Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Freeman Was Done Wrong By Vikings

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

MaxVike is offline Team Alumni

Freeman Was Done Wrong By Vikings

Not buying it. Yes, whatever moron threw him in after being a Vike for 3 hours was wrong... But, he's a fragile non leader. Glad he's gone.

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

smegmavike is offline Coordinator
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxVike View Post
    Not buying it. Yes, whatever moron threw him in after being a Vike for 3 hours was wrong... But, he's a fragile non leader. Glad he's gone.
    I would be happy to see the Bears or Packers find out for themselves, but I'm confident our GM already knows he isn't a franchise QB.
    Nice to see a QB with the physical ability to be great, after all it's a rare gift; but only when coupled with the right combination of drive and intelligence.
    Some players get paid and their journey has reached it's zenith!
    Desire without effort is a fools pursuit. I think that is one of the most difficult qualities these teams have to evaluate in players.
    I don't favor Johnny Football for a few reasons, but when he says, " I hate to lose ", I see that as a major positive.
    The great QB's seem to have a lot between their ears and a true disdain for losing.
    I don't think Freeman is in that class.

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by smegmavike View Post
    I would be happy to see the Bears or Packers find out for themselves, but I'm confident our GM already knows he isn't a franchise QB.
    Nice to see a QB with the physical ability to be great, after all it's a rare gift; but only when coupled with the right combination of drive and intelligence.
    Some players get paid and their journey has reached it's zenith!
    Desire without effort is a fools pursuit. I think that is one of the most difficult qualities these teams have to evaluate in players.
    I don't favor Johnny Football for a few reasons, but when he says, " I hate to lose ", I see that as a major positive.
    The great QB's seem to have a lot between their ears and a true disdain for losing.
    I don't think Freeman is in that class.
    Our GM wouldn't know a Qb if one bit him on the nose.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    It is hard to pick out the good ones from the potentially good ones. (Anyone can do it in hindsight) It is not hard, however, to identify the ones who are poor teammates...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

drewlovs is offline Asst. Coach
    Very few GMs CAN. Watch the "Tom Brady's 6" or whatever on the NFL Network...even the Patriots were not sold on him, they had red flags on him but took him anyways as a shot in the dark. QBs are always the hardest pick to make, except in rare cases such as Luck and Namath.
    Men are moved by two levers only: fear and self interest.

~Napoleon Bonaparte on Politics

purpleblood32 is offline Starter
    Blog Entries
    it is hard to evaluate a players heart and drive to be the best he can be ...there are more intangables at the qb position than any other .i think josh still has a shot at greatness if he wakes up !!!!sometimes a player needs great mentors and coaching surrounded by a top notch frachise and a system that fits them ...isnt chilly in cleveland haha omg

Tad7 is offline Team Alumni
    the Vikings put him in too early out of desperation, that was a mistake. But he's obviously hurting himself more than anything.

The Bucs cut him loose. He got 1 start and 1 start only with a team that needs a QB. He's still available as a free agent.

Teams aren't consistently passing on a 26 year old quarterback for the fun of it.
    Skol Vikings! Go Cubs!

X MARKS THE SPOT

MaxVike is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post
    It is hard to pick out the good ones from the potentially good ones. (Anyone can do it in hindsight) It is not hard, however, to identify the ones who are poor teammates...
    Amen brother

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

Brewtal is offline Starter
    He got paid 3 million for nothing. I would say you got one last payday he did not disserve.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast