Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Fred Smoot

Re: Fred Smoot

"favre4ever" wrote:
    Sharper, most picks in the league. Have you watched him play the last two years?
    yeah it's hard to get alot of picks when your the only player on that side of the ball , he's the only good d back u had

http://justlube.net/?page_id=44

Paulbedy59 is offline Coordinator

I agree.sharper had a couple of down years running around trying to make up for everyone else.As far as SI goes.One of these days I,m going to be walking down a street and run into Dr Z ! Lookout baby! :boxing:
    If winning isn,t everything,why keep score?

collegeguyjeff is offline Hall of Famer

this isn't hard to belive coming from sports illustrated, they always hated us.
    I don t buy Wisconsin cheese.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"favre4ever" wrote:
    Sharper, most picks in the league. Have you watched him play the last two years?
    Yeah, trying to cover for Batman and Whoopi's inadequacies...now he will have Winfield and Smoot taking care of their business, so he will be free to roam the secondary and make more plays...his play will definitely benefit positively!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

soljaofjesus is offline Training Camp

Redskins fan here. stop belling achin.. THe media hates on teh redskins more then ne other football.. y because they know we are going to the top .. just like we beat THE VIKINGS and unknown guy Garnell Wilds held his own against who? RANDY MOSS .. sean taylor was beast that game and held his own against RANDY MOSS as well. REDSKINS 2005!!

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"soljaofjesus" wrote:
    Redskins fan here. stop belling achin.. THe media hates on teh redskins more then ne other football.. y because they know we are going to the top .. just like we beat THE VIKINGS and unknown guy Garnell Wilds held his own against who? RANDY MOSS .. sean taylor was beast that game and held his own against RANDY MOSS as well. REDSKINS 2005!!
    Now we all know why the Vikings got rid of Moss...because "unknown guy" Garnell Wilds "held his own against Moss"...I think the only thing Wilds held was Moss...or his own jock! :lol:
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

"soljaofjesus" wrote:
    :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
    I wish that Redskins fans would quit joking around. Are you kidding? Come on. Tell me who your QB is? Just because you have Gibbs back doesn't mean you are going to the super bowl. You have a good D but you need to get serious. Us vikings fans don't see us as SB champs unless we get a legit WR. I am sure Brunell will carry you on his back to the SB with Santana Moss. You don't even have the best MOSS in the league on your team. It is a pathetic.

Del Rio Guest

5. Fred Smoot, Minnesota -- Others would rate Smoot much higher than fifth, based solely on his pure coverage skills, which may be better than anybody else's on this list. But Smoot is also the least physical of these five cornerbacks, and with the sorry state of run defense and the restrictions placed on pass defenders in the NFL these days, being able to use your body a little bit is more important than ever. In summary, we think Smoot has been overrated. Maybe not to Champ Bailey levels (another ex-Redskins cornerback, perhaps that's the key), but at least in a relative sense compared to the rest of the league's upper-tier cornerbacks.

There are also those within the league who believe Smoot is a potential off-field problem waiting to happen. While he had no character issues in his four seasons in Washington, there were lingering questions dating from his college days at Mississippi State, and some teams were determined to shy away from him in free agency because of it.

We'll say this much for him: He chose well in signing with the Vikings. With the scrappy Antoine Winfield lining up on the other side of the field, Smoot doesn't have to walk in the door as Minnesota's No. 1 cornerback and face everybody's top receiver. That's Winfield's job, and he's usually up to the challenge. Smoot certainly talks a No. 1 game, but his skills are better suited to a secondary or complementary role.

Smoot is a bit overrated we have had Redskin fans here to let us know he got a great deal compared to what he can actually do on the field. I mean look what he is getting himself into here. He has accumulated a measly 182 tackles in his entire NFL carreer that is 4 seasons worth. Our corners last year made mid 80's each. That's in one season.

He's not a tackling kind of guy and recently our corners are being forced to be mini LB's. He will be forced to tackle and tackle often. And that can throw off his coverage game. Then again the last few years the Redskins have had a good group on D so maybe he just didn't have the opportunity to make the stops.

He is unproven as far as I'm concerned. He flew in the shadow of Bailey and now he is coming to a Minnesota team who is not kind to it's DB's and playing for a skeleton crew of a coaching staff. One thing is for sure he will have every opportunity to make believers out of the critics here.

No doubt he is better then what we had in some ways, but I do think he is a bit over-rated myself.

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

soljaofjesus :violent3:

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"soljaofjesus" wrote:

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast