Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Free Head Exam: Minnesota Vikings

Keep TJ around a while, knowing that he needs to be replaced. Next year, he might be our best option, whether you like it or not. I think that the writing is on the wall, he is not starter material. If he is willing to be a professional athlete and prepare each week like he would start and do this knowing he is the back up guy, keep him. If he thinks that he is a starter, let him walk.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

[quote="Infidel" #1081856]If Jackson were 'significantly' improved.....I suspect we'd have seen him light up the anemic Bills D for a lot more yards and points than he did.

[quote]

Not at all. I disagree whole-heartedly. That's the biggest fault people have when judging QB's. They think that if the QB doesn't throw for 250+ or 300+ yards, he's no good or played mediocre at best.

The Bills "D" is dead last against the run & it wasn't much different going into the game.

The Bills "D" is ranked 10th in the league against the pass & it wasn't much different going into the game.

As I stated earlier in the week the game plan should be to run the ball against them. It was.

When your opponents give up the run, you run the ball down their throats.

When your opponent is stingy on the run, you pass the ball.

The Bills are pretty good against the pass, but lousy against the run. Frazier knew their weakness & exploited it.

The reason TJ didn't have a 300+ yard game is because Frazier & Bevell didn't call a game that allowed him to reach that. level. I don't think the game plan changed much, if with TJ in there instead of Favre. They were still going to exploit the run.

Furthermore, when you are sitting with a comfortable lead. of course you're going to run the ball a lot more than you are going to pass it if you are having success doing it. It's called playing smart

Frazier isn't going to be calling a bunch of pass plays with a comfortable lead, just to pad some stats & please some fantasy football players who happen our WR's on their roster. We play real football on the field.

The latter comment is a general comment & not pointed at you. It certainly appears to me, that some people notion of what makes a player great is skewed, because they base their opinionon how many points he can score in their fantasy football world.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Quote Originally Posted by "Infidel" #1081852
    A shoulder injury to the throwing side is a crippling injury for a QB.

It depends on the degree of the sprain. Frazier says they didn't give him a degree. That could be true, and that would probably be good news. It also could be that he does not want to reveal anything to give a clue as to who will play QB on Sunday.

When ligaments are detached, they don't RE-attach in just a few days. That means it's not just an issue of numbing pain and playing through it.....it means it's an issue of strength and the amount of force Favre can get into his throws.

Leslie just wants to keep the Giants confused as to what might happen.

So, every report at this time is going to be vague, but this is a whole new kind of injury and more likely to put Favre on the bench.
    They'll let him start, even if it's to simply hand off. He'll at least play long enough to keep that consecutive start streak going onwards to #300.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Quote Originally Posted by "singersp" #1081945
    Quote Originally Posted by "marstc09" #1081827
    So a couple good passes? Weird I got ripped on by you for even suggesting Favre had a few good passes with his high INT games. I am having so much fun today! So many excuses today. Isn't that what you called mine? HAHA
    A couple is 2. TJ was 15-32. That's 68%.

The pass to Rice in the endzone was spot on. Rice had it tucked into the elbow the entire way to the ground. It may have been ill advised due to the coverage, but the throw itself was acurate.

Accuracy was one of the biggest bitches by the haters. Now that he's showing more accuracy, the bitch is elsewhere.

Also, they bitched that TJ would not take risks & now that he's douing it, they bitch even more. LOL. No pleasing some people.

Last I checked, we killed the Bills. Instead of being happy, people are whining about the QB & not giving him any credit.
    That's weird because last time I checked the Favre haters were downplaying Brett's performance for check downs and short passes. That is exactly what TJ did. Double standards indeed. Crazy how that rule does not apply to Favre. This is fun isn't it?

That Rice catch was not spot on. Good god what a joke. If that was Favre you would be all over him. You truly are Mr. Double Standard.

Accuracy was NEVER the biggest bitch against TJ. EVER! It was he inconsistency.

Who is not giving TJ credit? Fact is, he has a lot more to prove.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Quote Originally Posted by "marstc09" #1081975
    So a couple good passes? Weird I got ripped on by you for even suggesting Favre had a few good passes with his high INT games. I am having so much fun today! So many excuses today. Isn't that what you called mine? HAHA

The pass to Rice in the endzone was spot on. Rice had it tucked into the elbow the entire way to the ground. It may have been ill advised due to the coverage, but the throw itself was acurate.

Accuracy was one of the biggest bitches by the haters. Now that he's showing more accuracy, the bitch is elsewhere.

Also, they bitched that TJ would not take risks & now that he's douing it, they bitch even more. LOL. No pleasing some people.

Last I checked, we killed the Bills. Instead of being happy, people are whining about the QB & not giving him any credit.
    That's weird because last time I checked the Favre haters were downplaying Brett's performance for check downs and short passes. That is exactly what TJ did. Double standards indeed. Crazy how that rule does not apply to Favre. This is fun isn't it?

That Rice catch was not spot on. Good god what a joke. If that was Favre you would be all over him. You truly are Mr. Double Standard.

A couple of us so called "Haters" actually gave him props the game after PatsRandy left and he actually set a personal passing record by dinking/dunking to his checkdowns.

Funny, you must have missed that.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

jrjohn is offline Pro-Bowler

The Vikings scored more points than in any other game this year. I'll take a blowout win with a so so backup quarterback over a loss when playing a HOF QB anyday.

Unfortunatly the Vikes coaching staff will start Favre, expecting a different result. (winning) Thats one of the signs of insanity. Doing the same thing over and over getting the same result and expecting something different.
    None

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1081983
    Quote Originally Posted by "marstc09" #1081975

A couple of us so called "Haters" actually gave him props the game after PatsRandy left and he actually set a personal passing record by dinking/dunking to his checkdowns.

Funny, you must have missed that.
    Props?! I doubt that. I am gonna dig that thread up right now. My quess is that I did not miss anything.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Quote Originally Posted by "marstc09" #1081991
    My quess is that I did not miss anything.
    Except the end of the San Francisco game last year.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Infidel is offline Star Spokesman

Funny, we all must have missed it.

What's your definition of "Props?"

Calling him names?

It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.
    --John Wooden

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Quote Originally Posted by "marstc09" #1081842
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1081835
    Quote Originally Posted by "Mr Anderson" #1081830
    He has his head on straight by making the claim that Jackson hasn't significantly improved after... one game?
    ......Snicker.........

Your a crafty man my friend. I hope we get to see him against the Giants and then the Bores and then the Iggles and then the Lions.

Then, and only then, do I think any of us can say that we know for sure (as fans) that TJ is ready or not ready.
    What if he does not get that chance? Favre seems ok. Then what? We go into the next season thinking he might be able to do it? I don't think so. As a fan I have a right to judge. I am sorry but after hearing the Bills had 4 picks all year up until this game, I am not impressed at all! What happens when he gets the spotlight again to start against a quality team? My guess is that he goes back to the guy we all know from the past and what we saw with our own eyes Sunday. I am convinced he is not the future on this team. I base that on actions of our coaches and players on begging Favre back and my own eyes. Maybe I am wrong but I highly doubt it. It is time to draft a QB in the 1st and I am willing to bet the next coach will.
    Were did I say the fans don't have a right to judge? All I'm saying is that I believe the staff knows one way or the other.

By the way, drafting a QB in the first round and playing him will result in the following happening for the next 2 to 3 years......

17/33 - 164 yds, 0 TD's, 3 INT's

Jets Patriots Boxscore
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast