Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Free Head Exam: Minnesota Vikings

Quote Originally Posted by "singersp" #1082388
    Quote Originally Posted by "Caine" #1082166

2: I recall Marrdro (And you too, if I'm not mistaken) trying to sell us on the notion that the Line had suddenly improved when Sullivan came back....and essentially trying to dump it all on Favre (Marrdro for SURE does this).

Fact is, the line DID look better once Favre was out. Buffalo's pass rush wasn't as effective.

Of course you can blow that off and attribute it all to Jackson's phenomenal mobility. Or you could say that the line knew they'd screwed the pooch and sucked it up. Regardless, the line DID play better.
    Caine
    Me? Say the line got better because Sullivan was back? OMG! You are mistaken. I've been harping about the OL since 2005 & will continue to do so. I used the OL as ONE of the the reasons that TJ didn't have a great deal of success behind it. They've been a major factor in QB woes from Brad Johnson to Brett Favre.

While the OL played a some what better this week, I thought TJ's mobility might have simply made it appear that way. I think Favre doesn't think they played better. Especially after watching the tape of his hit & seeing McKinnie meandering back to the line after giving up on his man. The same one that nailed him.
    I agree, he has been harping on the OL and its lack of depth since I've been around but he hasn't been spot on with his discussion points.

Anyone notice that we had two backups at G last week or that we have had a backup C in for a good share of the time this year?

If that isn't depth then I don't know what it is.

Me thinks that my good friend Singer won't like what the OL is doing until it is loade with a whole bunch of number 1 picks. :laugh:
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Infidel is offline Star Spokesman

Fact is, the line DID look better once Favre was out. Buffalo's pass rush wasn't as effective.
    Ummmmm.....can you seriously expect to judge that by three plays?

How many of those three featured a pass rush?

No, can't buy that.

The pass rush IS WHAT IT IS.

It has been poor with a few feeble tries at mediocre all year.

But why argue?

Sunday will tell us all we need to know.

It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.
    --John Wooden

Quote Originally Posted by "Infidel" #1082460
    Ummmmm.....can you seriously expect to judge that by three plays?

How many of those three featured a pass rush?

No, can't buy that.

The pass rush IS WHAT IT IS.

It has been poor with a few feeble tries at mediocre all year.

But why argue?

Sunday will tell us all we need to know.

Just as you can't judge it by 3 plays you can't judge it by just the Giants game.

That defense has been making alot of good offenses look bad my friend. Mostly cause they are a damn good team and not so much that the other teams suck.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

In the first half, Jackson completed 12 out of 17 passes for 170 yards, two touchdowns and the one interception. For the only half of football this season, the Vikings looked like the 2009 juggernaut that frequently ran roughshod over opponents. The defense was stifling, and the offense looked like a machine.
    While Frazier insists the unbelievable consecutive start streak that currently stands at 297 regular season games is not a factor in his decision, he should just admit that it is. That would be the only logical reason to continue to start a quarterback whose nightmarish season is compromising the team's chances to win each week.
    With Jackson's strong arm and mobility, the offense was infused with an energy that has been so sorely lacking with Favre at the helm.
    While an individual's record streak should not outweigh the needs of an entire team, the Vikings have evidently made that their choice. Why else would a coach not want to see a continuation of the first dominant performance on both sides of the ball the team has produced all year? Why else would a coach want to return to the starting lineup a quarterback with an injured throwing shoulder that already led the league in turnovers without an injured throwing shoulder?
    The franchise should just come clean and admit that the lowest level of starting quarterback play in the league is acceptable to them, and that continuing that quarterback's streak is more important to them than winning this year, or planning for the team's future next year.
    Back to the Future?

Lord help me but I can't wait for this damn season to end. I'm tired of being the butt of all that is bad in the league.:sick: :sick: :sick:

Why else would a coach want to return to the starting lineup a quarterback with an injured throwing shoulder that already led the league in turnovers without an injured throwing shoulder?
    Could this writer really be that stupid?

What coach said was that Favre will start if he's healthy and able to do the job.

Coach knows that's hardly likely to happen, but it doesn't hurt to keep the Giants guessing.

Everybody familiar with shoulder injuries knows TJ is our QB for the Giants.

All the other talk is just smoke and mirrors.
    --John Wooden

Quote Originally Posted by "Infidel" #1082547
    Why else would a coach want to return to the starting lineup a quarterback with an injured throwing shoulder that already led the league in turnovers without an injured throwing shoulder?
    Could this writer really be that stupid?

What coach said was that Favre will start if he's healthy and able to do the job.

Coach knows that's hardly likely to happen, but it doesn't hurt to keep the Giants guessing.

Everybody familiar with shoulder injuries knows TJ is our QB for the Giants.

All the other talk is just smoke and mirrors.
    And yet...........

"He has a little bit more range of motion, I see him stretching and moving around," Bevell said. "I still think he's obviously in some pain. Particularly sleeping is not very comfortable. Either you put it on the left or put it on the right, it's still painful."

Favre is expected to be a game-time decision against the Giants on Sunday, but coaches such as Bevell and interim coach Leslie Frazier are speaking as if Favre will extend his 297-game streak of consecutive starts.

"You expect nothing less than him being out there," Bevell said.
    Vikings QB Brett Favre not active in early stages of Thursday practice

.......he was out there on the practice field and still might test it today.

Could it be smoke and mirrors? Yes. Its how things work in the NFL, but if you can't see that this staff is leaving the door open for him to try it, you are not seeing the forest for the trees my friend.

If he says he can go he will go.

My biggest fear is he will get the start and then get taken off and then we will hear it from the press. What a circus.

Because this is called a "sprain" many people don't understand it.

Brett ain't gonna play and there won't be any doubt or difficult decision because he simply won't be able to throw.

That's not like a bad ankle that allows him to run with pain at a reduced speed.....it's an entirely different thing.

If you can't throw, you can't play QB.

So relax.....him playing on Sunday would be a miracle akin to the Virgin Birth.
    --John Wooden

Quote Originally Posted by "Infidel" #1082557
    Because this is called a "sprain" many people don't understand it.

Brett ain't gonna play and there won't be any doubt or difficult decision because he simply won't be able to throw.

That's not like a bad ankle that allows him to run with pain at a reduced speed.....it's an entirely different thing.

If you can't throw, you can't play QB.

So relax.....him playing on Sunday would be a miracle akin to the Virgin Birth.
    I hope your right.

If that cat takes the field Sunday our organization will loose alot of credibility across the league and us fans will bare the brunt of it in the work place even more than we are now.

Well done, my friend.

You sound like you are beginning to believe.

Good to see this willingness to be open to Favre facts.

The streak will go into the record books at 297 for one reason.....you can't fake a throw.

You can either throw a football or not......you can't fake it.

It's a pass/fail test and you CANNOT fool a coach.
    --John Wooden

Quote Originally Posted by "Infidel" #1082561
    Well done, my friend.

You sound like you are beginning to believe.

Good to see this willingness to be open to Favre facts.

The streak will go into the record books at 297 for one reason.....you can't fake a throw.

You can either throw a football or not......you can't fake it.

It's a pass/fail test and you CANNOT fool a coach.
    Don't assume that just because I can acknowledge that your discussion point makes sense because only a lame organization would run out a lame broke dick QB (thus the title of the thread), doens't mean that I still don't think they are giving him every chance to play this weekend.

I still say that if the Noodle says, I can go, he will go. Its been mandated by the owner and one HC got fired over trying to buck that mandate.

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast