COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Frazier's interview with Miami Dolphins was not just to fill Rooney Rule require

http://www.twincities.com/vikings/ci_7917078

Vikings defensive coordinator Leslie Frazier is getting a fair interview with the Miami Dolphins, said the chairman of an organization dedicated to promoting diversity in NFL front offices.

Despite numerous reports about the vacancy, including one that the club already has decided to hire Dallas Cowboys assistant head coach Tony Sparano, Fritz Pollard Alliance chairman John Wooten said he is confident no agreement is in place.

"I know that (Bill) Parcells is very close to Tony Sparano and that he's probably his No. 1 guy. But I also believe that he hasn't made a deal with him. I can't fathom Parcells or Sparano doing anything to jeopardize either of their clubs with tampering," Wooten said...
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

stateVIKE44 is offline Pro-Bowler

Re: Frazier's interview with Miami Dolphins was not just to fill Rooney Rule require

"COJOMAY" wrote:

Vikings defensive coordinator Leslie Frazier is getting a fair interview with the Miami Dolphins, said the chairman of an organization dedicated to promoting diversity in NFL front offices.

Despite numerous reports about the vacancy, including one that the club already has decided to hire Dallas Cowboys assistant head coach Tony Sparano, Fritz Pollard Alliance chairman John Wooten said he is confident no agreement is in place.

"I know that (Bill) Parcells is very close to Tony Sparano and that he's probably his No. 1 guy. But I also believe that he hasn't made a deal with him. I can't fathom Parcells or Sparano doing anything to jeopardize either of their clubs with tampering," Wooten said...
    He didn't care to explain why Parcells has already began hiring coordinators then? Seems fishy to me....pun intended ;D
    "I play for the love of the game; I play because there is no greater feeling than hearing 80,000 fans screaming when you smack somebody!"
    ~ Jared Allen

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame

Re: Frazier's interview with Miami Dolphins was not just to fill Rooney Rule require

"COJOMAY" wrote:

That's a bunch of crap.... He's clearly interviewing bc of the rooney rule... he has no history with Bill Parcels and his agent is Jimmy Sexton who by the way is Bill Parcells Agent, as well as the other guys who are interviewing.. ie.
    Mike Tice,
    Rex Ryan
    Todd haley
    Sporano

all the guys that are interviewing are his clients.. so it does two things, appears that they are interviewing a lot of candidates to be thorough.. and to get his clients exposure for future jobs.. So, really Frazier couldn't say no.... that's why they picked him.. bc there are other black coaches who may be more qualified.. i.e. Mike SIngletary...

So don't buy into it... you know BIll is BIll and he's gonna pick his guys... he has a plan and knows exactly what he wants...

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Frazier's interview with Miami Dolphins was not just to fill Rooney Rule req

What the hell was he supposed to say?

Oh yeah, we don't want him but he is a minority and we figured he wouldn't mind getting out of the cold for a day or 2.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"bleedpurple" wrote:
    "COJOMAY" wrote:

That's a bunch of crap.... He's clearly interviewing bc of the rooney rule... he has no history with Bill Parcels and his agent is Jimmy Sexton who by the way is Bill Parcells Agent, as well as the other guys who are interviewing.. ie.
    Mike Tice,
    Rex Ryan
    Todd haley
    Sporano

all the guys that are interviewing are his clients.. so it does two things, appears that they are interviewing a lot of candidates to be thorough.. and to get his clients exposure for future jobs.. So, really Frazier couldn't say no.... that's why they picked him.. bc there are other black coaches who may be more qualified.. i.e. Mike SIngletary...

So don't buy into it... you know BIll is BIll and he's gonna pick his guys... he has a plan and knows exactly what he wants...

Isn't that what many of you tried telling me last year when I said don't be surprised if Tomlin is signed away?

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Mr-holland is offline Team Alumni

Re: Frazier's interview with Miami Dolphins was not just to fill Rooney Rule req

The big diffrence is that Tomlin has created this strong Defence, and that Frazier had the luck to can build on what Tomlin created. that doesn't help his chances to becomming a HC. Give him 2+ years
    Rosie O'Donnell is a dude!

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"Mr-holland" wrote:
    The big diffrence is that Tomlin has created this strong Defence, and that Frazier had the luck to can build on what Tomlin created. that doesn't help his chances to becomming a HC. Give him 2+ years
    I do a bunch of hiring and firing.
    To date I have never hired a guy because of his resume. It only gets you past the HR guys for the interview.

If memory serves, the Tuna isn't conducting the interviews but only bringing the guys in for the GM to interview.

As with Tomlin (great point Singer), it might only be a token interview but who is to say he doesn't blow his socks off?
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

purplepowered is offline Pro-Bowler

I get so sick of Dcs going bye bye for Ocs here. and here we cit watching the playoffs and those Dcs of ours the year or two b4 are in the playoffs. Its total BS. It does get old. I hate it. I love offense but I feel like defense wins championships and that is why when i renamed my Vikes car this year i renamed it Purple People Eater II. to bring back the old days and have the feel we used to have around here. I want to have everyone remember who the those guys were who truely ARE the Vikings. THE BLACK AND BLUE division. To me thats football. Don't get me wrong I love the air attack but lets continue with the WWC or Williams wall. depends who is talking. But I cannot imagine we will keep pulling these guys out of nowhere to keep our defense moving forward without any kinks. Quit letting these guys go and pay them and hire them long term. Its obvious they can do their job.
    I am THE #1 Sidney Rice #18 Fan ever! Don't Be surprised when this kid IS a superstar! He is humble, smart, tough, talented and has alot of character! Takes alot of pride in his work, team, fans and life. Watch out for this kid! I think he is awesome! Everytime he touches the ball its MAGIC!