Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    313zoe is offline Starter
    Blog Entries

Free Agent Targets

I think they should sign Greg Hardy he's a play maker and it would be nice to have him and Robinson on tha Ends

Minniman is offline Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by slavinator View Post
    I also tweeted this earlier. Larry Fitzgerald was being interviewed by AZ radio today while in NY. When they discussed if he watches the playoff games or roots for any team he said:

"I don't cheer for any team and I wont watch the playoffs. Im a fan of the Minnesota Vikings, that's it."

Pretty cool to hear!! There is no way we can get him but it was great to hear!
    Yeah, ... why didn't he just wait until free agency to punch his ticket to Minnesota ... ?

purplepat is offline Hall of Famer
    [QUOTE=Minniman;1151393]Which free agents should the Vikings target hard? Please, name just a few, as the Vikings cannot bring in everyone.

QUOTE]

1st, target re-signing Jared Allen for another 3 years. He isn't going to get $14M a year to play anywhere, or $10M a year for that matter. Something in the $7M/yr range should be about right for both sides.

I agree that Linval Joseph would be a great target in FA

Also liking Alterraun Verner at CB.
    SKOL VIKINGS!

Ted Dibiase is offline Rookie
    I haven't seen Joseph play but he's only 25 and apparently coming off three good seasons. Sounds like he's looking to get around 6 million. Getting the middle of the D line shored up in free agency would be huge. Then they can use that first pick to either get their QB or one of those talented pass rushing OLB's. If free agency nets big signings at DT and CB I will be psyched.

drewlovs is offline Asst. Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by Minniman View Post
    The Vikings now have a great new QB coach who is known to turn around careers of veteran NFL quarterbacks.

Oh, well ... maybe not.
    LOL! That is awesome... that hire didn't go down well for you, did it?
    Men are moved by two levers only: fear and self interest.

~Napoleon Bonaparte on Politics

Quote Originally Posted by drewlovs View Post
    LOL! That is awesome... that hire didn't go down well for you, did it?
    Apparently not.

Oh well, ... maybe young Turner will do a good job. I would have rather had an NFL veteran like Brett Favre or Brad Johnson coaching up a young quarterback, but some great coaches were never good players.

drewlovs is offline Asst. Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by Minniman View Post
    Apparently not.

Oh well, ... maybe young Turner will do a good job. I would have rather had an NFL veteran like Brett Favre or Brad Johnson coaching up a young quarterback, but some great coaches were never good players.
    This.
    Men are moved by two levers only: fear and self interest.

~Napoleon Bonaparte on Politics

2beersTommy is offline Team Alumni

313zoe is offline Starter
    Blog Entries

Free Agent Targets

It wouldn't be bad to bring in Alterraun Verner, Vontae Davis, Sam Shields, Corey Graham anyone of these CB would be an upgrade

On defense:

Greg Hardy, - DE - Carolina Panthers

Linval Joseph - DT/NT - New York Giants

The Vikings would do well to go after a veteran cornerback ....
    Hardy got tagged, so he was out, but that meant the cornerback, Munnerlyn, was available because Carolina was up against the cap. Bringing in Cox has more upside than risk. Both Munnerlyn and Cox attack the football.

Linval Joseph was the DT I wanted the Vikings to target in the OP, so I am happy with that pick up. Joseph is very good against the run, and he pushes back the pile up front. Joseph could make a huge difference on defense.

The Vikings went with youth, Everson Griffen, over reputation, Jared Allen, at DE. I hope that works out. Jared wants starter money, but I do not think his tank has starter fuel for every game.

The Vikings may now be looking to draft a linebacker at number eight and perhaps a quarterback in round two or three.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast