Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1234 12 ... LastLast
    Infidel is offline Star Spokesman

Re: Free Head Exam: Minnesota Vikings

A shoulder injury to the throwing side is a crippling injury for a QB.

It depends on the degree of the sprain. Frazier says they didn't give him a degree. That could be true, and that would probably be good news. It also could be that he does not want to reveal anything to give a clue as to who will play QB on Sunday.

When ligaments are detached, they don't RE-attach in just a few days. That means it's not just an issue of numbing pain and playing through it.....it means it's an issue of strength and the amount of force Favre can get into his throws.

Leslie just wants to keep the Giants confused as to what might happen.

So, every report at this time is going to be vague, but this is a whole new kind of injury and more likely to put Favre on the bench.
    It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.
    --John Wooden

12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Mr Anderson" #1081830
    He has his head on straight by making the claim that Jackson hasn't significantly improved after... one game?
    Well that's a lot more than I can say for some of the people on here who think he's lightyears ahead of where he was before.
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

If Jackson were 'significantly' improved.....I suspect we'd have seen him light up the anemic Bills D for a lot more yards and points than he did.

But it IS unfair to judge him on one game where he got jerked into the fray unexpectedly to replace the legendary Favre.

I look forward to the Giants game with great relish.

Much will be revealed.
    --John Wooden

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Quote Originally Posted by "Infidel" #1081852
    A shoulder injury to the throwing side is a crippling injury for a QB.

It depends on the degree of the sprain. Frazier says they didn't give him a degree. That could be true, and that would probably be good news. It also could be that he does not want to reveal anything to give a clue as to who will play QB on Sunday.

When ligaments are detached, they don't RE-attach in just a few days. That means it's not just an issue of numbing pain and playing through it.....it means it's an issue of strength and the amount of force Favre can get into his throws.

Leslie just wants to keep the Giants confused as to what might happen.

So, every report at this time is going to be vague, but this is a whole new kind of injury and more likely to put Favre on the bench.
    You are probably right. I hear so many different things.

After the game Leslie said he was surprised he did not go back in.

Today he said it is serious.

Then he said he expects him to play.

Kudos Leslie.

Absolutely.

Force the Giants to seriously prepare for both Favre and TJ.

Why not? Gives them more to think about and that's good for us.
    --John Wooden

Traveling_Vike is offline Coordinator

I tend to agree. Regardless of the true severity of the injury, which we may not know until after the game, it's always a good idea to confuse the enemy.

The one thing I don't want to see is Favre starting and getting even more hurt. Against the Giants, this is a real possibility. But I'm half expecting to see him in there just handing off to AD and Toby to start the game. He's the iron man.

And the closer he gets to that magical number 300, the harder it gets to voluntarily sit.

My Meeple is purple. What color is yours?

m johnson is offline Waterboy

i really hope brett can play the whole game against the giants but the more i hear about his injury im not so sure. brett is tougher than a box of two dollar steaks and i hope he can play through this too but i dont know. if t jack gets in the game were all sol. chillys getting rid of rosenfeld is going to really bite us. t jack cannot read defenses, to put it bluntly he sucks. maybe if he sucks bad enough against the giants if he gets in the game all this nonsense about t jack being the vikings qb will all be behind us and maybe webb will be our #2 qb and give him some snaps and we can see what hes got to offer.
    None

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

Tjack since start of 3rd nfl season:
    121/198 61% 1480 7.47avg 13td 5int 95.5QB rating

Favre 2010
    212/351 60% 2446 7.00avg 10td 18int 69.6QB rating

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Quote Originally Posted by "12purplepride28" #1081789
    Free Head Exam

And here is one issue I don't get:

Readers are flooding my inbox with hope-filled messages about backup quarterback Tarvaris Jackson, who finished Sunday's game with an 85.0 passer rating after replacing Favre. I don't get it. I agree that Jackson made some nice throws and once again displayed his mobility in critical times. But he also threw three interceptions, one of which was returned for a touchdown, and was assisted on both of his touchdown passes by acrobatic receiver Sidney Rice. I didn't think Jackson's performance suggested he has made significant progress during his time behind Favre, and a quarterback in his fifth season shouldn't benefit from a grading curve that allows us to overlook such mistakes in favor of the potential displayed. But I'm sure you're tired of hearing that from me.
    Looks like Seifert has got his head on straight.
    He does? LOL! Lets just make snap decisions on 1 game in two years.

Where was Siefert's snap decisions when Favre's craptacular play led us to be 0-3?

Yes, we don't want to overlook the 3 picks Kevein, but we also know (or at least some of us do) that is an extreme rarity in TJ's case & not the norm.

We also don't want to overlook the huge win.

Of course, Seifert & others her are apparently much happier watching Favre, throw picks & lose games.

No one is claiming he's our future, but certainly we should be looking at him in just more than 1 game post Childress.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Quote Originally Posted by "marstc09" #1081827
    So a couple good passes? Weird I got ripped on by you for even suggesting Favre had a few good passes with his high INT games. I am having so much fun today! So many excuses today. Isn't that what you called mine? HAHA
    A couple is 2. TJ was 15-22. That's 68%.

The pass to Rice in the endzone was spot on. Rice had it tucked into the elbow the entire way to the ground. It may have been ill advised due to the coverage, but the throw itself was acurate.

Accuracy was one of the biggest bitches by the haters. Now that he's showing more accuracy, the bitch is elsewhere.

Also, they bitched that TJ would not take risks & now that he's douing it, they bitch even more. LOL. No pleasing some people.

Last I checked, we killed the Bills. Instead of being happy, people are whining about the QB & not giving him any credit.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1234 12 ... LastLast