singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Frazier Still Looking For 3rd RB

Vikings Still Looking For Third Running Back, Leslie Frazier Says

Vikings Still Looking For Third Running Back, Leslie Frazier Says - SB Nation Minnesota

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Based on what I've seen so far this preaseason, Asiata has outplayed Hilliard by far.

vikesrgreat2 is offline Starter
    Blog Entries
    Singer, from what I've seen, I agree. Asiata has done some nice things. Right now, he would be my choice for the Vikings' #3 RB.

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    Based on what I've seen so far this preaseason, Asiata has outplayed Hilliard by far.
    I would say he did until he fumbled, hope this isn't a problem but it makes me wonder why he went undrafted and why was he in the UFL but didn't make the roster in Omaha. Does anyone know his story from 2011 cause he seemed to do alright in Utah.

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    I was curious about his scouting report and it looks like he can block and catch too, forgot he was a fullback but am sold on him now

LINK

Married with.... children

Quote Originally Posted by vikinggreg View Post
    I would say he did until he fumbled, hope this isn't a problem but it makes me wonder why he went undrafted and why was he in the UFL but didn't make the roster in Omaha. Does anyone know his story from 2011 cause he seemed to do alright in Utah.
    Hilliard fumbled in that game as well. Asiata still looked good last night & I got to believe Lex is history after Todman's performance. He stepped up a notch & looked fast in that TD run.

It would be nice to see them keep them both somehow. AD is still unknown as to how he can cut on his routes or how easily he can re-injure the knee.
    Last edited by singersp; 08-31-2012 at 10:04 AM.

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    I didn't see last night's game, but I have to agree that Hilliard did nothing to earn his spot on the roster. Asiata had the best pre-season, and probably should earn the spot based on that. I didn't see Todman last night, and haven't seen much of him in the other 3 games. However, if he does have a more explosive style and offers a different threat he may be in the running.

I guess we'll know soon, but I think Asiata has earned a spot on the team and Todman on the PS.

Freakout is offline Coordinator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tastywaves View Post
    I didn't see last night's game, but I have to agree that Hilliard did nothing to earn his spot on the roster. Asiata had the best pre-season, and probably should earn the spot based on that. I didn't see Todman last night, and haven't seen much of him in the other 3 games. However, if he does have a more explosive style and offers a different threat he may be in the running.

I guess we'll know soon, but I think Asiata has earned a spot on the team and Todman on the PS.
    Todman missed a lot of time due to a bad ankle sprain. The kid looked very good last night. I knew he could catch and that he had speed but he had like 3 really good cut blocks last night against bigger OLB on passing downs.

Best of both worlds.

RB - AD, Toby, Todman

FB - Asiata

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Freakout View Post
    Todman missed a lot of time due to a bad ankle sprain. The kid looked very good last night. I knew he could catch and that he had speed but he had like 3 really good cut blocks last night against bigger OLB on passing downs.

Best of both worlds.

RB - AD, Toby, Todman

FB - Asiata
    Tough decision.

From what I understand about Asiata, it appeared he over performed in preseason per expectations which should give him a decent shot to make the roster. Todman on the other hand appears to offer more utility. It comes down to how much stock you put in production vs. potential/talent I guess.