Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    BBQ Platypus is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    Interesting you brought that up. had you been watching the Giants you would see the reason they turned the season around:

Fewell Has Giantsí Defense Dominating at Right Time | GiantsFootballBlog.com
    This applies specifically to the game against the Falcons, not the Packers. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt here and assume they continued it. However, the Chiefs, IIRC, actually called a lot of zone plays when they beat the Packers. As did the Vikings when we swept them two years ago - Rodgers was scarcely less a great quarterback then. But it is indeed interesting that the lowly, outdated 4-3 defense defeated the mighty unstoppable Packers. I seem to recall hearing from some people on this board that we HAD to switch to the 3-4 in order to remain competitive in the division!

It will not matter what scheme this defense switches to if it does not have the personnel to run it. My preference is to stick with four down linemen, regardless of whether they primarily make use of man or zone coverage. The roster is not talented enough to be suited to run our current scheme effectively. It is really, really, really, really, really, really, REALLY, supremely times infinity not suited to run a 3-4.
    Last edited by BBQ Platypus; 01-16-2012 at 04:05 PM.

"This is my timey-wimey detector. It goes ding when there's stuff."

I agree we have to stay with the 4-3. Our defense isnt that far off. We need to strenghthen the middle of our defense. A DT, MLB and safeties. Sorry but EJ is not the same as he was. We had to many injuries in secondary in regards to corners. Thought Cook looked good until his bonehead move. Cedric should be better next year. Knee will be better. So all that being said. I yearn to see the days of our past great Ds. Whether it is T2 or other variation.

skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries
    The Vikings requested permission to interview Colts DB Coach Alan Williams for their DC position. Should take place in morning

Via @JasonLaConfora

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BBQ Platypus View Post
    This applies specifically to the game against the Falcons, not the Packers. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt here and assume they continued it. However, the Chiefs, IIRC, actually called a lot of zone plays when they beat the Packers. As did the Vikings when we swept them two years ago - Rodgers was scarcely less a great quarterback then. But it is indeed interesting that the lowly, outdated 4-3 defense defeated the mighty unstoppable Packers. I seem to recall hearing from some people on this board that we HAD to switch to the 3-4 in order to remain competitive in the division!

It will not matter what scheme this defense switches to if it does not have the personnel to run it. My preference is to stick with four down linemen, regardless of whether they primarily make use of man or zone coverage. The roster is not talented enough to be suited to run our current scheme effectively. It is really, really, really, really, really, really, REALLY, supremely times infinity not suited to run a 3-4.
    KC runs a 3-4 defense.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by skum View Post
    The Vikings requested permission to interview Colts DB Coach Alan Williams for their DC position. Should take place in morning

Via @JasonLaConfora
    Well, they have clearly had the premier secondary in the NFL over the past several years so there is no way we could go wrong there. Hell, they won 2 games this year.

I am sure glad Frazier is not like Childress bringing in players and coaches from the last team he coached on.

MulletMullitia is offline PP.O Ambassador
    Blog Entries

Via @JasonLaConfora
    I'm gonna fucking puke. The whole staff here in Indy is a joke! And their secondary was the only one in the league that was worse than ours. I hate Rick Spielman. I hate Leslie Frazier. I hate Zygi Wilf. Our franchise is a laughing stock!

Sorry Rick! Keep up the good work.

Glad we are going after guys that were on teams with a stellar defense.

Colts, jags, bucs... WTF

MulletMullitia is offline PP.O Ambassador
    Blog Entries
    In Williams defense, Bill Polian never once addressed the secondary. So we can't really judge him on player talent. We have the same problem in Minnesota. Can't really blame Woods for the lack of talent in our secondary. It's becoming more and more obvious that we need to draft Morris Claiborne at #3.

Sorry Rick! Keep up the good work.

seaniemck7 is offline Hall of Famer

Via @JasonLaConfora
    I am not sure I can defend another T2 guy, but this guy has a lot of experience with DBs. If we need any coaching help its with our defensive backfield. That being said, it has been a couple of years since Indy had a standout DB.

On a personal note, he is from Norfolk, VA.

smegmavike is offline Coordinator

Via @JasonLaConfora
    Clearly nobody wants the job. Would you?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast