skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries

Fraziers Monday Presser

Bernard Berrian will be back at practice Wednesday. "Donít foresee any future problems."

"We fully expect Bernard to help our football team, be successful in 2011 and look forward to him making a major contribution."

Frazier standing by McNabb despite accuracy. "Thatís something heís got to continue to work on, making throws that need to be made."

"I think our players and our ownership have confidence in our quarterback and the rest of our ballclub as well."

"Weíre not at the point of second-guessing whether Donovan can help us win against Chicago."

"We have to be successful at the QB position...in order for our team to reach its goal."

Frazier on Winfield: "Weíre hoping, kind of got our fingers crossed. Ö Heís making progress, but weíll see. Heís kind of day to day."

Harvin will get a game ball for his blocking yesterday. I agree with wholeheartedly. Harvin was phenomenal.

Frazier: "Sometimes [turnovers] come in bunches...that's the way it was yesterday."

"the Blazer package is still part of the offense"

"Jared Allen is off to a great start...his renewed interest in being the best DE in the NFL has encouraged him to do well."

"We don't want to shortchange Devin [Aromashodu], he's done some good things."

Qoutes from KFAN, AJ Mansour and Tom Peliserro via Twitter.

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    The coaching staff's insistence on sticking with McNabb has me worried for two reasons:

1.) Our other QBs must look worse? Is that possible?
    2.) The coaches seriously think he gives us the best chance to win.

I fear #2 the most. Just hope our coaching staff isn't as incapable of recognizing talent and utilizing it (thought we Fired Childress... pretty sure he just shaved his mustache and goes by 'Musgrave' now). Then again, if they were able to recognize talent, Mistral Raymond would be on the field... so would Ponder or Webb.

McNabb is a #3 QB at best. Curtis Painter is even playing head-and-shoulders better than McNabb.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by C Mac D View Post
    The coaching staff's insistence on sticking with McNabb has me worried for two reasons:

1.) Our other QBs must look worse? Is that possible?
    2.) The coaches seriously think he gives us the best chance to win.

I fear #2 the most. Just hope our coaching staff isn't as incapable of recognizing talent and utilizing it (thought we Fired Childress... pretty sure he just shaved his mustache and goes by 'Musgrave' now). Then again, if they were able to recognize talent, Mistral Raymond would be on the field... so would Ponder or Webb.

McNabb is a #3 QB at best. Curtis Painter is even playing head-and-shoulders better than McNabb.
    I don't understand what Frazier sees in Mcnabb either. I think it has to do more with their personal relationship that on the field play. How many more bounce passes do they have to see? The guy just isn't cutting it, give the younger guys a chance. Ya Mcnabbs feelers may be hurt, but look at the spark Tebow gave the whole bronco team.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    I listened to the press conference and hearing Leslie talk actually made me sentimental for the Chiller presages. I understand holding the company line and keeping things in house but if he really believes they are going to improve on McNabbs play then I think Wilf better start looking at his buyout clause because he is in over his head.

Freakout is offline Coordinator
    Blog Entries
    Loyalty.

Don't forget that Frazier had every intention of finishing last season with a broken down beat up Brett Favre. Had he not gotten injured Jackson nor Webb would have seen the field.

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Quote Originally Posted by Freakout View Post
    Loyalty.

Don't forget that Frazier had every intention of finishing last season with a broken down beat up Brett Favre. Had he not gotten injured Jackson nor Webb would have seen the field.
    I still have trouble watching that clip where Fraizer is kissing Favre's ass, telling him "No one will ever do what you did..." while Favre just stands there nodding.

C'mon, our coaching staff comes off like a bunch of lost children groveling over past success. Over the past decade, the Vikings have shown absolutely zero ability to groom an NFL ready QB, and I simply don't see it in this staff either. I realize Ponder hasn't had a chance to play yet, but I'm not convinced he's the answer anyways.

In the meantime, Green Bay got another HOF quarterback.... oh, and lighting finally struck in Detroit, because Stafford is on fire.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Well, we did develop both Culpepper and Tommy Kramer. And we did draft Brad Johnson and Rich Gannon so that almost makes us a QB factory.