Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Frazier's QB approach may have to yield to reality

Frazier's QB approach may have to yield to Vikings reality

Souhan: Frazier's QB approach may have to yield to Vikings reality | Star Tribune

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

MaxVike is online now Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    Frazier's QB approach may have to yield to Vikings reality

Souhan: Frazier's QB approach may have to yield to Vikings reality | Star Tribune
    A great follow-up to his column yesterday. Souhan has nailed the QB situation in his last two pieces.

A relevant comparison to Frazier's philosophy to the success of three, THREE, previous Vikings coaches. If I don't perform at work, I will get fired. It is time to start holding Ponder accountable for his performance, mental mistakes, lapses, interceptions, stupid fumbles, etc. As Souhan points out, last year's patience was rewarded...thanks almost solely to Adrian Peterson. I say almost, because Ponder did have a couple of decent, mistake free games down the stretch. This year, we fans won't be that patient, and, I'm suggesting that neither should Spielman, or Wilf(s) for that matter.

Oh, I'm also insulted by the vision of Ponder on the sideline laughing and shrugging off an interception Sunday...not good. Did anyone else see that? Great QBs simply do not act that way...EVER.

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxVike View Post
    Oh, I'm also insulted by the vision of Ponder on the sideline laughing and shrugging off an interception Sunday...not good. Did anyone else see that? Great QBs simply do not act that way...EVER.
    Ponder is not a great QB and never will be.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

MaxVike is online now Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mac D View Post
    Obviously, that's what my point is...thanks.

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

Reignman is offline Asst. Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxVike View Post
    Derek Anderson did ... oh wait, you said great QB's, nvm.

Quote Originally Posted by C Mac D View Post
    To make matters worse, Frazier is not a great coach and never will be. Not good for a team still trying to win it's first bowl.

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Whats the beef with Fraiser? Not his fault he was handed this pot to piss in. The roster's make up is all Rick. We blame Fraiser for the piss poor talent but praise Rick for drafting them?????

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    Whats the beef with Fraiser? Not his fault he was handed this pot to piss in. The roster's make up is all Rick. We blame Fraiser for the piss poor talent but praise Rick for drafting them?????
    To be fair, Spielman wasn't promoted officially to the GM role until 2012, and his two drafts since were pretty damn good. What the selection process was like before 2012 is anyone's guess, but there's no doubting something's changed for the better.

I'm not overly thrilled with the free agent acquisitions, but also wasn't all that excited about the free agents there were to choose from at our positions of need. This coming off season(yes, I know it's only week one) depending on what happens, Cutler and Hakeem Nicks could be available. We're going to have some cap room if Allen and Williams both walk, which they likely will. It's a very strong upcoming draft for d-line. Could get interesting.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    We have a lot of talent, it's his job to get the most out of that talent. Not sure we saw that in week 1(or atleast I hope not).

I'm not jumping on the coach, OC, QB, or GM after 1 game, but when we lose those are the guys who are going to get the blame(and when we win it's cause AD).

Caine is offline Jersey Retired
    1: I saw Ponder laugh off the first INT too...and at first I had the same reaction you did. Then I thought about it and realized that QB's need to have short memories on stuff like that. After all, he has to have the CONFIDENCE TO MAKE THROWS .....

...of course, it would be nice if he had the SKILL to make throws.

I have never been on board with the Frazier hiring - most know that. I find it incredibly disturbing that his HC path should so closely mirror his predecessor. One would have thought that Leslie would have seen Jackson drag Childress down the crapper and said, "Oh HELL no"....but nope, he's doing the SAME DAMN THING.

Bench Ponder, Fire Frazier, Fire Musgrave, Fire Williams, FIRE WILF.

Caine

smegmavike is offline Coordinator
    Bench Ponder, Fire Frazier, Fire Musgrave, Fire Williams, FIRE WILF. Move to LA and relieve us from this perpetual nightmare ! lol.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast