Page 1 of 15 123 11 ... LastLast

Frerotte thinks he gave Vikings "best chance to win"

[size=16pt]Frerotte thinks he gave Vikings "best chance to win"[/size]
    http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/01/06/frerotte-thinks-he-gave-vikings-best-chance-to-win/

Per Michael Silver of Yahoo! Sports (via the Minneapolis Star Tribune), Childress told Frerotte that a “gut feeling” drove the decision to keep Frerotte on the sidelines
    Citing unnamed team sources, Silver reports that Jackson had a “deer-in-the-headlights” vibe all afternoon against the Eagles, and that the team’s sideline was in “total disarray.”
    Ouch.
    Thoughts?
    "When God was making defensive ends he made Jim Marshall first. Then everything else followed." -- Joe Kapp.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Frerotte thinks he gave Vikings "best chance to win"

I didn't see it

He looked calm and relaxed

Not trying to defend him.. He did get jittery.. But he looked just fine to me

And Aikman had spoken to him and said he couldn't see anything from Jackson that said this was his first playoff game

I could be wrong but I didn't see it.. Besides some erratic throws

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame

"V4L" wrote:
    I didn't see it

And Aikman had spoken to him and said he couldn't see anything from Jackson that said this was his first playoff game

the entire offense looked shell-shocked in the 2nd half.. like they had just seen a ghost!!

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

As V4L says, other than the INT and the breakdown by the whole offensive team at the end, TJ didn't really show anything that was "hair on fire" bad.

As for Gus.
    Good for him.
    Love it that he still has the fire to start.
    Lets see what happens in the offseason.
    Maybe better OL play will help him as he can't get out of the blitzers way, however, if the OL play is that improved then I want TJ back there.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"PurplePeopleEaters69" wrote:
    http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/01/06/frerotte-thinks-he-gave-vikings-best-chance-to-win/

Per Michael Silver of Yahoo! Sports (via the Minneapolis Star Tribune), Childress told Frerotte that a “gut feeling” drove the decision to keep Frerotte on the sidelines
    Citing unnamed team sources, Silver reports that Jackson had a “deer-in-the-headlights” vibe all afternoon against the Eagles, and that the team’s sideline was in “total disarray.”
    Ouch.
    Thoughts?
    I'm surprised that an old vet like Gus thinks tossing 4 picks to the other team gives his team the best chance to win....

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame

"Zeus" wrote:
    "PurplePeopleEaters69" wrote:

Ouch.
    Thoughts?
    I'm surprised that an old vet like Gus thinks tossing 4 picks to the other team gives his team the best chance to win....

=Z=
    follow4ed by what? 2 picks to the lions after that? and before the injury?
    he was a turnover machine late in the season!

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"V4L" wrote:
    I didn't see it

I saw it.
    Especially in the second half.
    Not just erratic throws, but some very poor decisions.
    http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80de2db4
    Check out the jump passes at 4:10 and 4:37.
    Check out the bad pass into triple coverage at 4:47.
    It was a bad performance by our QB.

That being said, there is no way in hell that Gus could have done better.
    Gus would have died on Sunday...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Ferrotte should shut the heck up. Was his winning percentage really any better the Jackson? How about the Eagles were just better. He should run into a wall head first, maybe knock some sense into him.
    LMFAO!

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

The writing is on the wall that Gus will walk the plank, a self-imposed suicide.
    I won't miss him a bit.
    I'm glad he played this year, given that he was the best option available...which says what?
    That the QB situation in Minny sucks ass and has since BJ hit the denouement of his career in '06.

The QB situation needs to be addressed.
    I know, we don't know what we have with TJack, he's young and could be good or bad.
    I just pray that the Vikings don't go into next season with TJack and no veteran competing with him for the starting position.
    Winfield said in a postgame interview that TJack is the man for whatever that's worth.

From the worn arms of my lazyboy, I sure as hell hope that, at a minimum, TJack has some legitimate competition for the starting slot next year.
    That is my major gripe with Childress, the QB situation.
    TJack looked awesome in the few snaps during preseason when he was deemed the starter and then panicked in the regular season.
    He sat on the bench, came back in and played well and then looked like a moron in the second half of the playoff game.
    Sure, there are many reasons for that and he might have learned from it and he might not have.

I question whether he has it in him to move to the next level.
    You can teach anyone the basics of physics, but only few can apply it in real-life situations on the fly.
    The coaches see him practice daily and know his development more than we do, but, the game-time situation is the telling tale.
    Not only the game-time, but an intense game-time under pressure.
    Childress making idiotic comments like, "Gus is the starter for the remainder of the season" after game 2 makes me nervous.
    It appears to me that Childress has never had an open competition for the QB slot since he has taken the reigns (which I'm pretty sure I'm wrong about), but, that's how it comes across.
    I like Childress, but, this is the one major complaint that I have and it's a pretty big one.
    Without a legitimate QB that can at least play Dilferesque, advancing in the playoffs is a pipe dream.

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

tb04512 is offline Team Alumni

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:
    I didn't see it

I saw it.
    Especially in the second half.
    Not just erratic throws, but some very poor decisions.
    http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80de2db4
    Check out the jump passes at 4:10 and 4:37.
    Check out the bad pass into triple coverage at 4:47.
    It was a bad performance by our QB.

That being said, there is no way in hell that Gus could have done better.
    Gus would have died on Sunday...
    literally

Thanks josdin00

Page 1 of 15 123 11 ... LastLast