Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Freeny made Big Mac look like a clumsy idiot...

"PacNWVike" wrote:
    "ItalianStallion" wrote:
    I didn't notice how he played against the run but he has to be a liability in that department. Anyway McKinnie's performance was surprising considering I think that he made his reputation in college by completely shutting down Freeney in one game: no tackles, no sacks, nothing.
    Good point Stallion... Well.... my new bride and I are in Oahu, Hawaii and she is wearing a VERY sheer black thingy (Webby probably experienced the same thing at his island paradise). SO, I can't debate any further as I have some "stuff" to take care of... SKOL VIKINGS!!!! :cheers:
    Congrats Pacnwvike, lucky bastard!! Have fun with your "stuff" you have to do!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

johnnyb22 is offline Rookie

You can't blame the every play on big mac. Most OCs that see there left tackle having problems with a rush end help them out. As a matter of fact some really good OC plan for that. THere are ways to assist him. Have a back chip the end before he goes into his pattern. That lets the tackle get the end under control. Line up an H back in the backfield to help out on the block. Put an end to his side to double the rush end or have the tight end chip him before he goes out into his pattern. The problem is Linehan in those situations. I mean it is fine if you think our tackle can handle him but and this is the key here and in the season for the Vikings, sometimes you have to make adjustments!!!! The big three coaches have no idea how to adjust on the fly. They have no contingency plan if there game plan breaks down. I see the deer in the headlights look from Tice every time we are going down and no alternative to get us out of a tailspin. We just crash and burn and that's it. We are terrible in adjustments, we either come out from the get go and beat them from the start or we lose early and often. Whether it is a play or the game. We strat losing there is no coming back from the brink. Chamionship teams find a way to win. How many times did Montana bring the Niners back, they weren't up by two touchdowns every game. The playoffs, super bowls, that final drive against Cincy - Do you think the Vikies would have done that. They would have wasted so much time getting to the line of scrimmage they would have been at the fifty when the gun went off. Linehan needs to to a lot of the blame for the poor showing of our left tackle!!

PacNWVike is offline Team Alumni

"VKG4LFE" wrote:
    [quote]"PacNWVike Good point Stallion... Well.... my new bride and I are in Oahu, Hawaii and she is wearing a VERY sheer black thingy (Webby probably experienced the same thing at his island paradise). SO, I can't debate any further as I have some "stuff" to take care of... SKOL VIKINGS!!!! :cheers:[/quote wrote:

Congrats Pacnwvike, lucky bastard!! Have fun with your "stuff" you have to do!
    :king: Aloooooooooooooooooooooooohaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!! :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :thumbright:
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."
    Edmund Burke

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"PacNWVike" wrote:
    "ItalianStallion" wrote:
    I didn't notice how he played against the run but he has to be a liability in that department. Anyway McKinnie's performance was surprising considering I think that he made his reputation in college by completely shutting down Freeney in one game: no tackles, no sacks, nothing.
    Good point Stallion... Well.... my new bride and I are in Oahu, Hawaii and she is wearing a VERY sheer black thingy (Webby probably experienced the same thing at his island paradise). SO, I can't debate any further as I have some "stuff" to take care of... SKOL VIKINGS!!!! :cheers:
    Congrats PacNWVike - hope you're both happy :cheers: :cheers:
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

lifelongvike is offline Training Camp

Jonny B said it best. This was primarily a Linehan problem. Chip him with a back or stand Big Mac up or move TE over or roll Pep to the right but do not keep doing the same thing over and over again and expect a different result.

"AngloVike" wrote:
    "PacNWVike" wrote:
    "ItalianStallion" wrote:
    Congrats PacNWVike - hope you're both happy :cheers: :cheers:
    Thank you Peter! My bride and I spent the afternoon watching the Vikes/Slackers game here in Hawaii. Wonder why we didn't blitz Fav'Ray more????
    Edmund Burke

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"PacNWVike" wrote:
    "ItalianStallion" wrote:
    My question is: what are you doing posting on your honeymoon...I know that you have probably been indoors all day but you are on your honeymoon...gotta make hay while the makin' is good!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

lifelongvike is offline Training Camp

Linehan had to cover for Big Mac again against the Slackers. Any chance he is hurt or have teams just figured him out?

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "PacNWVike" wrote:
    "ItalianStallion" wrote:
    My question is: what are you doing posting on your honeymoon...I know that you have probably been indoors all day but you are on your honeymoon...gotta make hay while the makin' is good!
    Good question... I'm 49 years young so I can't take care of "stuff" on a continuous basis like you young studs... That leaves me time for other passions, like my Vikings!
    Edmund Burke

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12