Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    ragz is offline GM

Re: Frerotte thinks he gave Vikings "best chance to win"

"bleedpurple" wrote:
    "ragz" wrote:
    ferrottes dreaming.
    jackson should have gotten sacked many a times, and alot of his bad throws it was cuz he tried to get rid of the ball too quick.
    a good handful should have got picked if not for his gun.
    so basically either ferrotte would have gotten sacked 8 times, or he would have probably had some of the same throws more likely to be picked.
    of the few qbs that might have at least not looked terrible sunday, ferrotte was definitely not one of them.
    his talents are just not conducive to what beat us.
    hell jacksons ablitiy should have given us a better chance to combat there pressure but truth be told, we used him too much like he was gus ferrotte.
    TJ didn't have any room to run.... with pressure coming from the outside/inside and up the middle... there were no throwing lanes, let alone running lanes... when you have that besides receivers not getting open your in for a loooong day..

truth be told... aside from our running game, i think the passing game is kind of soft, from our receivers on down to the line... just soft!
    and again uncreative.
    i can only imagine what the offensive people who did what they did with a seriously pedestrian dolphin offense coulda done with our talent.
    everyone loves to talk about flacco and ryan as good young qbs, but you know what their teams do consistently?
    run, run, run, and for first downs too.
    not just a 50 yder every 10 or so carries.
    if you are gonna be the offense it appears we are trying to run, you have to be able to get 4 yds a chunk consistently.
    its how you can run the ball on first and 2nd down and move chains instead of having to pass on 3rd down regularly becuz you couldnt pick up first downs earlier.
    the numbers are really decieving, becuz peterson is sick, but they way we run is very different from the way atlanta ran the ball this year for instance.
    and it takes massive amounts of pressure of your qb, plus makes your offense consistent, instead of hit and miss every week.
    "self improvement's masturbation.
    now self destruction" that's enlightenment

MaxVike is offline Team Alumni

I would be disappointed if he DIDN'T think that
    :-\.
    TJack played decent in the first half...if you call decent giving up a Pick 6.
    He was poised in the first half, looked like a deer in the headlights (again) in the second half.
    Running aside, I completely agree with Childress, TJack simply has got to do a better job in "must pass" situations.
    There are times in games when you are down by double digits, late in the game, late in the half, 3rd and long, etc., where you are gonna need to through.
    He has not proven to possess that ability thus far in his career.
    Now, was Gus better?
    HMMM...he sure sucked a few times throwing picks.
    Don't know, I think Chilly made the right calls this Season between Gus and TJack.

Next Season???

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

BleedinPandG is offline Coach

"MaxVike" wrote:
    He was poised in the first half, looked like a deer in the headlights (again) in the second half.
    Running aside, I completely agree with Childress, TJack simply has got to do a better job in "must pass" situations.
    There are times in games when you are down by double digits, late in the game, late in the half, 3rd and long, etc., where you are gonna need to through.
    Now, was Gus better?
    Don't know, I think Chilly made the right calls this Season between Gus and TJack.

Next Season???
    See... I struggle with this... TJ did alright in many man 3rd and long situations where I was nervous in the last quarter of the season... look at the last drive against the Giants even... I think when it becomes an every down sort of comeback effort it's a bit different maybe?
    He's held his own in spot duty 3rd and longs in my opinion.
    I think our WRs have a horrible time against a prevent type 3 deep defense.
    They just can't beat a guy 1 on 1 especially if there's help over the top.
    The true measure of a man is what he'd do knowing he'd never be found out.

PackSux! is offline Hall of Famer

I hope i dont have to witness another season with Jackson as our quarterback.
    If the Offense cant open the playbook after three years then get rid of him, he is a waste of roster space.
    Jackson may have a cannon for a arm but that dont matter if he cant hit the broad side of a barn, Jackson is not accurate on the deep throws and is not all that accurate on the short throws.
    Why would we keep him around?
    I honestly dont understand how anyone can think he will ever amount to anything.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"PackSux!" wrote:
    If the Offense cant open the playbook after three years then get rid of him, he is a waste of roster space.
    Jackson may have a cannon for a arm but that dont matter if he cant hit the broad side of a barn, Jackson is not accurate on the deep throws and is not all that accurate on the short throws.
    I honestly dont understand how anyone can think he will ever amount to anything.
    I would love to see a stat that shows his completion percentage against attempts on deep throws......

I would also like to see some of you guys try to stand in that collapsing pocket and put the ball on target every time without missing a few.

Seriously, put him behind a line that can not only creat a pocket but a pocket with the correct passing lanes and I bet we aren't having this discussion.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"PackSux!" wrote:

PackSux! is offline Hall of Famer

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "PackSux!" wrote:
    I would love to see a stat that shows his completion percentage against attempts on deep throws......

I would also like to see some of you guys try to stand in that collapsing pocket and put the ball on target every time without missing a few.

Seriously, put him behind a line that can not only creat a pocket but a pocket with the correct passing lanes and I bet we aren't having this discussion.
    I will take that bet.

I am not going to bother looking up stats for you on Jackson, it is a waste of my time and yours.
    The funny thing is that for a week before the game i listened to analysts say over and over that they would pick the Vikings to win if Gus was starting.
    Now i didnt want to believe it because i thought that Jackson had finally figured it out, he had been playing well for a couple games there and figured he would be ok.
    Man was I wrong.

Jackson tries to jump throw the ball still for crying out loud.

!5 other quarterbacks had to play against the Eagles defense also this year, some good and some bad.
    But not a god damn one tried a fucking jump pass.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"PackSux!" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "PackSux!" wrote:

I will take that bet.

I am not going to bother looking up stats for you on Jackson, it is a waste of my time and yours.

The funny thing is that for a week before the game i listened to analysts say over and over that they would pick the Vikings to win if Gus was starting.
    Now i didnt want to believe it because i thought that Jackson had finally figured it out, he had been playing well for a couple games there and figured he would be ok.

Man was I wrong.

Jackson tries to jump throw the ball still for crying out loud.

!5 other quarterbacks had to play against the Eagles defense also this year, some good and some bad.
    But not a god gol 'darnit one tried a fricken jump pass.

Did any of them have a OL that continually let the DL get in his face so fast he had no other choice?

By the way, I never asked you to look up stats.
    I said I would like to see them.
    You must think I am a big horses ass if you think I would be presumptuous
    enough to dictate to someone to look up a fricken stat for me......

As to the analysts.
    I bet they were the same ones who predicted that all the home teams would lose this weekend to.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

MaxVike is offline Team Alumni

"BleedinPandG" wrote:
    "MaxVike" wrote:
    Now, was Gus better?

Next Season???
    See... I struggle with this... TJ did alright in many man 3rd and long situations where I was nervous in the last quarter of the season... look at the last drive against the Giants even... I think when it becomes an every down sort of comeback effort it's a bit different maybe?
    He's held his own in spot duty 3rd and longs in my opinion.
    I think our WRs have a horrible time against a prevent type 3 deep defense.
    They just can't beat a guy 1 on 1 especially if there's help over the top.
    I hear ya...good points.
    The positions work together, to be sure.
    I was very disappointed that Shiancoe was not integrated into the scheme.
    Not TJack's fault, unless he was a major part of the gameplan and didn't gain separation, to your point.
    I thought he was actually a pretty big key to the game given the stellar Philly CB's and the potentiality of matching him up with larger, slower LB's.

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"PackSux!" wrote:
    ...!5 other quarterbacks had to play against the Eagles defense also this year, some good and some bad.
    But not a god damn one tried a fucking jump pass.

check out 2:36
    [youtube=425,350]NiVlcjWBj00[/youtube]
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast