Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewtal View Post
    He got paid 3 million for nothing. I would say you got one last payday he did not disserve.
    The Bucs clearly set the market value for Freeman at 6.3 million not to play or take up a roster spot, Vikings just signed him not to play at half that price

scottishvike is offline Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries

Freeman Was Done Wrong By Vikings

The real story of what went on with Freeman may never be told but I'd like to know who thought he was ready to start THAT game and when it became painfully obvious he wasn't ready, why wasn't he pulled? There doesn't seem to be a logical football reason for either decision.

drewlovs is offline Asst. Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by scottishvike View Post
    The real story of what went on with Freeman may never be told but I'd like to know who thought he was ready to start THAT game and when it became painfully obvious he wasn't ready, why wasn't he pulled? There doesn't seem to be a logical football reason for either decision.
    Not to re-hash older posts, but I really think Freeman was the straw that broke the camel's back, and showed the world Spielman and Frazier did not see eye to eye on players. I truly believe Spielman went and got Freeman because he did not believe in Ponder as Frazier did, and Frazier in turn put Freeman out there to screw the pooch to make a point.

Either way, it sucked ass for Freeman. In that regard, Freeman was paid back for how he treated his previous coach, for good or bad.
    Men are moved by two levers only: fear and self interest.

~Napoleon Bonaparte on Politics

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by drewlovs View Post
    Not to re-hash older posts, but I really think Freeman was the straw that broke the camel's back, and showed the world Spielman and Frazier did not see eye to eye on players. I truly believe Spielman went and got Freeman because he did not believe in Ponder as Frazier did, and Frazier in turn put Freeman out there to screw the pooch to make a point.

Either way, it sucked ass for Freeman. In that regard, Freeman was paid back for how he treated his previous coach, for good or bad.

Even if Frazier didn't want Freeman to start (for good reason), I doubt he wanted to see him go out there and fail. Frazier was on the hot seat and being spiteful wasn't going to help him keep his job. Also, I don't think Frazier is that type of guy...might be, but I just don't see it.

I think Freeman sealed his own fate by his performance in TB and his craptastic showing with the Vikings in which will now forever be seared in my brain as the single worst QB performance I have seen by a Vikings QB. And that's saying a lot. Yea, he was thrown in without much time in MN, but that doesn't excuse how bad his throws were in that game.

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired
    Freeman at his worse is a bottom of the heap horrible QB. Freeman at his very best is just a serviceable QB. Glad he is gone, and hope Ponder follows him soon.

The Giants had a decent defense (at times) last season, they were just under performing. Freeman had what, like 4-5 passing plays to draw from? Once the Giants secondary learned where he would look, he should have been pulled. Unless we were expecting to see a Cam Newton "run around the field" performance from him, he was set to fail.

Timing routes and line of scrimmage changes require knowing what your WRs are going to do, and even Peyton frikkin Manning could not excel in that atmosphere. Something weird was going on behind the scenes, and say what you want,, Freeman WAS a casualty of it.

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion
    The Freeman deal was messed up for him. I don't know why anyone expected him to do better. He didn't know the receivers. He didn't know the play book. He didn't know the coach. He didn't know his line. He had only been there like 4 fricken days. Personally I don't blame him for his performance. I do blame the coach for being a horses ass and putting him in like that. It was a stupid call by the FO and they should have all been fired after that Sunday IMO.

WWBGD

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Just saw where the Giants signed Freeman. All I can say is WTF!

They do realize that the likelihood of Giants players catching Freeman's passes will go down significantly when he dresses in the same uniform.

Quote Originally Posted by tastywaves View Post
    Just saw where the Giants signed Freeman. All I can say is WTF!

They do realize that the likelihood of Giants players catching Freeman's passes will go down significantly when he dresses in the same uniform.
    lol!

Though... it makes you wonder what they saw. Heck, it might just be gratitude for giving them their first win...

rockymtdan is offline Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by drewlovs View Post
    lol!

Though... it makes you wonder what they saw. Heck, it might just be gratitude for giving them their first win...
    Maybe they matched his game check that week as well.

Maybe someday we will know what went on, but no question there where some shenanigans going on.
    What could have been worth setting the NFLs worst QB game record????
    Go ahead back up your to close away.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast