Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Frazier wants Fat Pat Back

Quote Originally Posted by "jargomcfargo" #1092528
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1092519
    Quote Originally Posted by "jargomcfargo" #1092479
    But you would be hard pressed to find a late round rookie with the skill set Pat had in his prime.
    I'm not sure I agree my friend. Paea and Taylor are right in there when it comes to what Phat Pat does as a 0 tech NT in our 4-3 scheme.

Truth of the matter is, some of the sites are now projecting Taylor ahead of Fairley with Fairley slipping into our range. Mostly because of the 1 year wonder thing but also some teams haven't really liked his interviews.

I listened to him on "Moving the Chains" last night. He sure wasn't very impressive when they were asking about his role in a "firezone blitz" or what he should do as the contain end if he was stunting with the DE.

Kirwan later explained that fans shouldn't pay to close attention to his poor interview cause his strength wasn't selling himself in a suite or on the chalkboard.

Long story short, I would take any of those 3 in a minute and let Phat Pat walk.
    You take one sentence from my post and respond to it out of context and ignore what that sentance actually says.
    You chose to ignore the phrase, 'in his prime', because it doesn't support your point. Yet go on to say you would take most any of the top tackles in this draft over Pat.
    Well hell Marty, we all would. But the post I was responding to said you could find someone to replace Pat in the later rounds.

I said I think it is time for Pat to go. Did you miss that.

For clarification, I don't want to replace Pat with a late round pick who can play as good as Pat plays now. I want to replace him with someone who can play like he did when he was in his prime.

Even though it happens,I think you have a hard time finding guys like that in the later rounds.
    I did nothing of the sort.

All I did was fail to mention, for the bazillionth time over the last 3 years, that I want them to take a DT early and not late. Lets try it again.....

I'm not sure I agree my friend. I don't think the staff is going to look in the later rounds for a replacement for Phat Pat, I think they will go after one early, say pick 12 or 43....

Paea and Taylor are right in there when it comes to what Phat Pat does as a 0 tech NT in our 4-3 scheme.

Truth of the matter is, some of the sites are now projecting Taylor ahead of Fairley with Fairley slipping into our range. Mostly because of the 1 year wonder thing but also some teams haven't really liked his interviews.

I listened to him on "Moving the Chains" last night. He sure wasn't very impressive when they were asking about his role in a "firezone blitz" or what he should do as the contain end if he was stunting with the DE.

Kirwan later explained that fans shouldn't pay to close attention to his poor interview cause his strength wasn't selling himself in a suite or on the chalkboard.

Long story short, I would take any of those 3 in a minute and let Phat Pat walk.
    Does that make more sense, and doesn't insult as much?
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by "slavinator" #1092529
    But you would be hard pressed to find a late round rookie with the skill set Pat had in his prime.
    I'm not sure I agree my friend. Paea and Taylor are right in there when it comes to what Phat Pat does as a 0 tech NT in our 4-3 scheme.

You take one sentence from my post and respond to it out of context and ignore what that sentance actually says.
    You chose to ignore the phrase, 'in his prime', because it doesn't support your point. Yet go on to say you would take most any of the top tackles in this draft over Pat.
    Well hell Marty, we all would. But the post I was responding to said you could find someone to replace Pat in the later rounds.

For clarification, I don't want to replace Pat with a late round pick who can play as good as Pat plays now. I want to replace him with someone who can play like he did when he was in his prime.

Even though it happens,I think you have a hard time finding guys like that in the later rounds.
    If there is a way that we could get Dareus he would be an instant upgrade IMO, but we wont get a shot at him.
    Looks like he has slipped a bit more over this week. I'm almost getting to the point were I am starting to think he might get to us at 12.

Even if I use a "Heavy Defense" rationale looking at the teams ahead of us, both Dareus and Liuget have a chance to be there at 12.

1. Carolina - Gabbert QB
    2. Denver - Fairley DT
    3. Bills - Newton QB
    4. Bengals - AJ Green WR
    5. Cards - Peterson CB
    6. Browns - Von Miller OLB
    7. 49rs - Quin - DE
    8. Titans - Amukamara CB
    9. Dallas - Ty Smith OT
    10. Deadskins - Jones WR
    11. Texans - JJ Watt DE
    12. Vikings -
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1092822

If there is a way that we could get Dareus he would be an instant upgrade IMO, but we wont get a shot at him.
    Looks like he has slipped a bit more over this week. I'm almost getting to the point were I am starting to think he might get to us at 12.

Even if I use a "Heavy Defense" rationale looking at the teams ahead of us, both Dareus and Liuget have a chance to be there at 12.

1. Carolina - Gabbert QB
    2. Denver - Fairley DT
    3. Bills - Newton QB
    4. Bengals - AJ Green WR
    5. Cards - Peterson CB
    7. 49rs - Quin - DE
    8. Titans - Amukamara CB
    9. Dallas - Ty Smith OT
    10. Deadskins - Jones WR
    11. Texans - JJ Watt DE
    12. Vikings -Ricky Stanzi
    Just thought I would throw that one out there lol.:woohoo:

Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1092834

1. Carolina - Gabbert QB
    2. Denver - Fairley DT
    3. Bills - Newton QB
    4. Bengals - AJ Green WR
    5. Cards - Peterson CB
    7. 49rs - Quin - DE
    8. Titans - Amukamara CB
    9. Dallas - Ty Smith OT
    10. Deadskins - Jones WR
    11. Texans - JJ Watt DE
    I am still of the mindset that we go big in rnd 1 with (OL/DL). I think we get a QB rnd 2. And I dont think that there is anyway that Stanzi goes that high.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "slavinator" #1092838

1. Carolina - Gabbert QB
    2. Denver - Fairley DT
    3. Bills - Newton QB
    4. Bengals - AJ Green WR
    5. Cards - Peterson CB
    7. 49rs - Quin - DE
    8. Titans - Amukamara CB
    9. Dallas - Ty Smith OT
    10. Deadskins - Jones WR
    11. Texans - JJ Watt DE
    I am still of the mindset that we go big in rnd 1 with (OL/DL). I think we get a QB rnd 2. And I dont think that there is anyway that Stanzi goes that high.
    I don't either but it doesn't stop me from having a little fun with it while the owners and players bitch about who is making how much.:laugh:

HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

It's pronounced "Phat Pat" God damnit!

Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1092840

1. Carolina - Gabbert QB
    2. Denver - Fairley DT
    3. Bills - Newton QB
    4. Bengals - AJ Green WR
    5. Cards - Peterson CB
    7. 49rs - Quin - DE
    8. Titans - Amukamara CB
    9. Dallas - Ty Smith OT
    10. Deadskins - Jones WR
    11. Texans - JJ Watt DE
    I don't either but it doesn't stop me from having a little fun with it while the owners and players bitch about who is making how much.:laugh:
    Good point PF.

1. Carolina - Gabbert QB
    2. Denver - Fairley DT
    3. Bills - Newton QB
    4. Bengals - AJ Green WR
    5. Cards - Peterson CB
    7. 49rs - Quin - DE
    8. Titans - Amukamara CB
    9. Dallas - Ty Smith OT
    10. Deadskins - Jones WR
    11. Texans - JJ Watt DE
    LOL. I must be loosing it. First I messed up understanding what Doc was saying, now you lost me.....

I need some meds I think. :blush:

I'm not sure I'm tracking with that. Just don't see them doing anything with OL. Rationale behind that is, if they thought Big Mac was an issue they would have jettisoned his contract last year when there was not chance of repurcussion from doing it. Same goes with Herrera.

Maybe, just maybe they will look at C at 12, but again, I just don't see that happening when I look at the type of Centers Musgrove likes. Both Sully and Coop seem to fit that bill.

Besides, for a OL to be good, there has to be consistency. If the OL starters are all healthy this year, I think we will see their play go back to the 2009 form or even better. I for one believe our OL play was sketch at times because of all the changes that happened throughout the year.

In the end, I just don't think they are looking at OL, especially early this year in the draft.

ThorSPL is offline Team Alumni

Quote Originally Posted by "HEY" #1092848
    It's pronounced "Phat Pat" God damnit!
    You mean it's spelled???

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

www.twitter.com/ThorSPL

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast