Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    LIVike is offline Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by rockymtdan View Post
    I swore off tequila,I swore off rum, I swore off ladies of the nite, but noooo right back at it. Dont deny why you are here........embrace it.
    I talk myself into a lot of thing that are not so good.
    You kidding Sunday I'll be yelling and cursing thanks to this team as always no matter how hard I try not to.
    None

Vikadelic is offline Starter
    I understand the negativity here due to our hopes being smashed. However, I truly believe that this weeks game is one that we can and should win. It is a psychological mind fug for the Packers to come in to the dome and play. We also have several players that tend to step it up in this heralded rivalry. Stop whining and bitching and let's hope that the team shows up to play this weekend. If we don't put up a fight, I will be the first to admit my error in believing that something good can come out of this game. I just have a feeling that we will see a better performance than many of you think we will.

Tad7 is offline Team Alumni
    The obvious huge mistake was putting in Freeman in the first place. I know most fans, including myself, were fine with it beforehand but we weren't there to see him in practice and see how he was doing. There's no chance he looked ready to start in practice. That was a dumbass move by someone...I lean towards that NOT being Frazier in this case.

Whether Freeman is injured or not, it's obvious he needs more time so you may as well do this for right now and not make another mistake on top of the mistakes already made.

Putting in Ponder is the right move at this point. Cassel is slightly better but Ponder is younger and there's a better chance he's on the team next season. Basically, fuck it.
    Last edited by Tad7; 10-23-2013 at 08:39 PM.
    Skol Vikings! Go Cubs!

X MARKS THE SPOT

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Tad7 View Post
    The obvious huge mistake was putting in Freeman in the first place. I know most fans, including myself, were fine with it beforehand but we weren't there to see him in practice and see how he was doing. There's no chance he looked ready to start in practice. That was a dumbass move by someone...I lean towards that NOT being Frazier in this case.

Whether Freeman is injured or not, it's obvious he needs more time so you may as well do this for right now and not make another mistake on top of the mistakes already made.

Putting in Ponder is the right move at this point. Cassel is slightly better but Ponder is younger and there's a better chance he's on the team next season. Basically, fuck it.
    Frazier states it was his decision and he'd do it again

“If I had to do it over again, I don’t think I’d do it any differently under the circumstances,” Frazier said. “I knew exactly why we made the decision. Felt very confident going into the ballgame with the decision.”
    Frazier said he’s under “no obligation” from General Manager Rick Spielman or ownership to play Freeman.

“The only reason the decision was made to start him [was]because we believed that he would give us the best chance to be successful in that ballgame with the Giants,” Frazier said. “And the only reason he would start on Sunday is for that reason. No obligation other than that.”
    LINK

When will the Vikings get there next win

“I don’t know if I’ve thought that far ahead,” he said.

Quote Originally Posted by vikinggreg View Post

LINK

Translation: I have no idea what I am doing.
    Skol!
    Go Vikings!

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Freeman out- Ponder in against Packers

This team is a disaster. It has been since Favre left. Peterson saved our ass last year. Where is Marrdro and his bold prediction of that amazing record we would have? *snicker*

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

“If I had to do it over again, I don’t think I’d do it any differently under the circumstances,” Frazier said. “I knew exactly why we made the decision. Felt very confident going into the ballgame with the decision.”

Frazier said he’s under “no obligation” from General Manager Rick Spielman or ownership to play Freeman.

“The only reason the decision was made to start him [was]because we believed that he would give us the best chance to be successful in that ballgame with the Giants,” Frazier said. “And the only reason he would start on Sunday is for that reason. No obligation other than that.”
    LINK

“I don’t know if I’ve thought that far ahead,” he said.

Spielman was feeding him his lines too.

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion
    So Ponder gets to remind us all why Cassell replaced him and then Freeman replaced Cassell. Really we should just put Webb Toby and AP in the backfield and let them take turns handling the snap.

WWBGD

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Freeman out- Ponder in against Packers

Cassel never deserved to be benched.

Reignman is offline Asst. Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    So, someone told Freemen he had a concussion....
    Lol, how did you know that was my first thought?

Quote Originally Posted by tastywaves View Post
    No doubt they discovered it after looking at the video of the game.
    Finally looking at all that tape has paid off for Frazier.

Quote Originally Posted by Abe Froman View Post
    Bridgewater better be worth all of this bullsht.
    I'm pretty sure the Jags are already negotiating with him.

Quote Originally Posted by C Mac D View Post
    Completely agree... Bridgewater has bust written all over him.
    I don't know about Bridgewater I haven't gotten to see him play yet, but Manziel has bust written all over him to me. His backyard sramble around, throw it up for grabs in Evans general direction isn't going to work vs NFL defenses.

Quote Originally Posted by kingpin9995 View Post
    Fool me once okay, but no fool me twice with the same scenario of a fluke injury that no one seems to be able to see on film when it happened.
    Now why does that remind me of W? "fool me once, shame on ... shame on you. Fool me ... you can't get fooled again"

Quote Originally Posted by LIVike View Post
    You kidding Sunday I'll be yelling and cursing thanks to this team as always no matter how hard I try not to.
    Why? I haven't yelled at the Viking or broke anything since '03 when we lost to Arizona. Now I just expect bad things to happen with this franchise, and laugh when it inevitably does. You really do find this stuff comical when you finally come to that realization, and come to that realization you will someday (said in my best Yoda voice).

Quote Originally Posted by Vikadelic View Post
    I understand the negativity here due to our hopes being smashed. However, I truly believe that this weeks game is one that we can and should win. It is a psychological mind fug for the Packers to come in to the dome and play. We also have several players that tend to step it up in this heralded rivalry. Stop whining and bitching and let's hope that the team shows up to play this weekend. If we don't put up a fight, I will be the first to admit my error in believing that something good can come out of this game. I just have a feeling that we will see a better performance than many of you think we will.
    If losing to the 1 dimensional, 3rd string QB, throw in the towel Browns in the home opener didn't convince you, losing to the 1-3 Panthers and a struggling Cam Newton again at home didn't convince you, and then losing ugly and embarrassingly to a winless team Monday night in prime time where we set more dubious records for QB futility didn't convince you, why should we believe that a loss to one of the best teams in the league and future HoF QB is going to convince you of anything lol?

Quote Originally Posted by marstc09 View Post
    Cassel never deserved to be benched.
    Exactly! That's what has me most puzzled about this whole QB drama. WTF did Cassel do to get demoted? 1 bad start vs 23 bad starts by Ponder. I guess that makes sense to a team like ours.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast