interesting.
    Halo 4. Start another fight.

davike is offline Team Alumni

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    I noticed that TJ had more savvy presence. He was stepping up in the picked more than I have seen him. The only fault I see yet is he too often doesn't look over the field, only at his primary receiver. I think this is because he is a little guy-shy yet. But back to the question, the OL is doing a better job of giving him some time and that pocket presence will become more and more developed.
    Yep, by the way. What did I tell you guys about TJack not turning the ball over. He did extremely well protecting the football. I told you guys that he would bounce back from his last start.
    ;D

I so smart, lol jk

Thanks Josdin00 for the sig!

digital420 is offline Team Alumni

you know, it's a lot of things coming together.

blocking was executed MUCH better..
    when the pocket was crashing in, Tjack stepped up (holycrumble never did that)
    flyin-saucer laid some big blocking hits
    the Oline was shoving the DL mostly backwards.

as a whole the O played great, executed small things correctly, but failed to finalize some plays.

i'm looking for those finalizations to happen this week.. i see this team really suprising us all by the end of the year!!

DiGiTaL

"We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni

As a whole the O-line and the rest of the offense are getting a rythm, and the timing needed to execute a WCO. The term "Midseason Form" comes to mind. It is still coming along, and should improve every game. We might stumble at Dallas, if we get behind and have to change our gameplan. But I'm hopeing our o-line controls the line of scrimmage and we have another great rushing day. We have to control the clock and keep that plowboi offense off the field.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast