Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    2beersTommy is offline Team Alumni

Re: Frazier Vouches For Berrian

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1102117
    Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1102075
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1102060
    Quote Originally Posted by "MindCrimes67" #1102058
    My question is how do you keep an unproductive WR who is grossly overpaid on our roster? BB is not gonna work. We let Sidney walk to sign the WRs we did, and to keep BB.. Got to be kidding me.. Cut his sorry butt, and go after a true #1 WR.. Which is Braylon Edwards.. Got to quit with all this Jenkins, Jones, Floyd stuff they are not #1 receivers... Braylon is the only #1 out there... Just my thoughts..
    That unproductive reciever was very productive with the likes of Gus and TJ throwing to him. Just like he was in Boresville with whats his name throwing to him.

I know alot of people on here will balk at the thought, but maybe, just maybe the problem wasn't BB, but rather the QB.

Lets not forget, Cam came in as a pretty reliable (although not a start) reciever that disappeared as well.

My guess, now that we have a QB that will be in camp and go through the process with the recievers, ALL of our recievers will be productive and not just a select few.
    If you honestly believe the last QB was a problem you are going to be thoroughly disappointed with the solution they just traded for.
    LOL, I hear ya my friend. Not saying I'm jumping up and down and doing cartwheels. Still haven't seen the contract numbers yet.

It is nice, however, to see some progress with the position though. Atleast Dnabb can still run, wants to come to camp, and will work with the recievers and RB's.

Kindof refreshing to see a pro act like a pro instead of a diva. :whistle:
    and saying he has something to prove this season.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1102117
    Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1102075
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1102060
    Quote Originally Posted by "MindCrimes67" #1102058
    My question is how do you keep an unproductive WR who is grossly overpaid on our roster? BB is not gonna work. We let Sidney walk to sign the WRs we did, and to keep BB.. Got to be kidding me.. Cut his sorry butt, and go after a true #1 WR.. Which is Braylon Edwards.. Got to quit with all this Jenkins, Jones, Floyd stuff they are not #1 receivers... Braylon is the only #1 out there... Just my thoughts..
    That unproductive reciever was very productive with the likes of Gus and TJ throwing to him. Just like he was in Boresville with whats his name throwing to him.

I know alot of people on here will balk at the thought, but maybe, just maybe the problem wasn't BB, but rather the QB.

Lets not forget, Cam came in as a pretty reliable (although not a start) reciever that disappeared as well.

My guess, now that we have a QB that will be in camp and go through the process with the recievers, ALL of our recievers will be productive and not just a select few.
    If you honestly believe the last QB was a problem you are going to be thoroughly disappointed with the solution they just traded for.
    LOL, I hear ya my friend. Not saying I'm jumping up and down and doing cartwheels. Still haven't seen the contract numbers yet.

It is nice, however, to see some progress with the position though. Atleast Dnabb can still run, wants to come to camp, and will work with the recievers and RB's.

Kindof refreshing to see a pro act like a pro instead of a diva. :whistle:
    You must not be talking about McChunky because he is the biggest diva qb in the nfl including farve. and alone from ponder possibly being an improvement over jackson it didnt improve going from beef noodle to McChunky chicken

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1102149
    You must not be talking about McChunky because he is the biggest diva qb in the nfl including farve. and alone from ponder possibly being an improvement over jackson it didnt improve going from beef noodle to McChunky chicken
    LOL, this is gonna be a fun year.

Someone else has a deep seeded disdain for the starting QB other than me.

Again, I got your back on this one. Don't agree, but I've got your back.:laugh:
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by "Mr Anderson" #1102133
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1102129
    Quote Originally Posted by "Mr Anderson" #1102122
    "Every night before he goes to bed, I massage his hamstrings with evaporated milk."

Hopefully Berrian stays healthy. He can actually be decent if he has his speed and can be on the field on a regular basis.

I still think we need to go after Braylon Edwards though, someone to draw attention away from Berrian over the top.
    Plax or Braylon. Two best fits IMHO.
    I think Bralyon is a far better solution.

He's 6 years younger, was faster than Plax even before he spent years in prison, and is more versatile.
    Good points. I guess for me, the difference comes down to the small case of dropsies that Braylon can get if he isn't having a good day.

That along with my assumption that Plax has a bit more body control in the air than Braylon does. Kindof what makes him good in the Red Zone.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by "2beersTommy" #1102134
    and saying he has something to prove this season.
    Of course alot of the local yocals are hacking on me a bit.....Saying that they were happy the Vikes took their trash out.

One guy who actually talks pretty good game made a comment that kindof rings true to what you just said my friend.

He said that it look like Dnabb really didn't want to be a Deadskin last year. Almost like he was in cruise control/protecting himself, waiting to be were he really wanted to go.

In short, from what is being heard, he really wanted to be a Vike last year, maybe he does have something to prove. My hope is that he can hold up his end of the effort.

Blog Entries

I would be inclined to take plax if he was looking like he learned his lesson. physically he is our best fit. but would need to know how he has changed mentally

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1102153
    Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1102149
    LOL, this is gonna be a fun year.

Someone else has a deep seeded disdain for the starting QB other than me.

Again, I got your back on this one. Don't agree, but I've got your back.:laugh:
    dont need any backing but thanks. the difference is i do not like him for who he is not who he played for and once the season starts i will actually hope he proves me wrong and will man up to it if he does.no diversions and no excuses.

Johnson14 is offline Hall of Famer

Not a BB fan at all, dropped simple catches last year, wasnt a factor and even wimped out with a broken nail or whatever.. BUT iirc the last couple of games he did start to make catches and become a factor, too little too late. I'll give Frazier the BOD on this one.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234