Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    Abe Froman is offline Rookie
    Don't worry guys. Ponder's troubles are easily correctable. I'm sure everything will be fine.
    Trying out some new forums since I got my ip banned on Purple Chat 2 weeks ago...

kingpin9995 is offline Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Abe Froman View Post
    Don't worry guys. Ponder's troubles are easily correctable. I'm sure everything will be fine.
    We all know exactly what is going to happen Sunday night. Ponder will come out and play
    the game of his career, with some nasty running by Peterson. The Vikings will win the game and
    Ponder will be declared the starter for the rest of the season. The next game he'll throw 4 picks and
    be replaced at halftime..That's what happens in Viking land. We get the shit knocked out of us by
    weaker teams and beat people we have no right beating. It's what makes us sane in Insaneville..

drewlovs is offline Asst. Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by kingpin9995 View Post
    We all know exactly what is going to happen Sunday night. Ponder will come out and play
    the game of his career, with some nasty running by Peterson. The Vikings will win the game and
    Ponder will be declared the starter for the rest of the season. The next game he'll throw 4 picks and
    be replaced at halftime..That's what happens in Viking land. We get the shit knocked out of us by
    weaker teams and beat people we have no right beating. It's what makes us sane in Insaneville..
    *BIZZZ* WRONG

Ponder WILL have the game of his life, but he will then follow that up with FOUR 180-200 yard games, where he throws 2 total TDs and zero picks. His completion % will be 38%, but hey! No interceptions!! Perhaps he just needs more time!

Then, during the 5th game after his return, he will throw 3 TDs, 1 a 90 yard catch and run to AD, the other 2 to our TE, and have a rating of over 140 in the first half, then get injured. Freeman will come in, and play competently to finish off the game. He will finish off the season for Ponder without doing anything spectacular, and our coaching staff will get to stick around 1 more year!! Ponder has FINALLY arrived, and 2014 is going to see him do wonderful things, just you wait and see!!

SSSOOooo.... we will be stuck in the same spot 1 year from now, wondering how the HELL no one lost their jobs. i'm starting to think that as Vikings fans if this is our new motto:

"It is not ours to wonder why, it is ours to watch and cry."
    Men are moved by two levers only: fear and self interest.

~Napoleon Bonaparte on Politics

Bill_89 is offline Waterboy
    I hate that Ponder is back in.

I was really excited for this Packer game with Freeman at the helm. If Ponder plays well, even if the Vikings manage to win, they really lose.

As woeful as Freeman was against New York, I don't see how you can watch the game and not conclude that he is far more talented than Ponder. Just the way he moves in the pocket while keeping his eyes down-field impressed me. This is an ability that should be expected out of an average starting QB, but we've been so depraved of quality QB play that it struck me as a beautiful thing. Here was a QB who showed composure in the pocket, extended the play, avoided sacks, and showed tremendous arm strength.

I can't even stand to watch Ponder any more. It kills any excitement for me because I've seen the same crap since his first game. Happy feet in the pocket. No zip on sideline throws. Doesn't keep his eyes down-field. Makes poor decisions. Gets flustered and kills plays by scrambling prematurely. No arm strength. Even on completions, puts WRs in a horrible position to run after the catch. While Freeman threw a beautiful long ball to Simpson, all of Ponder's down-field throws give me the impression that he is basically throwing it up and hoping for the best. Case in point was the deep pass to Simpson vs. Detroit. Simpson was wide open and it should have been an easy TD, but Ponder just sort of heaved it up and Simpson had to make a remarkably athletic play just to come down with it.

Ponder is obviously not the team's only or even biggest problem. But I simply do not want to see him on the field. He's not going to get better. Let Freeman play out the season and if he sucks, go with a QB in the draft. If he's decent, hopefully we can focus on our many other needs.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by kingpin9995 View Post
    I doubt that will happen. Ponder would never be replaced at half-time. In order for that to happen, our staff would have to be capable of half time adjustments based on how the first half went.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Guess what? Another *cough* coincidence just happened.

Now that Ponder has been named the starter and the buzz around the league of the Vikings faking Freeman's concussion gaining a little steam, a miracle happened & Freeman is void of all concussion like symptoms.

Cleared of concussion symptoms, Freeman returns

Ponder will start for Vikings against Packers; cleared of concussion symptoms, Freeman returns

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    Guess what? Another *cough* coincidence just happened.

Now that Ponder has been named the starter
    If by now you mean Wednesday Yes, and you do know the Vikings did practice on Tuesday after a Monday game and Freeman didn't practice Wednesday either [QUOTE] and the buzz around the league of the Vikings faking Freeman's concussion gaining a little steam, a miracle happened & Freeman is void of all concussion like symptoms.[/QOUTE] He passed the tests Friday, which I'm note sure is really a miracle, and he was cleared to practice, not what I'd call rising from the dead, granted it could have been and injury that possibly would have landed Tarvaris Jackson or Percy Harvin when they were Vikings on IR but doesn't come close to water into wine or the fish and bread thing
    "I've really appreciated how the coaches have handled it," Freeman said. "It's been kind of, 'OK, all right, take your time, feel it out.' It hasn't been, 'Hurry up and get back.' They've treated it and handled this situation very professionally in allowing me to get back at my own pace, which is, with any head injuries a necessary step."
    Conspiracy theorists were curious about the timing of the injury, given how poorly Freeman played. But he denied any exaggeration or fabrication of his condition.
    "All I can do is live in my truth," Freeman said.
    Article even seems to poke some holes into the steam of the conspiracy theory..........all of this still doesn't change the fact that he wasn't anywhere near ready to be on the field and this coaching staff could find their collective asses in the dark.....I think as soon as the players start giving up on Frazier (they are just playing badly it will get worse when they give up) Singletary will become the interim, Musgrave is Frazier OC and I don't think Frazier will pull the pin on him or his play calling. With Frazier having the control over his staff he'll get the sack but it will be a while yet.....unfortunately

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    a miracle happened & Freeman is void of all concussion like symptoms.
    Jon Kitna 2007 first half concussion against Vikings returns to game

ďIíve never felt anything like that, and for it to clear up and go right back to as normal as I can be, is nothing short of a miracle,Ē Kitna said. ďI just definitely feel the hand of God. Thatís all it was. You canít explain it.
    Lions 20-17 overtime win

LINK

Minniman is offline Hall of Famer
    ďIíve never felt anything like that, and for it to clear up and go right back to as normal as I can be, is nothing short of a miracle,Ē Kitna said. ďI just definitely feel the hand of God. Thatís all it was. You canít explain it."
    Sounds like he still had a brain injury.

Nowadays, metaphorically speaking, if a QB gets so much as a "brain freeze" from eating ice cream, the NFL views it as concussion like symptoms.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast