Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    RandyMoss8404 is offline Hall of Famer

Fred Smoot might come in and mess this whole win streak up..

Think about it.

Without Fred Smoot, our defense is simply...better.

Darren Sharper can roam instead of backing his side, we have two aggressive corners who can press receivers and still make plays in coverage...

Which to me says that Brian Williams might not have been the problem last year - he's not an overly fast corner, but neither is Ty Law - however, law has always had a good free safety putting a roof over his head. Maybe that's all B-Will needed, and I was incorrect in calling for his head.

But Fred Smoot is playing horrible. And I mean awful. And that myth about him being a better cover corner than 'toine needs to go away. And now he's healed, and back. And with a 37 million dollar contract, I bet we start him.

And then I bet it all falls apart :-(.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWgAayphx7Y
    "He s done it! Portugal is through!"

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Fred Smoot might come in and mess this whole win streak up..

I think if he gets back in, you keep the same D philosophy, and we don't put him out there to hang BY HIMSELF.

I think he will be fine. I think that what we forgot is we are a team. I think that the other players and the coach expected him to play by himself without help. Got to mix it up. I don't think he hurts us.

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

When against carolina, dude you've lost your mind man. Smoot is a good CB, who had one bad game, which was not his fault! You can't expect any CB to cover smith, he's way to quick and fast, plus we had no pass rush.

I'm a big Brian Williams fan but just because Smoot is just as good if not better.

The only thing i dont like about smoot is how he constantly runs his mouth, i prefer someone who just gets the job done, see winfield.

Re: Fred Smoot might come in and mess this whole win streak

"RandyMoss8404" wrote:
    Which to me says that Brian Williams might not have been the problem last year - he's not an overly fast corner, but neither is Ty Law - however, law has always had a good free safety putting a roof over his head. Maybe that's all B-Will needed, and I was incorrect in calling for his head.
    By know means am I knocking B-Will. I just think that Fred can be an asset if he is used in the right way.

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

By the way Brian Williams was never the problem, it was our pass rush.

LuckyVike is offline Team Alumni

I seriously doubt Fred Smoot can cause us to lose.
    The best part of my day is when I get down on my knees, with my head in my hands, and thank GOD for everything he has given me.

"vikingstw" wrote:
    When against carolina, dude you've lost your mind man. Smoot is a good CB, who had one bad game, which was not his fault! You can't expect any CB to cover smith, he's way to quick and fast, plus we had no pass rush.

I'm a big Brian Williams fan but just because Smoot is just as good if not better.

The only thing i dont like about smoot is how he constantly runs his mouth, i prefer someone who just gets the job done, see winfield.

The Bears managed to cover him by getting pressure on DelHomme and playing D in a team concept.

"RandyMoss8404" wrote:
    But Fred Smoot is playing horrible. And I mean awful. And that myth about him being a better cover corner than 'toine needs to go away. And now he's healed, and back. And with a 37 million dollar contract, I bet we start him.
    I think the money is why people have a bad taste in their mouth about Fred. To this point, he has proven he is overpaid. But we need to see him work some more.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Smoot will be just fine...and if he isn't, Tice needs to sit him and let BWill have a shot at it! The reason: Tice needs to coach like his job is on the line and his every move could tip the balance for or against him! That is probably the case anyway, so he needs to start coaching like it is!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

UndisputedVike is offline Coordinator

In my opinion I think Fred is a good corner, Problem is...He's WAY to fragile he gets hurt ALL the time I live in Maryland I watched the skins play when he was there cause my father is a skins fan.

And almost everygame he was hurt, Also he doesn't wrap up his tackles he goes for a big hit in which each time he messes up his shoulders and doesn't phase them.

Other than that he's a good corner, Good speed andhis height is a plus for a corner. Plus he had a good teacher in Champ Bailey for 2 years so he knows what he's doing.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast