singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Frazier: 'We don't think we've played our best football yet'

Leslie Frazier: 'We don't think we've played our best football yet'

Minnesota Vikings' Leslie Frazier: 'We don't think we've played our best football yet' - TwinCities.com

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    'We don't think we've played our best football yet'
    I'm pretty sure that's obvious to all us fans.

A lot of ball is left to be played, and we can correct the flaws. We saw early in the season when he was hot and really leading us. We've got a lot of work to do to get him back to that.
    He's been saying we can correct the flaws since early in the season & he's still saying it, yet it appears our QB play is getting worse, not better. Whatever he's been doing, isn't working.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

rednorsk is offline Rookie
    Duh, when did you figure that out, coach. Your second dumb remark was that Ponder should stay in the pocket longer. What pocket, coach??? The offensive line couldn't block a little league team.
    None

digital420 is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    I'm pretty sure that's obvious to all us fans.

He's been saying we can correct the flaws since early in the season & he's still saying it, yet it appears our QB play is getting worse, not better. Whatever he's been doing, isn't working.
    agreed.

it's always said the D builds together faster then the O.. the problem is our D is sliding, and the O never really has come together. besides AP, Ph's # are falling (he is also now dbl teamed, shadowed.. and saught out by Ds), Rudy #'s have dropped... completly... Ellison is proving to be a good pickup, maybe he makes us forget JC.

the play calling went from scripted to.. repeat to death the 4 plays that arnt working and 1 that is.

unless they've spent this whole time working on SPT which actually has improved..

I was one of those that was highly impressed with the fast start the vikings had. the D seemed to by in synch from near the start. the O we knew was going to be a project for the year. where the D is improved from last year, and SPT has fixed many of it's previous issues, the O is sputtering.. if we didn't feature the best RB in the league.. we'd be batteling for 30 something spot again.

i'm not calling for a headcount yet, for me Frazier is building lets see what he can build.. dancing on that line is rustymusty. .he seems intelligent, and i wanna believe he has the right mind to play chess with our O.. but something is lacking, wether it's on production, execution, confusion, play schematics, or play calling something neeeeeeds changing. review it all.. why is rudy out of the picture? how many times should we throw a screen vs blitz.. what if you sent ph + js out deep on either side? why can't ponder make a pass?

fix your issues, and get some development made.. not just preached

DiGiTaL

"We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    The fact remains the poor showing by the offense is not the playcalling; Its the players. Everyone is blaming the Oline but that is because of a lack of understanding on how everything is tied together. Our Oline looked great early in the season, Why? That's because defenses were still playing Ponder and our offense honestly. Somewhere during the past 9 games, film was reviewed and it showed we can't complete anything longer than 10 yards. Defenses have begun to pack the line of scrimmage, This in turn makes it harder for the Oline to make the correct line calls as well as makes it easier to blitz any and everyone from any position. This proximity to the line keeps Harvin in check and slows AP up to be tackled, which stifles our offense. Until Ponder starts ripping them down field, defense will ignore the deep third of the field and clog everything.

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion
    They played their best football against the 49ers. As a fan I expect them to play their best football every freakin weekend. Maybe he could announce before every game whether they are going to play their best football or mediocre football or crappy football. That way we would all know whether it was worthwhile watching the game or not.

WWBGD

Broken record. This guy should run for politics as he talks but says nothing every week.
    I bet you could use a cool one huh Clark...Now you're talkin Eddie...