Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast
    12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

Free Head Exam: Minnesota Vikings

Free Head Exam

And here is one issue I don't get:

Readers are flooding my inbox with hope-filled messages about backup quarterback Tarvaris Jackson, who finished Sunday's game with an 85.0 passer rating after replacing Favre. I don't get it. I agree that Jackson made some nice throws and once again displayed his mobility in critical times. But he also threw three interceptions, one of which was returned for a touchdown, and was assisted on both of his touchdown passes by acrobatic receiver Sidney Rice. I didn't think Jackson's performance suggested he has made significant progress during his time behind Favre, and a quarterback in his fifth season shouldn't benefit from a grading curve that allows us to overlook such mistakes in favor of the potential displayed. But I'm sure you're tired of hearing that from me.
    Looks like Seifert has got his head on straight.
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Free Head Exam: Minnesota Vikings

Quote Originally Posted by "12purplepride28" #1081789
    Free Head Exam

Readers are flooding my inbox with hope-filled messages about backup quarterback Tarvaris Jackson, who finished Sunday's game with an 85.0 passer rating after replacing Favre. I don't get it. I agree that Jackson made some nice throws and once again displayed his mobility in critical times. But he also threw three interceptions, one of which was returned for a touchdown, and was assisted on both of his touchdown passes by acrobatic receiver Sidney Rice. I didn't think Jackson's performance suggested he has made significant progress during his time behind Favre, and a quarterback in his fifth season shouldn't benefit from a grading curve that allows us to overlook such mistakes in favor of the potential displayed. But I'm sure you're tired of hearing that from me.
    Well atleast on the first Rice TD. The second was a perfect pass after TJ extended the play and waited for him to come open.

Funny how people are mixing the two together. Another one that I was impressed with was the throw to BB in the endzone when BB was held. That was a perfect backshoulder pass just inside the cone that only BB was gonna get if he wasn't held.

On that one, like the second TD to Rice, TJ waited for the play to develop before throwing.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1081818
    Free Head Exam

Well atleast on the first Rice TD. The second was a perfect pass after TJ extended the play and waited for him to come open.

Funny how people are mixing the two together. Another one that I was impressed with was the throw to BB in the endzone when BB was held. That was a perfect backshoulder pass just inside the cone that only BB was gonna get if he wasn't held.

On that one, like the second TD to Rice, TJ waited for the play to develop before throwing.
    So a couple good passes? Weird I got ripped on by you for even suggesting Favre had a few good passes with his high INT games. I am having so much fun today! So many excuses today. Isn't that what you called mine? HAHA

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

He has his head on straight by making the claim that Jackson hasn't significantly improved after... one game?

Quote Originally Posted by "marstc09" #1081827
    Free Head Exam

So a couple good passes? Weird I got ripped on by you for even suggesting Favre had a few good passes with his high INT games. I am having so much fun today! So many excuses today. Isn't that what you called mine? HAHA
    Rip away. When it comes to the Noodle and my analysis of his play, I am sure I have it coming.

Doesn't mean I am wrong or right with either TJ or the Noodle. Just means I have an opinion. :P
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by "Mr Anderson" #1081830
    He has his head on straight by making the claim that Jackson hasn't significantly improved after... one game?
    ......Snicker.........

Your a crafty man my friend. I hope we get to see him against the Giants and then the Bores and then the Iggles and then the Lions.

Then, and only then, do I think any of us can say that we know for sure (as fans) that TJ is ready or not ready.

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1081835
    Quote Originally Posted by "Mr Anderson" #1081830
    ......Snicker.........

Your a crafty man my friend. I hope we get to see him against the Giants and then the Bores and then the Iggles and then the Lions.

Then, and only then, do I think any of us can say that we know for sure (as fans) that TJ is ready or not ready.
    What if he does not get that chance? Favre seems ok. Then what? We go into the next season thinking he might be able to do it? I don't think so. As a fan I have a right to judge. I am sorry but after hearing the Bills had 4 picks all year up until this game, I am not impressed at all! What happens when he gets the spotlight again to start against a quality team? My guess is that he goes back to the guy we all know from the past and what we saw with our own eyes Sunday. I am convinced he is not the future on this team. I base that on actions of our coaches and players on begging Favre back and my own eyes. Maybe I am wrong but I highly doubt it. It is time to draft a QB in the 1st and I am willing to bet the next coach will.

Infidel is offline Star Spokesman

Favre seems ok.
    While it's possible they could let Favre start against the Giants, I don't think he'll play much.

His injury is different this time and even the great Favre is not superhuman. A shoulder injury to the throwing side is a crippling injury for a QB.

I think we'll get a good look at Jackson. Maybe more than we want to see.
    It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.
    --John Wooden

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Free Head Exam

So when Shank or Harvin lay out to make catches, it means Favre threw a bad pass, but when Rice does it with TJ, its a good throw?

ALso, rewatch the first TD to Rice, he got away with a bit of PI on that one, just noticed that last night.

Quote Originally Posted by "Infidel" #1081845
    Favre seems ok.
    While it's possible they could let Favre start against the Giants, I don't think he'll play much.

His injury is different this time and even the great Favre is not superhuman. A shoulder injury to the throwing side is a crippling injury for a QB.

I think we'll get a good look at Jackson. Maybe more than we want to see.
    Leslie expects Favre to play.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/Minnesota-Vikings-Leslie-Frazier-expects-Brett-Favre-to-play-120610?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast