HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

Re: Frazier wants Fat Pat Back

Quote Originally Posted by "ThorSPL" #1092967
    Quote Originally Posted by "HEY" #1092848
    It's pronounced "Phat Pat" God damnit!
    You mean it's spelled???
    My bad! It's not always so easy when English isn't your first language.

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1092954
    Quote Originally Posted by "slavinator" #1092838
    I am still of the mindset that we go big in rnd 1 with (OL/DL). I think we get a QB rnd 2. And I dont think that there is anyway that Stanzi goes that high.
    I'm not sure I'm tracking with that. Just don't see them doing anything with OL. Rationale behind that is, if they thought Big Mac was an issue they would have jettisoned his contract last year when there was not chance of repurcussion from doing it. Same goes with Herrera.

Maybe, just maybe they will look at C at 12, but again, I just don't see that happening when I look at the type of Centers Musgrove likes. Both Sully and Coop seem to fit that bill.

Besides, for a OL to be good, there has to be consistency. If the OL starters are all healthy this year, I think we will see their play go back to the 2009 form or even better. I for one believe our OL play was sketch at times because of all the changes that happened throughout the year.

In the end, I just don't think they are looking at OL, especially early this year in the draft.
    Here is where I am coming from. WHile I believe that they will most likely go with a DL in rnd 1 then QB in rnd 2. If there is a guy who is an upgrade at any position I think we take him with an eye to remove non working parts of the line. While I am not ready to give up on Cooper or Sullivan based on what Musgrave likes to do, I still believe that Frazier believes in building from the lines and will look to impart that message with our first pick. It would have to be the right guy available for us to do it, I just dont think we gamble on a QB in round 1 or rather at least with #12 pick.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Quote Originally Posted by "slavinator" #1092977
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1092954
    Quote Originally Posted by "slavinator" #1092838
    I am still of the mindset that we go big in rnd 1 with (OL/DL). I think we get a QB rnd 2. And I dont think that there is anyway that Stanzi goes that high.
    I'm not sure I'm tracking with that. Just don't see them doing anything with OL. Rationale behind that is, if they thought Big Mac was an issue they would have jettisoned his contract last year when there was not chance of repurcussion from doing it. Same goes with Herrera.

Maybe, just maybe they will look at C at 12, but again, I just don't see that happening when I look at the type of Centers Musgrove likes. Both Sully and Coop seem to fit that bill.

Besides, for a OL to be good, there has to be consistency. If the OL starters are all healthy this year, I think we will see their play go back to the 2009 form or even better. I for one believe our OL play was sketch at times because of all the changes that happened throughout the year.

In the end, I just don't think they are looking at OL, especially early this year in the draft.
    Here is where I am coming from. WHile I believe that they will most likely go with a DL in rnd 1 then QB in rnd 2. If there is a guy who is an upgrade at any position I think we take him with an eye to remove non working parts of the line. While I am not ready to give up on Cooper or Sullivan based on what Musgrave likes to do, I still believe that Frazier believes in building from the lines and will look to impart that message with our first pick. It would have to be the right guy available for us to do it, I just dont think we gamble on a QB in round 1 or rather at least with #12 pick.
    I can track with that rationale. Problem for me still comes from that same aspect of drafting the BPA. If you look at this draft, OLmen value comes in at the bottom of each round with DLmen at the top of each round. If we take one, especially in the 1rst or 2nd, we would be reaching for a OLmen.

On a side note, when I went through all 7 rounds, I started reaching for OLmen in about round 5. Good quality at the top of the draft but it went off pretty quickly IMHO.

On a side note, I don't think that Leslie is gonna have a very big say in how this draft unfolds. I think this is all Spielman this year.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234