Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Frerotte couldn’t say ‘no’ to Vikings

[size=13pt]Frerotte couldn’t say ‘no’ to Vikings[/size]

By Michael Silver, Yahoo! Sports

Oct 10, 11:39 am EDT

As Gus Frerotte’s pinpoint pass settled into the hands of wideout Bernard Berrian 36 yards downfield late last Monday night – a key play in the Minnesota Vikings’ fourth-quarter comeback against the New Orleans Saints – the family room in the quarterback’s St. Louis home was filled with high-fives and cheers....

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

mblack76 is offline Pro-Bowler

Re: Frerotte couldn’t say ‘no’ to Vikings

Nice read. I cant beleive the Packers would treat someone like that. Oh well... Thanks

Tad7 is offline Team Alumni

Cool article...although I wouldn't call it a pinpoint pass lol
    Skol Vikings! Go Cubs!

X MARKS THE SPOT

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

Good Article, Its good to have Frerotte here and he has certainly earned alot of respect from me after taking those hits last week and prevailing. I just wished we could give him a more consistent running game and pass protection so he can make it through the season but he hasn't backed down from the challenge and seems quite motivated to get it done.

StillPurple is offline Hall of Famer

I was calling for Gus back in April and saying we need to bench Tarvaris. I don't mean to rub it in that I was right, but I just want to say, some of us fans knew he could do it and should be starting. The main difference is that Gus can read an NFL defense.

Mr-holland is offline Team Alumni

"StillPurple" wrote:
    I was calling for Gus back in April and saying we need to bench Tarvaris. I don't mean to rub it in that I was right, but I just want to say, some of us fans knew he could do it and should be starting. The main difference is that Gus can read an NFL defense.
    Come on.. TJ showed the signs that he could start for this team, why not build on something that you have been building on for little over 1 season... I know this doesn't apply anymore but before the season started there were no signs that Gus was gonne start for the Vikings
    Rosie O'Donnell is a dude!

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Frerotte forever

StillPurple is offline Hall of Famer

The only "sign" that Gus would start was exactly what happened: Tarvaris continued to not read defenses, and then was benched. I knew that that would happen.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

"StillPurple" wrote:
    The only "sign" that Gus would start was exactly what happened: Tarvaris continued to not read defenses, and then was benched. I knew that that would happen.

Many many many people did

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"StillPurple" wrote:
    Based on what? The fact that Gus has thrown more interceptions than Jackson & has a higher interception %?

If I recall correctly, your gripe back then was Jackson was inaccurate, threw nothing but jump balls & was quick to run out of the pocket. Go ahead & dredge up that quote from April.

BTW, Gus should be able to read defenses better than Jackson, he's been in the fucking league for 15 damn years.

Or are you one of those people who think all QB's can learn & know every teams defenses in just a year or two?

Gus has had more opportunities to pass the ball also. I have stated here many times that there were a shitload of plays when Jackson was in there, when the WR's never even left the line of scrimmage. Doesn't leave the QB a whole lot of options now does it?

What it really boils down to is you have hated on Jackson ever since the day he was drafted, without ever giving him the benefit of the doubt, simply because the Vikings didn't move up to take the QB you wanted.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast