Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    oldschoolmikey is offline Starter

Fred (toast) Smoot

Check this article out and the stat about our new cornerback.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft05/columns/story?columnist=clayton_john&id=2037937 ops:

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Fred (toast) Smoot

He is our #2 CB anyway...I think that he will do JUST FINE!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

In the words of Stewart Scott:

"Let the haters hate and let the players play" (or something to that effect).

If the ESPN columnists want to talk about someone who gets burnt, (and is grossly overpaid as well) they need to be talking about Champ Bailey. I saw him get roasted against Oakland this past season 2-3 times, and Im talking about for long touchdowns.

That being said, Smoot is a great CB and is especially a great #2 guy. I cant think of too many #2 WRs that will beat him.

Sig Created by MinnesotaFury

How about Donald Driver, Charles Rogers or even any Bears receiver? They are all capable.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

I'll take some jam (the receivers at the line of scrimmage, that is) on that TOAST, thank you very much!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

"oldschoolmikey" wrote:
    How about Donald Driver, Charles Rogers or even any Bears receiver? They are all capable.
    Of course they are capable, I mean even Todd Pinkston is capable of beating anyone. On paper, however, Fred Smoot has the advantage over those guys you mentioned.

Also remember that he was the number 1 in Washington, so all of his stats, etc. come from him manning up with #1 guys.

EDIT: Before I get ahead of myself...was Smoot the #1 CB in Wash, or was Springs?

Springs was the #1, and on paper Smoot was one of the three top most burnt in 2004/2005.

"oldschoolmikey" wrote:
    Springs was the #1, and on paper Smoot was one of the three top most burnt in 2004/2005.
    They actually made a list for that? Do you have it by any chance? I just want to read it out of curiosity.

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

He's better than what he used to have! The truth is, he's a good shut down corner, no matter what some stats say, and giving up 3 touchdowns in a whole season isn't that bad, at least i dont think so. I'll tell you what, I'll let every corner we have give up three TD's this year, that would give our oppsotion about 15 touchdowns, or one a game. That would be HALF of the passing TD's we have up last year, I'll take it.

"ltrey33" wrote:
    He's better than what he used to have! The truth is, he's a good shut down corner, no matter what some stats say, and giving up 3 touchdowns in a whole season isn't that bad, at least i dont think so. I'll tell you what, I'll let every corner we have give up three TD's this year, that would give our oppsotion about 15 touchdowns, or one a game. That would be HALF of the passing TD's we have up last year, I'll take it.
    Good points. It is all about keeping the other team from scoring, right? The way they figure those stats is by calculating the percentage of passes completed on each CB. Who's to say that all of the passes aren't for 1 yard? Champ Bailey, who is supposed to be the cream of the crop at the CB position, let Jerry Porter eat him up for 135 yards and 3 TDs.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast