Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Frazier: Vikings “not giving up on the 2011 season”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/10/19/frazier-vikings-not-giving-up-on-the-2011-season/

“He is our starting quarterback. There is no wavering. I told our team we’re counting on him to lead us over the remainder of the season,” Frazier said. “
    It does not mean that I’m giving up on the season or our coaching staff. We’re not giving up on the 2011 season. The decision was made purely based on what would give us the best chance to win on Sunday. That’s why the decision was made. I didn’t feel or sense that staying status quo was going to get us a win on Sunday.”

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    I see he threw Griff under the bus today. He keeps that up and I suspect that he won't give up, but maybe his players will.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Traveling_Vike is offline Coordinator
    If he had said anything else, it would have proved him a failure without a doubt.

Never, never, NEVER give up. Even if you feel like it, never ever admit it.

Whether or not he believes what he is saying, he had to say it.

My Meeple is purple. What color is yours?

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    I see he threw Griff under the bus today. He keeps that up and I suspect that he won't give up, but maybe his players will.
    I'm assuming you mean Griff the CB & not Griff the DE. Under the bus is where Griffin belongs. He's far to slow after his second ACL tear.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Frazier: Vikings “not giving up on the 2011 season”
    Well when you tell your opponents 6 days in advance that your going to start your rookie QB & prepare accordingly, you're not trying to win games either.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    Well when you tell your opponents 6 days in advance that your going to start your rookie QB & prepare accordingly, you're not trying to win games either.
    Tell me how that puts them in more of a bind than if he had started all year and there was film on him or if he would have stuck with McChunky and they had to prepare for him?

Really, the element of surprise was not going to do anything for us after the first few plays if even then.

Do you really think they were sweating whether they were going to face a rookie or the retread?

Gift is offline Coordinator
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    Tell me how that puts them in more of a bind than if he had started all year and there was film on him or if he would have stuck with McChunky and they had to prepare for him?

Really, the element of surprise was not going to do anything for us after the first few plays if even then.

Do you really think they were sweating whether they were going to face a rookie or the retread?
    any slight advantage is still an advantage & when you 1-5 ANYTHING helps. It was a bad call to announce it so early.
    http://www.purplepride.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6169&dateline=1318052  159

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gift View Post
    any slight advantage is still an advantage & when you 1-5 ANYTHING helps. It was a bad call to announce it so early.
    Then I have the solution- He can just wait until game time to announce whether Berrian will start or not. That will keep them up at night.

Gift is offline Coordinator
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    Then I have the solution- He can just wait until game time to announce whether Berrian will start or not. That will keep them up at night.
    It would, if we dont play BB then they have to single cover his replacement. If we do play BB then the can take the guy who was to cover that position and move him to the box to stop AD.
    http://www.purplepride.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6169&dateline=1318052  159

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    I'm assuming you mean Griff the CB & not Griff the DE. Under the bus is where Griffin belongs. He's far to slow after his second ACL tear.
    Why? Cause he did what he was supposed to do, bite on the move to the outside by Hester and couldn't recover in time to blanket him?

You do realize he is supposed to keep to the outside on that and is supposed to rely on the S coming out of the cloud coverage to help.

You want to hack on someone for that play, start with the DL that need help, the S that was sent to help and didn't get there cause he hesitated, but don't say that it is indicative of Griff being slow.

He has run fine with bigger and better recievers this year, to the point he has been playing both sides.

In short, Griff isn't our issue. He's a damn fine C2 CB. But hey, if your looking for him to stay with Hester like Revis could, I can see that, but Revis isn't a C2 CB now is he?
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast