Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 25
  1. #11
    Chazz is offline Coordinator
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    782

    Re: For Frerotte, everything's so familiar, yet so new - Looks the part

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    I guess the closest would be Dilfer.

    I still wanted Volek though.
    IMO he was the best FA QB available.
    Yea, I had Volek and Sorgi right up there as well but then (as with all the good options) he was resigned because of a CAP windfall.

    ;D

    If the staff hadn't been targeting a DE in FA (used our top picks) maybe they would have tried to get DA, but again, I am not really sold on that cat yet either.

    Long story short is that I now believe that TJ is the man, will be the man for a long time and Gussy boy is just a stop gap until Booty matures a bit. That will leave us with to very good options as a starter and backup that have been "Grown" in the system.

    Just goes to show that the Front Office/Coaching staff might know more than some yutz like me.
    I would have given the picks a few years ago to get Cutler.

    ;D

    You and me both, my friend.

  2. #12
    Purple Floyd's Avatar
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    16,646
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: For Frerotte, everything's so familiar, yet so new - Looks the part

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    I guess the closest would be Dilfer.
    I still wanted Volek though.
    IMO he was the best FA QB available.
    Yea, I had Volek and Sorgi right up there as well but then (as with all the good options) he was resigned because of a CAP windfall.
    ;D

    If the staff hadn't been targeting a DE in FA (used our top picks) maybe they would have tried to get DA, but again, I am not really sold on that cat yet either.

    Long story short is that I now believe that TJ is the man, will be the man for a long time and Gussy boy is just a stop gap until Booty matures a bit. That will leave us with to very good options as a starter and backup that have been "Grown" in the system.

    Just goes to show that the Front Office/Coaching staff might know more than some yutz like me.
    I would have given the picks a few years ago to get Cutler.
    ;D
    So you feel that Jackson is a better QB than Cutler and will continue to be into the future?

  3. #13
    StillPurple is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,255

    Re: For Frerotte, everything's so familiar, yet so new - Looks the part

    I like Chilly's comment that there were 60 different starting QBs in the NFL in 2007. That really says something about how interchangable these guys are. I just want a QB in there who can move the sticks, and I really don't care who it is.

    Gus looks decent. I like his mechanics.

  4. #14
    V-Unit's Avatar
    V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,317

    Re: For Frerotte, everything's so familiar, yet so new - Looks the part

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    I guess the closest would be Dilfer.

    I still wanted Volek though.
    IMO he was the best FA QB available.
    Yea, I had Volek and Sorgi right up there as well but then (as with all the good options) he was resigned because of a CAP windfall.

    ;D

    If the staff hadn't been targeting a DE in FA (used our top picks) maybe they would have tried to get DA, but again, I am not really sold on that cat yet either.

    Long story short is that I now believe that TJ is the man, will be the man for a long time and Gussy boy is just a stop gap until Booty matures a bit. That will leave us with to very good options as a starter and backup that have been "Grown" in the system.

    Just goes to show that the Front Office/Coaching staff might know more than some yutz like me.
    I would have given the picks a few years ago to get Cutler.

    ;D
    I still would...

    Anyways, Frerotte is being brought into the exact same situation as he was in his last stint. He is backing up a young QB who may not pan out. Hopefully his age won't be a bother.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet


    Thanks Josdin!

  5. #15
    StillPurple is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,255

    Re: For Frerotte, everything's so familiar, yet so new - Looks the part

    Dude, please don't say you are comparing T-Jacks in 2007 with Daunte Culpepper in 2004.
    : :


  6. #16
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,266

    Re: For Frerotte, everything's so familiar, yet so new - Looks the part

    "StillPurple" wrote:
    Dude, please don't say you are comparing T-Jacks in 2007 with Daunte Culpepper in 2004.
    : :
    ??? Who/what are you referring to? Who mentioned Culpepper besides you?

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  7. #17
    V-Unit's Avatar
    V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,317

    Re: For Frerotte, everything's so familiar, yet so new - Looks the part

    "singersp" wrote:
    "StillPurple" wrote:
    Dude, please don't say you are comparing T-Jacks in 2007 with Daunte Culpepper in 2004.
    : :
    ??? Who/what are you referring to? Who mentioned Culpepper besides you?
    I did.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet


    Thanks Josdin!

  8. #18
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,266

    Re: For Frerotte, everything's so familiar, yet so new - Looks the part

    "V" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "StillPurple" wrote:
    Dude, please don't say you are comparing T-Jacks in 2007 with Daunte Culpepper in 2004.
    : :
    ??? Who/what are you referring to? Who mentioned Culpepper besides you?
    I did.
    LOL! Are you trying to start something?

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  9. #19
    V-Unit's Avatar
    V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,317

    Re: For Frerotte, everything's so familiar, yet so new - Looks the part

    "singersp" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "StillPurple" wrote:
    Dude, please don't say you are comparing T-Jacks in 2007 with Daunte Culpepper in 2004.
    : :
    ??? Who/what are you referring to? Who mentioned Culpepper besides you?
    I did.
    LOL! Are you trying to start something?
    ???

    Maybe?

    I think you need to reread my original post again. StillPurple got it. You didn't.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet


    Thanks Josdin!

  10. #20
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,916

    Re: For Frerotte, everything's so familiar, yet so new - Looks the part

    "V" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    I guess the closest would be Dilfer.

    I still wanted Volek though.
    IMO he was the best FA QB available.
    Yea, I had Volek and Sorgi right up there as well but then (as with all the good options) he was resigned because of a CAP windfall.

    ;D

    If the staff hadn't been targeting a DE in FA (used our top picks) maybe they would have tried to get DA, but again, I am not really sold on that cat yet either.

    Long story short is that I now believe that TJ is the man, will be the man for a long time and Gussy boy is just a stop gap until Booty matures a bit. That will leave us with to very good options as a starter and backup that have been "Grown" in the system.

    Just goes to show that the Front Office/Coaching staff might know more than some yutz like me.
    I would have given the picks a few years ago to get Cutler.

    ;D
    I still would...

    Anyways, Frerotte is being brought into the exact same situation as he was in his last stint. He is backing up a young QB who may not pan out. Hopefully his age won't be a bother.
    So would I.
    ;D

    I'm not to worried aobut Gus's age but rather will he get a good grasp of the offense.
    At least they got him in (unlike Holcomb) in time to work with everybody throughout the whole offseason workouts.

    Probably will be enough to get him up to snuff.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. International Series 2009 - part fact/ part rumour
    By AngloVike in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-24-2008, 05:23 PM
  2. Does anyone in this clip look familiar?
    By BadlandsVikings in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-16-2008, 10:03 PM
  3. Anyone familiar with itunes?
    By WBLVikeBabe in forum Help / Suggestion Box
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-20-2006, 10:40 PM
  4. Everything's New at Vikings Camp
    By VikesfaninWis in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 04-09-2006, 12:49 AM
  5. Does this look familiar?
    By Nathan Poole in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 12-29-2003, 02:03 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •