Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Frazier Vouches For Berrian

Berrian seemingly was not a favorite of Brett Favre and hit rock bottom in 2010 when he only netted 28 catches, 252 yards, and no touchdowns. Head coach Leslie Frazier, however, seems willing to shrug off the down year and make Berrian earn his money.

“Bernard Berrian is going to step up and have a great year,” Frazier said on Friday.

Frazier also said that acquiring one of the few remaining free agent receivers is “not our focus” and dismissed the idea that his offense will be unable to stretch the field.

”We’ve got Bernard Berrian here for a reason,” Frazier said. “He’s going step up and help us in that (deep-ball) area. Percy (Harvin) can still catch the ball deep. Visanthe (Shiancoe) can still stretch the field down the middle of the field. We’ve got some weapons to stretch the field when we need to.”

Two things.....1. I agree with Coach Frazier. I think we will BB return to Pre-Noodle BB numbers.

2. I'm not sure why everyone seems to think the losing of Rice limits our ability to go deep. That isn't our problem. Rice gave us a big body threat in the short to intermediate stuff and the redzone (which equates to short to intermediate stuff my friends).

Get a guy that can fill that void and we will be alright. My guess, the staff thinks they all ready have a guy who can compete for that position.

Atleast to the level of who is left on the FA market (except Plax).
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Frazier Vouches For Berrian

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1102039
    Berrian seemingly was not a favorite of Brett Favre and hit rock bottom in 2010 when he only netted 28 catches, 252 yards, and no touchdowns. Head coach Leslie Frazier, however, seems willing to shrug off the down year and make Berrian earn his money.

“Bernard Berrian is going to step up and have a great year,” Frazier said on Friday.

Frazier also said that acquiring one of the few remaining free agent receivers is “not our focus” and dismissed the idea that his offense will be unable to stretch the field.

”We’ve got Bernard Berrian here for a reason,” Frazier said. “He’s going step up and help us in that (deep-ball) area. Percy (Harvin) can still catch the ball deep. Visanthe (Shiancoe) can still stretch the field down the middle of the field. We’ve got some weapons to stretch the field when we need to.”

Two things.....1. I agree with Coach Frazier. I think we will BB return to Pre-Noodle BB numbers.

2. I'm not sure why everyone seems to think the losing of Rice limits our ability to go deep. That isn't our problem. Rice gave us a big body threat in the short to intermediate stuff and the redzone (which equates to short to intermediate stuff my friends).

Get a guy that can fill that void and we will be alright. My guess, the staff thinks they all ready have a guy who can compete for that position.

1: Which numbers would those be?

His '08 numbers (48 catches, 968 yds, 7 TD's)?

Or '07, his last season with the Bears (71 catches, 951 yds, 5 TDs)?

With Favre in '09 he had 55 catches (his most as a Viking, and his second highest total to date), 618 yds, and 4 TDs.

in '10, he disappeared.

So, which Berrian are we seeing the return of? The one we've never seen (from '07)? Or a different one?

2: Rice had little to do with our ability to go deep...Berrian's inability to create separation had a lot more to do with that.

FWIW, I hope Frazier is right...but I ain't betting heavily on it.

Caine

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Frazier also said Madieu Williams did a great job for us.

I'm quickly losing confidence that Frazier is our guy.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Quote Originally Posted by "Caine" #1102045
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1102039

1: Which numbers would those be?

His '08 numbers (48 catches, 968 yds, 7 TD's)?

Or '07, his last season with the Bears (71 catches, 951 yds, 5 TDs)?

With Favre in '09 he had 55 catches (his most as a Viking, and his second highest total to date), 618 yds, and 4 TDs.

in '10, he disappeared.

So, which Berrian are we seeing the return of? The one we've never seen (from '07)? Or a different one?

2: Rice had little to do with our ability to go deep...Berrian's inability to create separation had a lot more to do with that.

FWIW, I hope Frazier is right...but I ain't betting heavily on it.

Caine
    Nothing wrong with a cat who gets 1,000ish with crap QB's throwing to him.

Based on alot of multiple TE sets and a re-focus on running the ball, that should be more than enough to make this offense effective in that area.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by "singersp" #1102049
    Frazier also said Madieu Williams did a great job for us.

I'm quickly losing confidence that Frazier is our guy.
    Almost as if he opens his mouth, says something and then someone says, "Shut up, we didn't tell you to say that".

JK, I think Frazier will be ok. Pagac seems to have a good handle on what to do with the defense (he showed that late in the season last year) and if Musgrove can somehow not fail in this attempt, we will be OK.

Other than a couple of positions, this team is still a good team, regardless of what a few on here want to spew forth.

My question is how do you keep an unproductive WR who is grossly overpaid on our roster? BB is not gonna work. We let Sidney walk to sign the WRs we did, and to keep BB.. Got to be kidding me.. Cut his sorry butt, and go after a true #1 WR.. Which is Braylon Edwards.. Got to quit with all this Jenkins, Jones, Floyd stuff they are not #1 receivers... Braylon is the only #1 out there... Just my thoughts..

Quote Originally Posted by "MindCrimes67" #1102058
    My question is how do you keep an unproductive WR who is grossly overpaid on our roster? BB is not gonna work. We let Sidney walk to sign the WRs we did, and to keep BB.. Got to be kidding me.. Cut his sorry butt, and go after a true #1 WR.. Which is Braylon Edwards.. Got to quit with all this Jenkins, Jones, Floyd stuff they are not #1 receivers... Braylon is the only #1 out there... Just my thoughts..
    That unproductive reciever was very productive with the likes of Gus and TJ throwing to him. Just like he was in Boresville with whats his name throwing to him.

I know alot of people on here will balk at the thought, but maybe, just maybe the problem wasn't BB, but rather the QB.

Lets not forget, Cam came in as a pretty reliable (although not a start) reciever that disappeared as well.

My guess, now that we have a QB that will be in camp and go through the process with the recievers, ALL of our recievers will be productive and not just a select few.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

One only needs to look at our LT for your answer.

Same reason.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1102060
    That unproductive reciever was very productive with the likes of Gus and TJ throwing to him. Just like he was in Boresville with whats his name throwing to him.

I know alot of people on here will balk at the thought, but maybe, just maybe the problem wasn't BB, but rather the QB.

Lets not forget, Cam came in as a pretty reliable (although not a start) reciever that disappeared as well.

My guess, now that we have a QB that will be in camp and go through the process with the recievers, ALL of our recievers will be productive and not just a select few.
    That was 2and 3 yrs ago. He is now 2-3 yrs older.. Can not stay healthy and if you cant get open being third fiddle behind Rice, and Harvin with Favre throwing. How is he gonna get open with the receivers we have now???

Quote Originally Posted by "singersp" #1102062

One only needs to look at our LT for your answer.

Same reason.

Everyone thought Shanc was overpayed as well, until 08, when the OL started to gel and he was allowed to get out in more routes.

I think we will see Shanc step back into the limelight again this year as well, especially if all the starters on the OL are back/healthy.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast