Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    mountainviking is offline Team Alumni

Re: Frazier Vouches For Berrian

I think health has been at least a bit of BB's issue. Seems he's been dinged up/had hamstring issues for the past few years. Maybe, hopefully, all the extra time off got him closer to 100%! Unless, of course, all the time off leads to another pulled hammy! DOH!! :blink:

ON the other side, I feel like there's a pretty decent chance that one of either Arceneaux or Aromashodu will step up and be surprisingly effective outside. Both have decent size and speed, and have shown the ability to catch the ball. Maybe, we get really, really lucky and both of them can play good enough ball that we can jettison BB after TC AND keep Harvin in his more natural position of slot WR/slash RB!!?!

And, really, for a vet WR, 3.9 mil isn't over the top money. Probably about right for a guy with BB's history and experience, but the next two years of his deal (at 6.9 and 7.9) don't have any chance of happening as is without a huge comeback year this year. Looking at it contract wise, this is pretty much his "contract year" cuz I don't think even he believes he'll collect those figures for what he's done lately.
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1102075
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1102060
    Quote Originally Posted by "MindCrimes67" #1102058
    My question is how do you keep an unproductive WR who is grossly overpaid on our roster? BB is not gonna work. We let Sidney walk to sign the WRs we did, and to keep BB.. Got to be kidding me.. Cut his sorry butt, and go after a true #1 WR.. Which is Braylon Edwards.. Got to quit with all this Jenkins, Jones, Floyd stuff they are not #1 receivers... Braylon is the only #1 out there... Just my thoughts..
    That unproductive reciever was very productive with the likes of Gus and TJ throwing to him. Just like he was in Boresville with whats his name throwing to him.

I know alot of people on here will balk at the thought, but maybe, just maybe the problem wasn't BB, but rather the QB.

Lets not forget, Cam came in as a pretty reliable (although not a start) reciever that disappeared as well.

My guess, now that we have a QB that will be in camp and go through the process with the recievers, ALL of our recievers will be productive and not just a select few.
    If you honestly believe the last QB was a problem you are going to be thoroughly disappointed with the solution they just traded for.
    LOL, I hear ya my friend. Not saying I'm jumping up and down and doing cartwheels. Still haven't seen the contract numbers yet.

It is nice, however, to see some progress with the position though. Atleast Dnabb can still run, wants to come to camp, and will work with the recievers and RB's.

Kindof refreshing to see a pro act like a pro instead of a diva. :whistle:
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by "TNViking" #1102078
    Frankly, if we cannot sign anyone better at WR or elsewhere and we can afford the $5M, why not keep him. But I would like to think that $5M (plus some extra) could get us Braylon or Cromartie or something more consistent and healthy than BB has been.

NFL QB SHUFFLE
    Another pleasant sighting. Hows it going down south my friend?

Love the sig.

I'd rather see them spend it on a DT and possibly a S. Anyone seen anything on Hussain? He sign his tender or have a contract done?
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by "mountainviking" #1102085
    I think health has been at least a bit of BB's issue. Seems he's been dinged up/had hamstring issues for the past few years. Maybe, hopefully, all the extra time off got him closer to 100%! Unless, of course, all the time off leads to another pulled hammy! DOH!! :blink:

ON the other side, I feel like there's a pretty decent chance that one of either Arceneaux or Aromashodu will step up and be surprisingly effective outside. Both have decent size and speed, and have shown the ability to catch the ball. Maybe, we get really, really lucky and both of them can play good enough ball that we can jettison BB after TC AND keep Harvin in his more natural position of slot WR/slash RB!!?!

And, really, for a vet WR, 3.9 mil isn't over the top money. Probably about right for a guy with BB's history and experience, but the next two years of his deal (at 6.9 and 7.9) don't have any chance of happening as is without a huge comeback year this year. Looking at it contract wise, this is pretty much his "contract year" cuz I don't think even he believes he'll collect those figures for what he's done lately.
    I actually like the signing of Arceneaux. Gonna be fun to watch how he works in camp and in the preseason games.

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

"Every night before he goes to bed, I massage his hamstrings with evaporated milk."

Hopefully Berrian stays healthy. He can actually be decent if he has his speed and can be on the field on a regular basis.

I still think we need to go after Braylon Edwards though, someone to draw attention away from Berrian over the top.

TNViking is offline Starter

Thanks

I'd rather have a better WR or a good DT orCB/S but if not, I wouldn't cut BB just to leave a hole.

NFL Network said this AM that Abdullah was still unsigned.

NFL QB SHUFFLE

TNViking is offline Starter

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1102119
    Frankly, if we cannot sign anyone better at WR or elsewhere and we can afford the $5M, why not keep him. But I would like to think that $5M (plus some extra) could get us Braylon or Cromartie or something more consistent and healthy than BB has been.

NFL QB SHUFFLE

Love the sig.

I'd rather see them spend it on a DT and possibly a S. Anyone seen anything on Hussain? He sign his tender or have a contract done?
    Thanks

Last I heard (NFL Network this AM) Hussain was still unsigned

NFL QB SHUFFLE

Quote Originally Posted by "Mr Anderson" #1102122
    "Every night before he goes to bed, I massage his hamstrings with evaporated milk."

Hopefully Berrian stays healthy. He can actually be decent if he has his speed and can be on the field on a regular basis.

I still think we need to go after Braylon Edwards though, someone to draw attention away from Berrian over the top.
    Plax or Braylon. Two best fits IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by "TNViking" #1102127
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1102119

NFL QB SHUFFLE

Love the sig.

Thanks

Last I heard (NFL Network this AM) Hussain was still unsigned
    Starting to worry about the S position. Gonna go score the waiver wire. See whos left.

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1102129
    Quote Originally Posted by "Mr Anderson" #1102122

Plax or Braylon. Two best fits IMHO.
    I think Bralyon is a far better solution.

He's 6 years younger, was faster than Plax even before he spent years in prison, and is more versatile.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast